UCSD Women’s Head Coach Resigns due to NCAA violations

too bad
brian is a good due
*good dude
I agee to bad. Those 3 had a sweet deal with jobs right down the block from each other. Always seemed to pick up a lot of talented local girls at the last minute, which was a win win for everyone.

*good dude
I agee to bad. Those 3 had a sweet deal with jobs right down the block from each other. Always seemed to pick up a lot of talented local girls at the last minute, which was a win win for everyone.
thanks for the d

*too

:)

....ummm I hate to add to the rumor but since I know a student athlete that just reported to UCSD, I asked if he had heard about it.

Yes. And the story is that the real issue is there were alcohol (probably beer with pizza, I'm guessing) purchases made for players.

So make your own conclusions about it. Its a story from men's side about women's coach so who knows how truthful it is but since its out there, thought to bring it up. Not trying to make more of it. Just FYI.

....ummm I hate to add to the rumor but since I know a student athlete that just reported to UCSD, I asked if he had heard about it.

Yes. And the story is that the real issue is there were alcohol (probably beer with pizza, I'm guessing) purchases made for players.

So make your own conclusions about it. Its a story from men's side about women's coach so who knows how truthful it is but since its out there, thought to bring it up. Not trying to make more of it. Just FYI.
We live in a f-ed up world if that gets a coach canned. Been happening for_ever. Pretty sure I had a beer with him in the 80s, but can't quite recall... No info on any of the nefarious rumors.

I have heard some further information and the pizza story appears to be true. I was told if was a sophomore on the team that is unhappy with playing time that initially reported the incident. NCAA really needs to change some of their rules. Brian is a really good coach and a nice guy. Sucks this had to happen to him and the program. I heard a bunch of alumni are getting together and threatening to withhold donations. I talked to my older girl who has a degree from UCSD and she says she will join the other alumni and not make her normal donation if this wrong is not righted.

I have heard some further information and the pizza story appears to be true. I was told if was a sophomore on the team that is unhappy with playing time that initially reported the incident. NCAA really needs to change some of their rules. Brian is a really good coach and a nice guy. Sucks this had to happen to him and the program. I heard a bunch of alumni are getting together and threatening to withhold donations. I talked to my older girl who has a degree from UCSD and she says she will join the other alumni and not make her normal donation if this wrong is not righted.

Curious about the comment. If alcohol was involve, as its being implied, where he bought and provided beers say, there are minors involved, right? Not all players are 21 and over.

If this is the case (not saying that it actually happened since I only heard 2nd hand), there's a law being broken. I realize everyone has a feelings about how harmful it is or isn't, but the question is how would you feel and respond if your kid who is underage and was provided beer by his/her college head coach?

There's a lot you can read into it, including some may actually feel if turning down the offer may result in less favorable position on the team.

While I can appreciate the desire by the alumni to want him back and withhold $$$ as a mean to do, its really unclear what has really happened....Don't you think?

Curious about the comment. If alcohol was involve, as its being implied, where he bought and provided beers say, there are minors involved, right? Not all players are 21 and over.

If this is the case (not saying that it actually happened since I only heard 2nd hand), there's a law being broken. I realize everyone has a feelings about how harmful it is or isn't, but the question is how would you feel and respond if your kid who is underage and was provided beer by his/her college head coach?

There's a lot you can read into it, including some may actually feel if turning down the offer may result in less favorable position on the team.

While I can appreciate the desire by the alumni to want him back and withhold $$$ as a mean to do, its really unclear what has really happened....Don't you think?

Well I guess I should have said more since I assumed people would be smart enough to understand that only players 21 and over may have drank alcohol.

Not knowing anything about the situation other than the article here and the comments, I would guess that the Coach provided cash for pizza to some of the girls, and that might have turned into beer money, purchased by players over 21, and consumed by the rest of the team. I doubt the coach was actually ordering the pizza and beer for the team.

And Ohio State suspends Urban Meyer 3 games. Yep, seems fair. :confused:

Maybe a suspension for the San Diego coach. But not out of a job.

And Ohio State suspends Urban Meyer 3 games. Yep, seems fair. :confused:

Maybe a suspension for the San Diego coach. But not out of a job.
I agree with the last sentence, but I don't think Meyer violated (or even was alleged to have) violated any NCAA rules. His suspension is because he didn't tell school people that his coach may have been doing bad things that had nothing to do with school or football.

Back