Vegas Cup 2018 Gold

HEAT FC 05 TP caught us off guard & impressed me at Surf a well... they should be close IMO... Slammers Pre-Elite the team to beat though with so many of the other big names not there....

Pretty certain you mean Heat FC 05 ECNL. Heat FC 05 TP are not a strong team.

I'll vote Slammers Pre Elite to win this. They're excellent. Being honest Scottsdale Chapman are nowhere close to them and I think the challenge will come from either Heat ECNL or a "dark horse", if it comes at all. Will be a fun tourney with some good soccer either way!

I'll vote Slammers Pre Elite to win this. They're excellent. Being honest Scottsdale Chapman are nowhere close to them and I think the challenge will come from either Heat ECNL or a "dark horse", if it comes at all. Will be a fun tourney with some good soccer either way!
Yes, the better Heat team

I think Blackhawks with Chapman will do rather well. They have played up this year in league play and have done well. The parents have not been happy because they are not rolling over everyone...but because they are playing older and bigger girls on a regular basis...I think that goes a long way.

More than a few of them will move to DA next year. Another batch to ECNL.

My DD's team lost to Heat FC in group play. The Heat midfielder scored one of the best goals I've seen all year. Solid team they've got.

Dang. 6 games in 51 hours is a LOT of soccer. Especially being in Vegas. I'm sure they players tried to treat it like a business trip - but it's hard to not get caught up in doing touristy stuff in a place like Vegas.

West Coast Schedule:
  • Saturday: 10:15 am (wonder if people drove in on Saturday morning or got in on Friday). Game ends at 11:30
    • Eat lunch near the fields at noon (Probably a long wait for food at a sit down restaurant considering the soccer being played) Be back at the field by 2:30
  • Saturday 3:15pm. Game ends by 4:30
    • Back to hotel. Eat and usually do something fun with the team that night
  • Sunday: 11:30 am game (Arrive by 10:45. Which means you need to get to valet at the hotel by 9:00 am to make it to Bettye Wilson on time. Valet lines in Vegas on a Sunday will take at least 30 minutes)
  • Sunday: 8:15pm game (I bet many of these players have an 8:30 pm bedtime during the week. We are talking about 12 year olds). Game ends by 9:30
    • Back to hotel on the Strip by 10:15 pm.
  • Monday: 10:15 am game. Probably check out of hotel and pack the car. So probably out of the room by 8:00 am.
  • Monday: 2:00 pm game - Championship

Dang. 6 games in 51 hours is a LOT of soccer. Especially being in Vegas. I'm sure they players tried to treat it like a business trip - but it's hard to not get caught up in doing touristy stuff in a place like Vegas.

West Coast Schedule:
  • Saturday: 10:15 am (wonder if people drove in on Saturday morning or got in on Friday). Game ends at 11:30
    • Eat lunch near the fields at noon (Probably a long wait for food at a sit down restaurant considering the soccer being played) Be back at the field by 2:30
  • Saturday 3:15pm. Game ends by 4:30
    • Back to hotel. Eat and usually do something fun with the team that night
  • Sunday: 11:30 am game (Arrive by 10:45. Which means you need to get to valet at the hotel by 9:00 am to make it to Bettye Wilson on time. Valet lines in Vegas on a Sunday will take at least 30 minutes)
  • Sunday: 8:15pm game (I bet many of these players have an 8:30 pm bedtime during the week. We are talking about 12 year olds). Game ends by 9:30
    • Back to hotel on the Strip by 10:15 pm.
  • Monday: 10:15 am game. Probably check out of hotel and pack the car. So probably out of the room by 8:00 am.
  • Monday: 2:00 pm game - Championship
What was the finals score?

Heat ECNL beat West Coast 1-0 in the final. Scottsdale didn't make it out of group stage. My prediction wasn't half bad.

Back