U16 Pilot team is now U16 DA

HaveFun

BRONZE
Just heard that USSDA will be sanctioning the U16 pilot teams in the southwest. They will now be called U16 DA and play in all 3 showcases.

Anyone else get this news at their club?

Until I officially see Southwest - U16 on the DA website under: "See schedule by age", I'll believe it.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=ODA3NDE1Ng==&partialGames=0
My understanding is DA this year is not going to list standings/schedule for the U16 DA on the site. Why? not sure.

But as others have said...it seems to be a done deal.

As a side note. I had been wondering why US Soccer earlier recognized the pilot program in TX/OK as DA and not the version in So Cal/AZ. I guess I don't have to wonder any more.

My understanding is DA this year is not going to list standings/schedule for the U16 DA on the site. Why? not sure.

But as others have said...it seems to be a done deal.

As a side note. I had been wondering why US Soccer earlier recognized the pilot program in TX/OK as DA and not the version in So Cal/AZ. I guess I don't have to wonder any more.

The invisible pilot? Something doesn't sound right in this situation?

Never known any real da teams not to be listed on the schedule or have a roster that is not posted or visable. No standing yes but no schedule or roster no never seen this.

The single age band u16 is a good thing for da IMO but until there is a official reference, press release or annocement on http://www.ussoccerda.com/ to confirm it's just rumors.

Never known any real da teams not to be listed on the schedule or have a roster that is not posted or visable. No standing yes but no schedule or roster no never seen this.

The single age band u16 is a good thing for da IMO but until there is a official reference, press release or annocement on http://www.ussoccerda.com/ to confirm it's just rumors.

My DD’s club just requested a waiver and other information needed to register the Pilot players for Development Academy.......it’s official!

My DD’s club just requested a waiver and other information needed to register the Pilot players for Development Academy.......it’s official!

Which age group? There is u15, u16/17 u18/19 but no single age group u16 on the Aug 1st waiver.

What player status? Full or Part Time?

The official rules and regulations have no mention of a single year age group u16 or any reference to a pilot:
https://ussoccer.box.com/s/162xhf3ec20v8lg5ofmj80dz485kmnq3

U16 in SW is now DA. I talked to the coach who has the team and I have also talked with the person in charge of the DA program at the club. It is official

I thought that this tweet by Todd Beane was appropriate for this thread.

·
8h
Let’s be honest: The US youth system incentivizes short term wins & stats to market to parents, prejudices the development of smaller players & late maturers, and burdens coaches with the pressure to win at all cost. None of this honors healthy development of our children. #TOVO

I thought that this tweet by Todd Beane was appropriate for this thread.

·
8h
Let’s be honest: The US youth system incentivizes short term wins & stats to market to parents, prejudices the development of smaller players & late maturers, and burdens coaches with the pressure to win at all cost. None of this honors healthy development of our children. #TOVO
The same incentives to win are there for all US youth sports but the US still manages to produce much of the worlds best talent in basketball and baseball and other sports.

Why can’t US youth soccer system produce similarly? Competition is not the problem.

The same incentives to win are there for all US youth sports but the US still manages to produce much of the worlds best talent in basketball and baseball and other sports.

Why can’t US youth soccer system produce similarly? Competition is not the problem.

Education is the problem. In the US we care about education and kids stay in school through the age of 18. The rest of the world doesn’t care. They sign kids to pro contacts at 16 and crank up thier competition. It doesn’t matter that most fail and have little education. The few gems become soccer superstar at the time our kids are thinking about prom and what college they want to go to.

Also our kids don’t have anywhere near the same level of competition at the age of 16 so they need to go to Europe. But Europe makes this hard with their rules that require Americans under 18 to get European citizenship first.

Football and basketball are much more reliant upon unique physical gifts than soccer. Also we have the best football and basketball coaches in the world as they are the big sports in our culture. If our society was invested in soccer at a similar level and it was the first choice sport among our most gifted athletes we would definitely do better.

Regarding the incentives being the same I disagree. In the US the big 4 sports have much clearer paths to professional careers and much more community support. Soccer is a country club sport in the US at the highest levels. Christian Pullisic is amazing but he’s nowhere near a Lebron or a Khalil Mack....

Back