Vegas or State cup?

Vegas or State Cup

• Vegas

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • State Cup

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
Vegas Cup is very fun and competitive for youngers, this tournament turns crappy for older ages. I will take advantage of the Vegas environment while is competitive. Kids will remember their Vegas experiences for many years, reinforcing their soccer expectations and goals.
State Cup will be forgotten next year. At the age of your girls, creating a fun environment playing soccer is more valuable than win state cup. State Cup titles are good for coaches resumes or team rankings, no credit for players at all.
I'll go to Vegas and have fun, over State Cup. Just be responsible and use only the spare time to gamble. What I used to do in my past years at Vegas is to rent a house away from the strip and keep my players there. You can have parents and players enjoying the trip/tournament if you do it right. Enjoy either decision.
I respectfully disagree with you here. At u9 no trip to Vegas should supersede a State Cup event no matter how shitty Lancaster or San Bernadino is.

I love Vegas but would never take my u14 or younger kids there. Makes no sense for the little ones. If it's for the experience, I'd rather find a tournament in the summer in San Diego or near the beach to stay at a hotel.

I respectfully disagree with you here. At u9 no trip to Vegas should supersede a State Cup event no matter how shitty Lancaster or San Bernadino is.
It is good to disagree. This site is designed to share pov's.
I actually won't take my team back to vegas cup if they don't improve the competition.
Just shared my team experience, hopping to help somebody if it could.
Not trying to convince anyone. Just saying that thanks to vegas cup at the ealy age for boys, helped them to be able to manage away from home games. We used vegas as a pilot experience to eventually attended Dallas Cup, Supercopa in Chicago, many Surf Cups, International tourney in China last month and will attend spain next year. We were either champs or finalist of these said tournaments
Starting playing away from home opens a wide door for success of the players, trust me.
Staying at home its nice, comfortable, cheap, but its just home at the end of the day.
Again, it just my experience. Yours might be different. Cheers.

Back