U-14 GNT Roster

Map, I know about you and I know your daughter is at UCLA. I see all this UCLA connection, just because her mother went there does make her a champion. Go Blue!!!!!! The only real blue Michigan. I'm playing. Your post is true, she comes from GREAT people. Love that young lady, want nothing but the best for her and hopefully she will be at U of M.

I'm hoping mom's connection wins out... Either school is a great place to matriculate to. Although my last memories of the big house weren't so fond. Although at least Tom Brady was on the bench then. They did have these two guys name Brian Griese and Charles Woodson though...

I'm hoping mom's connection wins out... Either school is a great place to matriculate to. Although my last memories of the big house weren't so fond. Although at least Tom Brady was on the bench then. They did have these two guys name Brian Griese and Charles Woodson though...
You're right both great schools for education, but you guys win out on soccer all day. Her mother has been planting "SEEDS" her whole life.

U.S. U14 GNT Sept. Camp Notes
Article Written by J.R. Eskilson
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/us-u14-gnt-sept-camp-notes_aid42655

CARSON, California - U.S. Soccer coaches had an early look at the next generation of players this week at the StubHub Center in Southern California. The U.S. U14 Girls National Team was in camp for the first time. This age group consists of players born in 2004 and 2005.

As U.S. Soccer coach April Kater pointed out after an intrasquad scrimmage on Wednesday, this is the youngest group that U.S. Soccer has assembled for a Youth National Team camp. There were some 11-year-olds on the field on Wednesday.

The purpose of these events is to get the elite player in the U.S. Soccer system used to the style and standards the National Team coaches have for the best of the best in these age groups.

If Wednesday’s practice was any indication of things to come, there is a reason to be very optimistic about this group. The sophistication of the play during a 60-minute game was impressive for a young collection of players. There were moments of individual brilliance, which is to be expected in a scenario that is roughly on level with an all-star game, but there was also spells of possession that were unexpected for a group who had only practiced a few times together.

“I thought both teams had good possession sequences,” Kater told TopDrawerSoccer after the game. “Hopefully, the fans saw that we value players who are technical, players who are comfortable on the ball, and players who are dynamic and can create.”

Kater and her coaching staff still have a few more days with this group and she is planning to make the most of her time with the players.

“We want to keep stressing technique, and valuing possession of the ball,” Kater said about her plans for the rest of camp. “I think we are going to get after it a little bit more with grit and competition. We are going to keep scores so we are elevating the effort. A lot of these players are the best players on their club teams, the best players in their regions so they are on the ball a lot, but their work rate and decision-making off the ball is not as dynamic or as intense as it needs to be so that is something we need to address. Even though defending is not a topic in this camp, that transition, fight, and grit, which is such a part of this American culture, is something we want to see more from this group.”

Kater’s emphasis on transition and fight came on the heels of an intrasquad scrimmage on Wednesday afternoon, which had every player get some playing time in front of the coaches. TopDrawerSoccer was on hand for the game, and highlights some of the best players from the day below.

GK Teagan Wy, West Coast FC - She really did not have much to do on the day as she was well protected by a fantastic back four, but she made a couple of good saves when called upon. Her best moments were with her feet as she distributed the ball well and connected accurate passes consistently.

D Meka Doyle, San Jose Earthquakes - Doyle was arguably the player of the game. She is a brilliant 1v1 defender when called upon against the center forward. Doyle’s other best attribute was how she looked like she was always playing under control.

D/F Alyssa Thompson, Real So Cal - Thompson was good on the ball as a winger in the first half. She helped create chances in the attacking third with a couple of slip passes and other elusive moves. In the second half, she was a star at right back with tough defense along with charging runs into the attack. She exploited space in the center of the field and along the wings. She was tough to contain and made the most of every touch of the ball.

D Evelyn Shores, Tophat SC - Shores was the left back for much of the game for the Blue squad during the intrasquad scrimmage. Despite playing with a hand cast, Shores did not miss a beat. She was rarely out of position and made a few impressive interceptions on diagonal penetrating passes. She was equally as adept with the ball at her feet as she rarely made a bad decision while in possession.

D/M Emma Stransky, Internationals - Stransky was the center back with one team at the start of the game, and then moved to defensive midfielder for the other team in the second half. She had the attributes to look capable in both positions. She was smooth on the ball and read the game well.

M/D Maggie Taitano, San Diego Surf - Taitano also played as both a defensive midfielder and a center back during the game. She looked good in both, but probably better as a center back. She was excellent at using her body to shield off players and knocking them off the ball. She looks to have a bright future.

