University of Cincinnati ends Men's Soccer

pokergod

SILVER ELITE
The budget cuts are starting and will be deep and profound. If college football is cancelled or postponed, the major revenue producing sport, the budget cuts will be beyond anything we can imagine. I would further speculate that DeVos will use this as an excuse to end title ix.

The budget cuts are starting and will be deep and profound. If college football is cancelled or postponed, the major revenue producing sport, the budget cuts will be beyond anything we can imagine. I would further speculate that DeVos will use this as an excuse to end title ix.
Women outnumber men on college campuses. If Title IX ends, so will college sports in time.

Women outnumber men on college campuses. If Title IX ends, so will college sports in time.
Title ix just requires equal number of scholarships. I think the result of this event and the budget cuts will be the power 5 conferences are the only ones that can afford to fund the "olympic" sports.

What makes you say that?
These colleges have millions/billions available.

What makes you say that?
These colleges have millions/billions available.
I do not think that is accurate. Some schools, Harvard, Yale, have billion dollar foundations. I think those are outliers and those funds are not earmarked for athletics. Even from the power 5 schools, the schools that get tons of money from football and bball, there are schools with issues. UCLA has a massive 20 million deficit in its athletic budget even though it is a football school with under armour sponsorship. If football doesn't play the athletic directors will need to make massive cuts and clearly are already doing so.

How would Devos end title IX?

Title ix just requires equal number of scholarships. I think the result of this event and the budget cuts will be the power 5 conferences are the only ones that can afford to fund the "olympic" sports.

If it were true that Title IX required "equal number of scholarships", then no college with a D1 football team would be in compliance.

Always some moron ready to politicize everything

didn't see you trolling every other post in here that raises an issue and personally attacking them. but way to add to the discussion, really showing intelligence and teaching us all a lesson.

Back