USWNT

Rapinoe 13 -0 Jojo
She’s kickin my butt!
Haha, I was at that 13-0 WC game and I enjoyed every minute of it.
It’s all the negative attention after they won that has become the let down.

Please explain what you mean by "negative attention".

JULY 11, 2019
Like Kaepernick, Megan Rapinoe brings dishonor to her sport and to America
By Patricia McCarthy
Megan Rapinoe is so enamored of her own athletic prowess, she has somehow internalized the notion that we care what she thinks about the President, the anthem, the flag and the country. As Silvio Canto wrote here on Wednesday, she seems to think her superior skill at soccer gives her the right to insult all the Americans with political views that differ from hers.

Rapinoe demonstrated an embarrassing lack of class that contaminates her entire team. She is a woman who never learned that a bit of grace is an infectious thing in a good way. This, of course, makes her a hero to the hate-America left that populates CNN and MSNBC 24/7. Her disdain for the country to them means she is presidential material! Just ask Rachel Maddow.

The Left is now officially insane. This arrogant, disagreeable woman, Rapinoe, because she plays soccer well, thinks she has the right to trash everything and everyone she loathes. As Rush suggested, she is likely angling for a hefty contract with Nike or some other sports mega-company that will throw millions of dollars at her to spew her venom. It worked for failed NFL jerk Colin Kaepernick and Rapinoe checks off an additional box on the identity politics scale as a gay woman.

New York gave the women's soccer team a ticker tape parade and a platform.

214733_5_.png

Rapinoe addresses the victory parade crowd

(Fox Soccer screen grab via YouTube)

This victory is not equal to VE Day or akin to our astronauts' achievements in space. Not even close. MSNBC says Rapinoe is "filling the leadership void," that her place in the global spotlight " provides her an opportunity for a positive message." For heaven's sake; one would think she just managed to bring about world peace. Watching her team and its fans in Lyon chant "F*** Trump" on camera was obnoxious, a betrayal. These were Americans on foreign soil.

@Sheriff Joe- This is the guy you support though, how is he patriotic...
Just before Veteran's Day, Trump skipped out on a ceremony commemorating the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. He was scheduled to lay a wreath at the Aisne-Marne American cemetery, where more than 1,800 Americans, who fought alongside the French to repel Germans, were buried. But he cancelled, citing "scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather," otherwise known as light rain. The sprinkling of water didn't keep any of the other world leaders from attending scheduled events, nor WH chief of staff John Kelly and Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, from going to the cemetery in his stead. Back in DC on Monday, he blew off Veteran's Day altogether, canceling another pre-scheduled visit, this time to Arlington Cemetery, a mere 12-minute drive from the White House.

Winston Churchill's grandson called Trump "pathetic" in near disbelief that he "couldn't even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen." Ben Rhodes, a foreign policy advisor to President Barack Obama, dismissed the lame bad-weather excuse out of hand, tweeting that "there is always a rain option. Always." The MAGA crowd of course said nothing; they certainly won't miss the next rally. Just as they have when Trump, who dodged the Vietnam war by claiming "bone spurs," attacked three Gold Star families; called the late Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) "no war hero;" and lied about donating $1 million to veterans' nonprofits until media pressure forced him to make good on his pledge. Whether you ascribe to military heroism or not, it's unequivocally true that no one disrespects the troops more than Trump. He famously once said that he could "stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone" and "not lose any voters"—the same would hold true if the someone he shot was a decorated vet.

@Sheriff Joe- This is the guy you support though, how is he patriotic...
Just before Veteran's Day, Trump skipped out on a ceremony commemorating the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. He was scheduled to lay a wreath at the Aisne-Marne American cemetery, where more than 1,800 Americans, who fought alongside the French to repel Germans, were buried. But he cancelled, citing "scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather," otherwise known as light rain. The sprinkling of water didn't keep any of the other world leaders from attending scheduled events, nor WH chief of staff John Kelly and Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, from going to the cemetery in his stead. Back in DC on Monday, he blew off Veteran's Day altogether, canceling another pre-scheduled visit, this time to Arlington Cemetery, a mere 12-minute drive from the White House.

Winston Churchill's grandson called Trump "pathetic" in near disbelief that he "couldn't even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen." Ben Rhodes, a foreign policy advisor to President Barack Obama, dismissed the lame bad-weather excuse out of hand, tweeting that "there is always a rain option. Always." The MAGA crowd of course said nothing; they certainly won't miss the next rally. Just as they have when Trump, who dodged the Vietnam war by claiming "bone spurs," attacked three Gold Star families; called the late Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) "no war hero;" and lied about donating $1 million to veterans' nonprofits until media pressure forced him to make good on his pledge. Whether you ascribe to military heroism or not, it's unequivocally true that no one disrespects the troops more than Trump. He famously once said that he could "stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone" and "not lose any voters"—the same would hold true if the someone he shot was a decorated vet.

Have you seen what "light rain" does to his hairdo?

The problem I have is all the focus is about equal pay and Rapinoe. We are no longer talking about the games and how great some of the other players played. Does it really help womens soccer that we are no longer talking about the games and are younger players who should have become stars after the way they performed in the world cup. And yes i am for US soccer paying the women more money

The problem I have is all the focus is about equal pay and Rapinoe. We are no longer talking about the games and how great some of the other players played. Does it really help womens soccer that we are no longer talking about the games and are younger players who should have become stars after the way they performed in the world cup. And yes i am for US soccer paying the women more money

It appears that you are in favor of the women getting "more money", but not "equal pay". Did I misunderstand?

We should be talking about Lavelle and how she could be the future.

It appears that you are in favor of the women getting "more money", but not "equal pay". Did I misunderstand?
I dont like to say equal pay because if the women bring in more money they should get a bonus and if the men do they should get a bonus. but yes base money should start out the same

Huh? Does it help women’s soccer - is that a serious question? I’m sure all 23 would like to move right along to new topics ASAP but in the mean time we can thank and support them for fighting on behalf of all of our girls. Anyway the discussions are not mutually exclusive.

Lastman here you go:

I dont like to say equal pay because if the women bring in more money they should get a bonus and if the men do they should get a bonus. but yes base money should start out the same

Bring in more money like prize money from a tournament? Like selling broadcast rights? Like profits from replica apparel sales (and other similar fan souvenirs)?

Huh? Does it help women’s soccer - is that a serious question? I’m sure all 23 would like to move right along to new topics ASAP but in the mean time we can thank and support them for fighting on behalf of all of our girls. Anyway the discussions are not mutually exclusive.

Lastman here you go:

When I dont hear people talking about the games anymore yes i think it doesnt help womens soccer.

When I dont hear people talking about the games anymore yes i think it doesnt help womens soccer.

Any publicity is good publicity. If it wasn’t for Rapinoe and the equal pay issue, we would have been done talking about the “games.” That’s just the way it works.

Lastman here you go:
I’m assuming that was Lavelle many years ago.

Any publicity is good publicity. If it wasn’t for Rapinoe and the equal pay issue, we would have been done talking about the “games.” That’s just the way it works.
I hope thats not the case. If they cant keep people interested in the sport by the play on the field for a week and need other things to keep people interested then the game has bigger issues. I love women's soccer and dont believe thats the case but maybe I'm wrong.

Back