U-12 junior soccer world challenge

I guess I am confused why you are so upset unless you are a parent of one of those players. It probably isn't the best thing for their team in the long run, but that is why you have the choice to not have your kid on that team. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be proud of what they accomplished.

Pats won anyway, and if you haven't noticed most of the people posting don't have a player on either team in the final.

I guess I am confused why you are so upset unless you are a parent of one of those players. It probably isn't the best thing for their team in the long run, but that is why you have the choice to not have your kid on that team. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be proud of what they accomplished.

Pats won anyway, and if you haven't noticed most of the people posting don't have a player on either team in the final.

Crazy how close in skill all these teams are. Pats YL didn't even make semis at the Albion Cup the previous weekend.

What a great tourney this was and this is going to be a fun season. No need for bad blood, we're all living vicarously through our boys.

Well said WEZ! At this age all kids should be proud at the level of play! Before we know it they will be on Jr high or middle school and really may not care soon about soccer or us! We all should step back and enjoy their accomplishments....Lets be proud parents and praise all the teams...I really don't care if they are guest players or not, they beat good teams and should be praised...

Reactions: Wez
Congrats to Pats, I'm quite happy to see them take it, just to put all this exclusive academy madness in perspective (academy age groups have gone too young -- just my opinion).

Using guests in place of a teams regular players in order to win big tourneys at this age level is for the glory of the adults involved. It was an adult that wanted to go to Japan so bad that they are willing to hurt your 12 year old child by using a guest in place of him (something a child will remember for life).
In the end, even after making your child feel like crap, the guests didn't win the trip (or trophy) that the adult wanted so very much to have. Now what? I would bet the adult will probably avoid looking at the eyes of the guested-for players parents for at least a week

I've seen this happen many times over the past 10 years. Unfortunately, it will be repeated.
Some adults just have to ruin everything.

I know this horse is dead, but I'll throw it out there. I heard that Pats YL had some Jamaican players last wknd. I saw them play Strikers at Albion Cup and there weren't any there that I recall. Not that I care much, I expect teams to load up for tourneys like this, but I don't think Surf is the only one that brought guests, but they're making all the headlines.

Crazy how close in skill all these teams are. Pats YL didn't even make semis at the Albion Cup the previous weekend.

What a great tourney this was and this is going to be a fun season. No need for bad blood, we're all living vicarously through our boys.
I agree. My son was in the Surf/ LAFC semi final. What a fantastic well played game. Hats off to both organizations.
So happy he was there to experience it!

I agree. My son was in the Surf/ LAFC semi final. What a fantastic well played game. Hats off to both organizations.
So happy he was there to experience it!
I heard Surf just won Surf Cup destroying everyone.My friend told me they smacked Albion 4 to 1 in final and it could have been more.Scary as they were missing 2 of their new forwards.Watch out for this group!!

I heard Surf just won Surf Cup destroying everyone.My friend told me they smacked Albion 4 to 1 in final and it could have been more.Scary as they were missing 2 of their new forwards.Watch out for this group!!

It's great to have such a strong group of boys in this age group, on many different teams. It would suck if the MLS DAs were stomping everyone. I look forward to playing Surf and having them raise the bar on US development.

Back