M Mikayla Abrenica, Legends FC - Abrenica was like a hummingbird buzzing around the center of the field in search of the ball. She was one of the smallest players on the field, but she was also one of the best. She is a player cut from the cloth of a midfielder who can create from the center of the field with either a pass or a dribble. Her quick change of direction while in possession of the ball made her a handful to mark in the game.

F Maggie Cagle, SC Del Sol - Cagle was a standout for the diversity to her game. She was not pigeon-holed into just one attribute or just falling back on one skill. She was trying to showcase a well-balanced game to help her teammates. She created chances with passes and tried her luck against some terrific defenders with her skill on the ball. She was also a good defender and helped set a high-line of pressure. Remarkably, she also appeared to be the best player in aerial duels as well.

M Molly Martin, FC Stars - Martin had good accuracy on her passing over the field on Wednesday. She sprayed balls to nearly everyone on her team and hit them consistently and accurately.

F Bridgetter Marin-Valencia, PSV Union - Marin-Valencia was a threat in the first half as the center forward for the red team. She battled against two very good defenders and was unlucky not to find more success as she had a shot blocked and a couple knocked away with brilliant tackles.

F Lumi Kostmayer, Oakwood SC - Kostmayer was a class above her peers on Wednesday. She ended the afternoon with three goals and all three were expertly taken. She finished with defenders on her back, and she struck when she dropped back to receive the ball and faced the goal.

M Georgia Leb, Solar Chelsea SC - Leb was one of the midfielders that had a really good game on Wednesday by keeping things simple and working hard off the ball. She did a good job keeping the ball moving from side to side and looking for gaps in the defense to attack.

M Jill Flammia, Richmond United - Flammia completed the terrific midfield trio of the Blue Team with Leb and Abrencia. They had a knack for playing with each other and did an excellent job of keeping the triangle in the center of the field balanced. Flammia did not lose the ball during the first half of the game as she made smart passes consistently.

U.S. U14 GNT Sept. Camp Notes
Article Written by J.R. Eskilson
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/us-u14-gnt-sept-camp-notes_aid42655

CARSON, California - U.S. Soccer coaches had an early look at the next generation of players this week at the StubHub Center in Southern California. The U.S. U14 Girls National Team was in camp for the first time. This age group consists of players born in 2004 and 2005.

As U.S. Soccer coach April Kater pointed out after an intrasquad scrimmage on Wednesday, this is the youngest group that U.S. Soccer has assembled for a Youth National Team camp. There were some 11-year-olds on the field on Wednesday.

The purpose of these events is to get the elite player in the U.S. Soccer system used to the style and standards the National Team coaches have for the best of the best in these age groups.

If Wednesday’s practice was any indication of things to come, there is a reason to be very optimistic about this group. The sophistication of the play during a 60-minute game was impressive for a young collection of players. There were moments of individual brilliance, which is to be expected in a scenario that is roughly on level with an all-star game, but there was also spells of possession that were unexpected for a group who had only practiced a few times together.

“I thought both teams had good possession sequences,” Kater told TopDrawerSoccer after the game. “Hopefully, the fans saw that we value players who are technical, players who are comfortable on the ball, and players who are dynamic and can create.”

Kater and her coaching staff still have a few more days with this group and she is planning to make the most of her time with the players.

“We want to keep stressing technique, and valuing possession of the ball,” Kater said about her plans for the rest of camp. “I think we are going to get after it a little bit more with grit and competition. We are going to keep scores so we are elevating the effort. A lot of these players are the best players on their club teams, the best players in their regions so they are on the ball a lot, but their work rate and decision-making off the ball is not as dynamic or as intense as it needs to be so that is something we need to address. Even though defending is not a topic in this camp, that transition, fight, and grit, which is such a part of this American culture, is something we want to see more from this group.”

Kater’s emphasis on transition and fight came on the heels of an intrasquad scrimmage on Wednesday afternoon, which had every player get some playing time in front of the coaches. TopDrawerSoccer was on hand for the game, and highlights some of the best players from the day below.

GK Teagan Wy, West Coast FC - She really did not have much to do on the day as she was well protected by a fantastic back four, but she made a couple of good saves when called upon. Her best moments were with her feet as she distributed the ball well and connected accurate passes consistently.

D Meka Doyle, San Jose Earthquakes - Doyle was arguably the player of the game. She is a brilliant 1v1 defender when called upon against the center forward. Doyle’s other best attribute was how she looked like she was always playing under control.

D/F Alyssa Thompson, Real So Cal - Thompson was good on the ball as a winger in the first half. She helped create chances in the attacking third with a couple of slip passes and other elusive moves. In the second half, she was a star at right back with tough defense along with charging runs into the attack. She exploited space in the center of the field and along the wings. She was tough to contain and made the most of every touch of the ball.

