USSDA Summer Showcase WestField, IN

younothat

PREMIER
So what clubs are planning on attending or sending teams?

U.S. Soccer Development Academy 2017 Summer Showcase and Playoffs will be played at Grand Park in Westfield, IN June 20-26.

Summer Showcase and Playoffs:

June 20: 46 U-14 Showcase games - 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm

June 21: 46 U-14 Showcase games 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm

June 22: U-14 Rest Day; 21 U-15/16 Showcase games - 10:00am, 12:00pm; 16 U-17/18 playoff games - 5:00pm, 6:00pm and 16 U-15/16 Playoff games - 2:30pm, 3:30pm

June 23: 46 U-14 Showcase games - 10:00am, 12:00pm; 11 U-15/16 Showcase games - 2:00pm, 3:00pm; Playoffs rest day

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170209-Summer-Showcase-and-Playoffs

Some wild weather on Friday; driving rain, lightning, passing and dribbling become slick to say the least, rained so much so quickly, fields became saturated. What a huge complex 400 arces, all the land and green spaces.

Southwest teams showed very well at the showcases, positive results in almost all the games but a handful over the three days

Good games, wondering what these teams do in the off year, I see most will be playing back on the club side. Do they play in CRL? Top tournaments? Thanks

Good games, wondering what these teams do in the off year, I see most will be playing back on the club side. Do they play in CRL? Top tournaments? Thanks
I think US Soccer should make mandatory to have a certain amount of younger players on the roster and a minimum of 3 younger in the field at all time.

I think US Soccer should make mandatory to have a certain amount of younger players on the roster and a minimum of 3 younger in the field at all time.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of them going to calendar year and doing away with the split year age groups? The olders will eventually move to calendar year as well.

If your not a stud your not getting any playing time. (Bench warmer)
Most of the coaches will keep their teams together for the most part.
National team player are required to play up.
Shark day is here guys!! It's time to see where kids decide to play next.
Goodluck to everyone and see you on the pitch

Good games...
I saw enough of maybe ten games there to say for certain none of them were "good games." Big boys with little talent going through the motions of real soccer.
What a letdown. "Development" academy in general has proven to be such a sham, but this bizarre showcase ritual takes the cake.

Some wild weather on Friday; driving rain, lightning, passing and dribbling become slick to say the least, rained so much so quickly, fields became saturated. What a huge complex 400 arces, all the land and green spaces.

Southwest teams showed very well at the showcases, positive results in almost all the games but a handful over the three days
It didn't take much for Southwest teams to show well. Turns out most non-mls academy teams are like country clubs, or rather scholarship vehicles for those who can afford it.

That Friday the ball could not roll. Soccer can't be played if the ball can't roll. The boys played anyway of course. Too much invested to not go through the motions.

The complex sure is impressive. It looks like there's also a full size indoor field there. The fields are almost perfectly engineered. Soccer on an industrial-farm scale.

Back