U-14 GNT Roster

I just read the u16 ynt is spending almost a month (?) in Germany. That's more than a week off school. A week off for one camp ok, but I have heard it becomes a bigger commitment if you continue to be asked back.

The 16s are gone from Sept 6-15th...it's like 1 and 1/2 weeks off school.
Domestic camps are typically 1 week...international are 1.5 to 2 weeks.

It does become much bigger time commitment if your DD is in the pool for roster spot for a U17 WC or U20 WC...then you do really need to consider the school part. Quite a few of the girls do a combo an online/alternative school and/or HS-- if the HS is really supportive, they make it work, but all HS are different.

I enjoy this discussion. I do know of one player who received call ups from my daughters school who in fact did not go at 15/16 due to school. I didn't know that the list comes out well in advance and they declined, then another person was "added" to replace her. It happened and in her case it was for academic related issues and college planning (don't want to be specific but it was absolutely imperative)
She's currently playing on the team she wanted to and doing well.

The 16s are gone from Sept 6-15th...it's like 1 and 1/2 weeks off school.
Domestic camps are typically 1 week...international are 1.5 to 2 weeks.

It does become much bigger time commitment if your DD is in the pool for roster spot for a U17 WC or U20 WC...then you do really need to consider the school part. Quite a few of the girls do a combo an online/alternative school and/or HS-- if the HS is really supportive, they make it work, but all HS are different.

Several on the 14 list are homeschooled and are focused solely on soccer with no other sports. This trend already exists in our area. We have specific schools as well for athletes and online programs. I don't participate but through my sons was exposed to this years ago .

Several on the 14 list are homeschooled and are focused solely on soccer with no other sports. This trend already exists in our area. We have specific schools as well for athletes and online programs. I don't participate but through my sons was exposed to this years ago .

That is a little over the top IMHO.

Time will tell if this little social experiment works. Seems to me that our best athletes playing today came through the traditional way...
Club and High School Teams
Not implying that the H.S. teams improved their game, just didn't hurt it the way some think that it would have. One could argue that H.S. ball helped them develop in other ways.

While my mind is on this thought. Didn't all the USMNT players play H.S. ball? And all the players to come along since the DA started 10 years ago are still trying to get on the team. Does the H.S. social environment offer something that DA can't?

Congrats. Teagan that 04 goalie is no joke. She's the best I've ever seen at that age. Even when she plays up on 02 teams, she stands out. Incredible athleticism. Glad she made the roster.
Would be nice to see the breakdown of ECNL/Academy/Others on this team just to see where players fall. Teagan I know is on the WC academy and I assume the legends girls came from academy as well.
She certainly proved her worthiness today! She has amazing command and presence back there. Really fun to watch. I would agree that she is the best I have seen at this age group.

I have, but it has been a couple years. She is also fantastic. She made a save against the Cbad team that I still remember at Surf Thanksgiving. I'm sure she has become even better. I met her family that day (@Miltons) and let them know how special I thought she was.
My DD's have played with her since they were 4 years old. She has won games and tournaments for us by herself. She is a difference maker. One of the reasons Heat FC 04's is one of top teams in nation. I remember that save, she was younger and a little shorter and had her arm over crossbar to save us. She is almost 6 foot now and just turned 13. Thanks for comment even tho I'm not her parent, but I think of her as mine. USA Soccer has some talented girls coming up through the ranks

My DD's have played with her since they were 4 years old. She has won games and tournaments for us by herself. She is a difference maker. One of the reasons Heat FC 04's is one of top teams in nation. I remember that save, she was younger and a little shorter and had her arm over crossbar to save us. She is almost 6 foot now and just turned 13. Thanks for comment even tho I'm not her parent, but I think of her as mine. USA Soccer has some talented girls coming up through the ranks

She is a thoroughbred. Her mom was a champion. The apple usually doesn't fall that far from the tree. Definitely not in this case. Expect great things from this one.

She is a thoroughbred. Her mom was a champion. The apple usually doesn't fall that far from the tree. Definitely not in this case. Expect great things from this one.
Map, I know about you and I know your daughter is at UCLA. I see all this UCLA connection, just because her mother went there does make her a champion. Go Blue!!!!!! The only real blue Michigan. I'm playing. Your post is true, she comes from GREAT people. Love that young lady, want nothing but the best for her and hopefully she will be at U of M.

Back