D Evelyn Shores, Tophat SC - Shores was the left back for much of the game for the Blue squad during the intrasquad scrimmage. Despite playing with a hand cast, Shores did not miss a beat. She was rarely out of position and made a few impressive interceptions on diagonal penetrating passes. She was equally as adept with the ball at her feet as she rarely made a bad decision while in possession.

D/M Emma Stransky, Internationals - Stransky was the center back with one team at the start of the game, and then moved to defensive midfielder for the other team in the second half. She had the attributes to look capable in both positions. She was smooth on the ball and read the game well.

M/D Maggie Taitano, San Diego Surf - Taitano also played as both a defensive midfielder and a center back during the game. She looked good in both, but probably better as a center back. She was excellent at using her body to shield off players and knocking them off the ball. She looks to have a bright future.

M Mikayla Abrenica, Legends FC - Abrenica was like a hummingbird buzzing around the center of the field in search of the ball. She was one of the smallest players on the field, but she was also one of the best. She is a player cut from the cloth of a midfielder who can create from the center of the field with either a pass or a dribble. Her quick change of direction while in possession of the ball made her a handful to mark in the game.

F Maggie Cagle, SC Del Sol - Cagle was a standout for the diversity to her game. She was not pigeon-holed into just one attribute or just falling back on one skill. She was trying to showcase a well-balanced game to help her teammates. She created chances with passes and tried her luck against some terrific defenders with her skill on the ball. She was also a good defender and helped set a high-line of pressure. Remarkably, she also appeared to be the best player in aerial duels as well.

M Molly Martin, FC Stars - Martin had good accuracy on her passing over the field on Wednesday. She sprayed balls to nearly everyone on her team and hit them consistently and accurately.

F Bridgetter Marin-Valencia, PSV Union - Marin-Valencia was a threat in the first half as the center forward for the red team. She battled against two very good defenders and was unlucky not to find more success as she had a shot blocked and a couple knocked away with brilliant tackles.

F Lumi Kostmayer, Oakwood SC - Kostmayer was a class above her peers on Wednesday. She ended the afternoon with three goals and all three were expertly taken. She finished with defenders on her back, and she struck when she dropped back to receive the ball and faced the goal.

M Georgia Leb, Solar Chelsea SC - Leb was one of the midfielders that had a really good game on Wednesday by keeping things simple and working hard off the ball. She did a good job keeping the ball moving from side to side and looking for gaps in the defense to attack.

M Jill Flammia, Richmond United - Flammia completed the terrific midfield trio of the Blue Team with Leb and Abrencia. They had a knack for playing with each other and did an excellent job of keeping the triangle in the center of the field balanced. Flammia did not lose the ball during the first half of the game as she made smart passes consistently.

Low work rate? SMH

Gotta ask. When you played who did you think was the best QB in college? CW was on of the best DB’s ever. I also just noticed you posted this September.:D I’m a bit late to the party.

Last edited:
Gotta ask. When you played who did you think was the best QB in college? CW was on of the best DB’s ever. I also just noticed you posted this September.:D I’m a bit late to the party.

Peyton Manning and Tommy Frazier are tied IMHO. Different styles of quarterback both in full command of their teams.

My honorable mention goes to Todd Helton. Believe it or not he started over Peyton his freshman year. He was the #1 MLB prospect though and apparently made a great choice.

Peyton Manning and Tommy Frazier are tied IMHO. Different styles of quarterback both in full command of their teams.

My honorable mention goes to Todd Helton. Believe it or not he started over Peyton his freshman year. He was the #1 MLB prospect though and apparently made a great choice.
Loved PM. Probably my favorite QB in last 20. Tommy Frazier was a monster coming out of the backfield. Did not know that about Helton.

Cade Mcnown or Troy Aikman?

Very cool..hope all from last time got invited back.
Some of the ones I know about will be there for the first time, which means that some of the girls from last time did not get invited back for this next session.

Don't they usually post this list somewhere?

Yes once it is finalized. The invitees who have accepted know a week to a month before the official roster is released. The girls get a bunch of US Soccer swag sent to them that they can't wear until they are traveling to camp and they aren't supposed to tell anyone outside of their coaches (parents of course being the exception).

Some of the ones I know about will be there for the first time, which means that some of the girls from last time did not get invited back for this next session.

my wildcard guess the new one will be from the Pats or SD Surf.

I believe more girls will be attending this camp. The last time it was 24 players. It could be 36 or 48 this time. Looking forward to seeing the list. I'm sure we will see many of the same girls plus some new additions.

Back