U-12 junior soccer world challenge

I heard Surf is taking 5 borrowed players to the U12 world soccer challenge (2 from CVFC and 3 from Xolos from tj ) how true is this rumor ?
I heard the same thing. Puts Surf on the list of two teams I would really like to watch at this tournament. LAFC is first since I never got to see them play in the 04 DA last year (I did get to see LAGSD and Arsenal) and Surf because it looks like they put together a super-team for a one time outing that we wont see during the DA season.

You just said out of 4 games LAFC had 2 wins and 2 ties vs. TFA, how are TFA players better? 5 TFA players tried out and only 1 is either in or trying out still.
I have been at LAFC tryouts/preseason Bell Gardens all week this week. Many TFA 04s in the mix, fewer 05s. Two 05s signed, another still attending, on the fence.
Where are you getting your info?

IDK if making a 1 time wonder team with the addition of non Surf players is a good move for a club. What does that say about Surf developing quality soccer players. I'd be 1 ticked off Surf parent if my kid was left out of WC tourney to have guest players take his spot.
My experience is most Surf parents know the deal. At least by this age. This 05 team has a lot of starters that haven't been at Surf for more than a year. Just off the top of my head:
Center back - New last year from West Coast
D Mid - New this year from LAFC
Central Mid - New this year from Albion
Attacking Mid - New last year from Express
Striker - New this year from Albion
New players taking spots from existing players is just the way it is. There is still time to sign players for the DA. These are probably not guests, it is probably a tryout.

I have been at LAFC tryouts/preseason Bell Gardens all week this week. Many TFA 04s in the mix, fewer 05s. Two 05s signed, another still attending, on the fence.
Where are you getting your info?
My experience is most Surf parents know the deal. At least by this age. This 05 team has a lot of starters that haven't been at Surf for more than a year. Just off the top of my head:
New players taking spots from existing players is just the way it is. There is still time to sign players for the DA. These are probably not guests, it is probably a tryout.

Could be for 2 CVSC players, but I don't see why Xolos players committing to Surf being players are already on a Professional Soccer Team Youth Academy, and have access to many more options at Xolos than they would at Surf... Sucks for kids on Surf who thought they made DA, and may be dropped to lower tier team if NEW players decide to join Surf DA.

Or, they're bringing in the big guns to win a free 22 day trip to Japan. The existing players would be stoked with that ..

Great weekend, was awesome to have so many good teams in one place. Good luck to the final four and very good luck to whoever goes to Japan to represent us!

Great weekend, was awesome to have so many good teams in one place. Good luck to the final four and very good luck to whoever goes to Japan to represent us!

Very good weekend of soccer. Shocked that LAUFA took out Strikers. And props to Pats YL. Should be good semifinals and final.

Very good weekend of soccer. Shocked that LAUFA took out Strikers. And props to Pats YL. Should be good semifinals and final.

Good luck to all the teams tomorrow.

We your team doesn't give up goals their hard to beat. We might be the smallest club in this one but we have the player and coach who has the hometown kids (no guests) having fun and playing well the correct way.

Hey Wez, I haven't t had the chance to meet you in person, but I you problably know me. (I am the guy behind the camera)
Yesterday game was really good (vs LAUFA), I respect all teams in general, but strikers has a special respect (few players that I know play for strikers )
Intensive, quality, and clean game. I really enjoyed the game regardless the outcome.
I hope we can chat in person one day.
Cheers

Hey Wez, I haven't t had the chance to meet you in person, but I you problably know me. (I am the guy behind the camera)
Yesterday game was really good (vs LAUFA), I respect all teams in general, but strikers has a special respect (few players that I know play for strikers )
Intensive, quality, and clean game. I really enjoyed the game regardless the outcome.
I hope we can chat in person one day.
Cheers

I look forward to it.

Back