• No improvement/ No detraction

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Slight Decline and trending the wrong direction

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Dramatic Decline

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One side benefit of the DA program is that there is no charge for parking at Oceanside for the end of the year event!

That is a nice thought, but it is more likely that families are paying for parking through their DA fees. It might even be costing them a bit more because some DA administrator is being paid to organize this. The venue might be saving a bit of money by not having to staff the entrance with attendants collecting parking fees. Nobody is losing money on DA except for the non-DA families on a DA club that unwittingly overpay to be on a “pathway to the USWNT” so the club can subsidize its DA team.

That is a nice thought, but it is more likely that families are paying for parking through their DA fees. It might even be costing them a bit more because some DA administrator is being paid to organize this. The venue might be saving a bit of money by not having to staff the entrance with attendants collecting parking fees. Nobody is losing money on DA except for the non-DA families on a DA club that unwittingly overpay to be on a “pathway to the USWNT” so the club can subsidize its DA team.

Here is what I know about the cost structure from online:

U.S. Soccer provides:
-- All Academy event fees;
-- Referee fees (U.S. Soccer assigns referees for all Academy games and subsidizes all associated costs, with the exception of U-12 competitions);
-- Product sponsorship of Nike balls and Powerade stations;
-- Scholarships for need-based players.
(The Scholarship Program is supported by U.S. Soccer to help Academy clubs and players move away from the pay-to-play model of soccer.)

There is no fee to join the DA, but just the registration fee for the players and coaches. This is the first structure in our country in which players register directly with U.S. Soccer by passing the State Youth Associations.

I also know the registration fee is $50 per person. It's possible that US soccer gets a cut of travel from the Travel Company but I have seen no data on this and the costs we pay for travel don't seem to have much room for this profit after you consider that your also paying for coaches. I would agree that if your on a fully or partially subsidized team that money is coming from somewhere.

Back