United Cup 2016

Looking at the Brackets for United Cup there are only 4 teams that will be challenging for the trophy AC Brea Red, LA Galaxy SD Malone, Fullerton Rangers Blue and Empire SC. I really don't think the rest of the field will compete. But that's just my take on it, I might be completely wrong!!

Looking at the Brackets for United Cup there are only 4 teams that will be challenging for the trophy AC Brea Red, LA Galaxy SD Malone, Fullerton Rangers Blue and Empire SC. I really don't think the rest of the field will compete. But that's just my take on it, I might be completely wrong!!
Hopefully we can hang, the CRL game last Saturday took two more down and left us with 11. We will see if we have enough for a long weekend.

Anyone know much about the empire team? Anyone see them play or play against them? How did they do last year ? Im not familiar with this team as i was with augies 00 team last year.

Anyone know much about the empire team? Anyone see them play or play against them? How did they do last year ? Im not familiar with this team as i was with augies 00 team last year.

Its their Gold team. Scrappy and physical team. I did recognize a few of the kids that were on Augies team last year though.

Its funny that 3 of the 4 teams you describe as the top 4 are all in Group A. If your predictions are correct that is some terrible bracketing by United for the B01 group.

I have seen Empire SC play and played against them earlier this month, they are a good team they are made up up several early year 2001 players that were on the 2000 Premier team last season. They are physical, I think they will be very competitive and will end up in the top spots in the CSL Gold bracket

Its funny that 3 of the 4 teams you describe as the top 4 are all in Group A. If your predictions are correct that is some terrible bracketing by United for the B01 group.
I didn't notice that when I posted the comment, but you are right, Horrible bracketing from the United Cup tournament director, that shows they didn't put much effort into looking at the teams to make the brackets competitive. You look at Bracket C and no disrespect to anyone but its a joke, most of those teams wouldn't make it our of pool play in a competitive tournament. The Fullerton Rangers Blue team won National Cup, AC Brea played Premier and finished in the top spots and like I mentioned before Empire SC is comprised of many of last seasons 2000 Premier team. Shame on you United Cup!! I predict by next season no older teams will attend this tournament at least I speak for our club.

I heard they put u16 2001 on a 65 yard long field. That's terrible. Maybe if they were 12 but 16?

Yes, keeper punts were dropping in the 18 yard box. No way boys of this age/level should be playing on postage size fields.
A friend of mine also said they had games started at 6:30pm without lights and they had to cancel games early. Field size was also the issue for U17. This tournament was a total joke!

I have seen Empire SC play and played against them earlier this month, they are a good team they are made up up several early year 2001 players that were on the 2000 Premier team last season. They are physical, I think they will be very competitive and will end up in the top spots in the CSL Gold bracket
Empire sitting in the middle of Gold South after 3 games.

Back