Two places at once?

Apparently FRAM’s Technical Director also works on the East Coast. This definitely puts an end to any speculation regarding FRAM becoming an ECNL club.

upload_2019-10-15_20-16-26.jpeg
upload_2019-10-15_20-16-36.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-15_20-13-29.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-15_20-13-29.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 9
  • upload_2019-10-15_20-13-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-15_20-13-47.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 7
Curt is not the Technical Director anymore. He is just advising. Mizzy took over as the Technical Director.

Advising can mean a lot of things.
1. Looking at bank accounts.
2. Watching video and giving feedback
3. Putting your name and resume on a website and showing up 2x per year to impress parents.
4. Responding to texts a few times a week when coaches complain about parents.

It’s just rumors, but apparently coaches were telling teams they might get ECNL due to their affiliation with Curt Onalfo. My assumption is leaving Curts name up as “Technical Director” is intentionally deceptive. Especially since this change apparently happened months ago.

It’s just rumors, but apparently coaches were telling teams they might get ECNL due to their affiliation with Curt Onalfo. My assumption is leaving Curts name up as “Technical Director” is intentionally deceptive. Especially since this change apparently happened months ago.
upload_2019-10-18_7-38-11.jpeg

images

I can see the appeal of getting ECNL on the girl's side for any club not just FRAM. However, for the boys side, I still don't see the big appeal. There seems to be the same top teams through the age groups - the two clubs in AZ and Beach. Most games appear to be blowouts so I wonder how is this making the kids on these teams better? I think it would not be challenging and boring to beat lesser teams week after week by 4 or more goals. Not to mention all the money for travel--maybe the events and/or showcases make it worth it for recruitment but there are plenty of reputable showcases that are attended by top colleges that are open to all clubs. Las Vegas is one that is always well attended.

Back