USSDA U13 Standings

Maybe...
He is willing to go to Galaxy.....
I don't know what is the plan for next season....

The Galaxy correspondence like high school blended requirement comes into play next year for this group.

Some players will be focusing on attending more socially and educational advanced high school programs according to several parents I spoke to. Others are debating other school's that have good local educational & soccer programs such as Cathedral.

The Galaxy blended program can be a good fit for some players but of course there are some sacfices to chase the dream.

The Galaxy correspondence like high school blended requirement comes into play next year for this group.

Some players will be focusing on attending more socially and educational advanced high school programs according to several parents I spoke to. Others are debating other school's that have good local educational & soccer programs such as Cathedral.

The Galaxy blended program can be a good fit for some players but of course there are some sacfices to chase the dream.
I'm curious how this works. So if your son is on the Galaxy Academy team, he is required to attend their high school? So for parents who are now driving an hour(+/-) to practice, this would translate to them driving daily an hour to and from for high school? I'm not understanding the logic behind this. From what understand not many of their players end up playing professional so why would any parent, who is not in dire need, ever do this given the many other options? I must be missing something. What is it?

I'm curious how this works. So if your son is on the Galaxy Academy team, he is required to attend their high school? So for parents who are now driving an hour(+/-) to practice, this would translate to them driving daily an hour to and from for high school? I'm not understanding the logic behind this. From what understand not many of their players end up playing professional so why would any parent, who is not in dire need, ever do this given the many other options? I must be missing something. What is it?

I think a nearby school to stubhub center provides the academics (I think it's UC Santa Dominguez?) and the players live near stubhub, and they do two a days, soccer training in the morning, school, soccer training in the afternoon, homework.

Not sure how the education compares to other options. Not sure how the social life is, either, as they will not have any girls their age around, unless Galaxy does residency for their girls academy teams as well.

I think a nearby school to stubhub center provides the academics (I think it's UC Santa Dominguez?) and the players live near stubhub, and they do two a days, soccer training in the morning, school, soccer training in the afternoon, homework.

Not sure how the education compares to other options. Not sure how the social life is, either, as they will not have any girls their age around, unless Galaxy does residency for their girls academy teams as well.

All the info is at:
http://www.lagalaxyschool.com/

Capistrano Connections Academy provides the virtual component of the blended learning environment. Besides being based on the CAL State Dominguez Campus, CCA provides the accreditation and academics.

Some players commute every day to school and when you have morning practice in the AM would be very difficult to attend another school and get there & back to make it work.

All the info is at:
http://www.lagalaxyschool.com/

Capistrano Connections Academy provides the virtual component of the blended learning environment. Besides being based on the CAL State Dominguez Campus, CCA provides the accreditation and academics.

Some players commute every day to school and when you have morning practice in the AM would be very difficult to attend another school and get there & back to make it work.
So like home schooling with tutors?

Top 3 basically same all season, other teams not close

LA Galaxy U-13 55 pts / 2.62
FC Golden State U-13 53 pts / 2.52
Los Angeles United Futbol Academy U-13 46 pts/ 2.09
Albion SC U-13 37 pts / 1.68
I saw the LAFC vs LAUFA game 2 weeks ago. The 04 LAUFA team has some strong kids. Don't get me wrong, LAFC had some good ones too. But LAUFA 04 wasn't having it. I saw two from LAFC and 1 from LAUFA Both 04 that can play with 03 and do well.
LAUFA #8 stood out the most.

I'm still not too convinced with LAG 04. Good strategy but they seem to be missing some athletes. It's just my opinion. Not saying they suck at all.

What happened to Surf? Didn't they get several players from Albion and supposedly had a strong core of '03s?

What happened to Surf? Didn't they get several players from Albion and supposedly had a strong core of '03s?

Recently added some more players, from LAG SD their top striker for one.

JH always seemed like a solid coach when he was in LA, but man he sure complained and whined more than just about any other that I recall when we played them this season. What happen to respect and patience JH?

I'm not sure where they might be if standing where keep but I would guess bottom half of the table, with only couple wins 2nd half of season. Vs the top 3 teams their record is ~ Zero (0) for 7-8 games or something like that. So are the rest of teams for the most part, the top 3 beat each other but nobody else seems to be able to yet.

Recently added some more players, from LAG SD their top striker for one.

JH always seemed like a solid coach when he was in LA, but man he sure complained and whined more than just about any other that I recall when we played them this season. What happen to respect and patience JH?

I'm not sure where they might be if standing where keep but I would guess bottom half of the table, with only couple wins 2nd half of season. Vs the top 3 teams their record is ~ Zero (0) for 7-8 games or something like that. So are the rest of teams for the most part, the top 3 beat each other but nobody else seems to be able to yet.

About that, I'm not sure what's going on but Real So Cal and Aztecs had very strong performance against LAG, maybe teams are adapting to academy level soccer?

About that, I'm not sure what's going on but Real So Cal and Aztecs had very strong performance against LAG, maybe teams are adapting to academy level soccer?
Probably so. Kids and teams are developing and evolving. Against LAG specifically, I think opposing coaches are adjusting to counter the predictable LAG play-out-of the-back, possession style. More high-pressure. This is good for all parties. Makes the game more competitive and challenging on both sides of the ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the top 3 teams seem more diverse to me don't they? Uh hispanic

As it should be.

From what I have seen there is very little diversity in the So Cal academy systems. There are a lot of really good non Hispanic kids in So Cal but they rarely get the opportunity and to me that is a shame.

From what I have seen there is very little diversity in the So Cal academy systems. There are a lot of really good non Hispanic kids in So Cal but they rarely get the opportunity and to me that is a shame.
Really? Aside from the top 3 teams it's predominantly white?

Not sure what Academy system your following

Back