Tustin Sports Complex???

Its rather odd that LAFC would put their youth development and HQ in Tustin, and not next to (inside) the new stadium in LA.

Perhaps there is a second leg to their ambition - OCFC or something thereof...

No more odd than LA Galaxy San Diego being a youth club now.
OC has lots of soccer fans and players. If LAFC can tap into that market and drive attendance, maybe they can do what Chivas couldn't (i.e.- survive in LA alongside the Galaxy).

Its rather odd that LAFC would put their youth development and HQ in Tustin, and not next to (inside) the new stadium in LA.

Perhaps there is a second leg to their ambition - OCFC or something thereof...

The Tustin site would be a bunch cheaper place for this vs alternatives

85 acres in urban LA would be hard to come by even if you have the $.

The proposed but rejected NFL site in Carson (Raiders and Changers) is 150+ arces and could work but would cost a lot more than Tustin I would assume.
http://la.curbed.com/2016/1/14/10846650/carson-nfl-stadium-site-development

No more odd than LA Galaxy San Diego being a youth club now.
OC has lots of soccer fans and players. If LAFC can tap into that market and drive attendance, maybe they can do what Chivas couldn't (i.e.- survive in LA alongside the Galaxy).

Don't confuse affiliated clubs like LAG Bakersfield, San Diego and so on with their teams. The article says Tustin is being considered for their training facility (LAFC's). It would be like if LAG were to train at San Diego as their primary site - which makes no sense.

As for being able to do what Chivas could not - probably true.

The Tustin site would be a bunch cheaper place for this vs alternatives

85 acres in urban LA would be hard to come by even if you have the $.

The proposed but rejected NFL site in Carson (Raiders and Changers) is 150+ arces and could work but would cost a lot more than Tustin I would assume.
http://la.curbed.com/2016/1/14/10846650/carson-nfl-stadium-site-development

Agree. But the distance between the two makes it undesirable, on its own merit. All I'm saying is that they are probably thinking beyond just the LAFC's initial use.

Isn't Porsche driving experience track going in Carson where the proposed stadium site was??

Back