USSDA 2017/2018

The curriculum will be interesting to watch this year, especially how each club interprets the curriculum. I'm not sure all clubs will be adhering to the same curriculum. All coaches will probably put their own personal style into the curriculum. The curriculum will be, most likely, a hybrid model looking different on every team:
A mixture of Club style/Coach style/US Soccer Curriculum.
Here is an example of a established and accepted curriculum and philosophy, coaching nuances on a curriculum, and a style of play that has benefited not just national side for the men but obviously now being seen on the women's as well. France failed to qualify for two world cups in the 90's and set out to do something about it. It streamlined its approach and what was being taught not just at the National School for Futbol, but across all its professional/youth clubs who worked independently to develop players. At the youngers (before the age of 12) all emphasis is strictly on skill development and nothing else. They also do not discriminate on size as well. After the age of 12 all instruction comes from the curriculum they put into place. So when we watch their National team (men or women) play its with such skill, creativity, and fluid. Good stuff!

Ok so I posted this in on the main Girls' DA thread and didn't get any answers... anyone here know?? I'm curious! Question- with rumors about girls being offered special deals to come to practice only one day a week and girls flying in from other states, is there any requirement that rostered players have to commit to actually attending the 3-4 weekly practices? Seems like US Soccer keeps such detailed records about starting percentages and games played, but do they look at who is actually coming to practice or is that up to the individual coach/club? I have no clue if the rumors are true- I'm just curious. (I'm sure there are always ways to make exceptions even if there is a rule- lol)

Ok so I posted this in on the main Girls' DA thread and didn't get any answers... anyone here know?? I'm curious! Question- with rumors about girls being offered special deals to come to practice only one day a week and girls flying in from other states, is there any requirement that rostered players have to commit to actually attending the 3-4 weekly practices? Seems like US Soccer keeps such detailed records about starting percentages and games played, but do they look at who is actually coming to practice or is that up to the individual coach/club? I have no clue if the rumors are true- I'm just curious. (I'm sure there are always ways to make exceptions even if there is a rule- lol)

"Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements for training and games for their Academy team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the Academy team" All players must provide a home address when they register and ussda does spot checks during the season for training and whatnot.

Uussda players are scouted or evaluated intensively during the season, showcases, & through the bi-yearly audits so I would imagine it would be difficult to "hide" out of area ringers, people would notice with all the connections nowadays, word would get around quickly I would think.

"Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements for training and games for their Academy team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the Academy team" All players must provide a home address when they register and ussda does spot checks during the season for training and whatnot.

Uussda players are scouted or evaluated intensively during the season, showcases, & through the bi-yearly audits so I would imagine it would be difficult to "hide" out of area ringers, people would notice with all the connections nowadays, word would get around quickly I would think.
Thanks! I agree. It will be interesting to see if that actually happens.

Why would a DA team fly anyone in? The point of DA is to develop players not wins.

Well if this is the case Surf is in trouble because they allow their players from OC to miss tons of practice and also they practice with San clemente Surf boys instead of their own team at times. When the DA happened I was shocked a few stayed on because of the fact that four days a week for commuting is a little extreme when you have six closer options but to each his own.
As with all things I am sure they have found a loophole

Why would a DA team fly anyone in? The point of DA is to develop players not wins.

You are on the boys side.
These freaks have existed in the girls side for years and the national championships Surf has won were because of Vegas girls goals.
We even have a ten year old who commutes from Vegas.
Hopefully his practice stops.
Is my understanding that he rules are different with DA vs ECNL

Anything can happen but I can tell you players are required to train regularly with a ussda team to be eligible to play and I've seen the ussda people review the attendance logs, signatures of players for training.

Registration has been denied and individual's have been disqualified in the past, academy clubs have been disciplined for failure to comply with procedures, mandates, or falsifying information.

Ussda scouts, coaches, players are very connected so messing around and trying to game the system will most likely get noticed sooner than later and there are a bunch of ramifications.

No one can come four days a week from that mileage- let's see how long it takes for anything, if even, to happen.
These guys have been doing this for years I can't imagine it changing

You are on the boys side.
These freaks have existed in the girls side for years and the national championships Surf has won were because of Vegas girls goals.
We even have a ten year old who commutes from Vegas.
Hopefully his practice stops.
Is my understanding that he rules are different with DA vs ECNL

Don't forget that ECNL allows for "discovery players". These players do not have to practice with the ECNL club. I suspect the DP's practice with their local club and then commute to the field where their ECNL team is playing.

It does not appear that GDA has made a designation/distinction for players that can train with their local club and just participate with the GDA team for games or showcases.

The point is if that's the case then the OC players commuting to SD would be expected to be there 4 days a week - and the SD players making the drive up should be the same. Anyone who has done this knows it's a committment two days a week and then the games. Adding two more days is significant.
Also not every field has lights so in the past players commuting have not been physically able to get to OC or SD by 3:30 because of school getting out. If they are going to enforce this rule I know offhand about ten families who could not do this. If they continue to allow them not to show, or practice with a non DA club offsite then it's a non issue.

Don't forget that ECNL allows for "discovery players". These players do not have to practice with the ECNL club. I suspect the DP's practice with their local club and then commute to the field where their ECNL team is playing.

It does not appear that GDA has made a designation/distinction for players that can train with their local club and just participate with the GDA team for games or showcases.

For ussda all player's including DP's are required to train with their clubs da team(s) on a regular basis.

National team pools, camps, call-ups or pre approved comps are the only way to get a exception to the training requirements during the season. That results is missing regular league games on weekend or longer while player's are training & playing elsewhere.

Well if this is the case Surf is in trouble because they allow their players from OC to miss tons of practice and also they practice with San clemente Surf boys instead of their own team at times. When the DA happened I was shocked a few stayed on because of the fact that four days a week for commuting is a little extreme when you have six closer options but to each his own.
As with all things I am sure they have found a loophole

There is no loophole

Back