Turning Pro at 13

Links of her playing in the U15 YNT game has been posted on this thread a few pages back - having great technical skills on an empty field with cones is not the same as being effective in a high pressure game-

White boys can identify if they want. People like you choose ignorance because it’s to your benefit. I’m asking you to acknowledge the problem and be a patriot and fight for equality and turn our great nation into a meritocracy.
I think you and others are upset about the “kneeling” because it forces you and others to see what you don’t want to see.
Oh yeah, since you don’t agree with kneeling, I’m all ears if you have a better solution. I’m a veteran and I feel proud every time I see a young athlete kneel because it gives me hope that more privileged white males like you will understand and take action so that my kids and grandchildren aren’t subjected to the same bigotry that I was.
So, if you don’t like the kneeling, get off your ass and fight for equality and miss me with that lame ass game about what a white boy can’t understand.

I've read your posts and agree with most of what you wrote, but I have two questions for you. 1. In 2019, what is the African-American community doing to squash the reality that hip hop and rap music glorify a thug culture? Because as I try to 'educate' myself on what it's like to live in your world in 2019, and not 1919, I find it a bit hypocritical that drugs, cash, strippers and guns are omnipresent in every single video and song. 2. In 2019, why does the African-American community continue to support black criminals that were shot and killed by police when A) They were criminals their entire lives and B) They refused to comply with police and died because of it. I also find it hypocritical that a kneeling Colin Kaepernick, having grown up in a moderately affluent, white household in a very diverse community, and a star athlete before his teen years, did nothing to support the black community or use his voice against racism, until he was benched. As he was on the Super Bowl podium, when his voice was the loudest, I saw him kiss his biceps. When he lost his job, he became a victim. And I found nothing indicating he did anything for anybody, but himself, prior to getting benched. I hope I'm wrong... I'd like to think his cause is sincere, but I don't see it. So when African-American people and BLM kneel for people like Alton Sterling, Terence Crutcher, Eric Garner, etc, all of whom were career criminals that refused to comply with police, rather than go to jail, I think the "privilege" of being treated like a human being disappears (as a message) to people that you want or need to hear it. Personally, I think these three things have done more to set back true victims than anything positive that would facilitate change.

Curious to know what your thoughts are on this.

I've read your posts and agree with most of what you wrote, but I have two questions for you. 1. In 2019, what is the African-American community doing to squash the reality that hip hop and rap music glorify a thug culture? Because as I try to 'educate' myself on what it's like to live in your world in 2019, and not 1919, I find it a bit hypocritical that drugs, cash, strippers and guns are omnipresent in every single video and song. 2. In 2019, why does the African-American community continue to support black criminals that were shot and killed by police when A) They were criminals their entire lives and B) They refused to comply with police and died because of it. I also find it hypocritical that a kneeling Colin Kaepernick, having grown up in a moderately affluent, white household in a very diverse community, and a star athlete before his teen years, did nothing to support the black community or use his voice against racism, until he was benched. As he was on the Super Bowl podium, when his voice was the loudest, I saw him kiss his biceps. When he lost his job, he became a victim. And I found nothing indicating he did anything for anybody, but himself, prior to getting benched. I hope I'm wrong... I'd like to think his cause is sincere, but I don't see it. So when African-American people and BLM kneel for people like Alton Sterling, Terence Crutcher, Eric Garner, etc, all of whom were career criminals that refused to comply with police, rather than go to jail, I think the "privilege" of being treated like a human being disappears (as a message) to people that you want or need to hear it. Personally, I think these three things have done more to set back true victims than anything positive that would facilitate change.

Is this from the Onion?

So, I am confused. Did all of those females athletes turn pro also? Are they all getting that 6 figure contract? There sure are a lot of youth athletes in that commercial.

Or are they just actors other than the athletes who are identifiable?

So people deserve to die for selling cigarettes on the corner? Maybe kids should be beat to death for having a lemonade stand too. This post is disgusting and reeks of ignorance. Have you really watched a rap video recently? I don’t see the drug culture that you are referring to.

Sickening is all that I can say. Membership sure has it’s privileges...

So people deserve to die for selling cigarettes on the corner? Maybe kids should be beat to death for having a lemonade stand too. This post is disgusting and reeks of ignorance. Have you really watched a rap video recently? I don’t see the drug culture that you are referring to.

Sickening is all that I can say. Membership sure has it’s privileges...

No, they shouldn't die. They should comply with police, be arrested when caught breaking the law, and be treated in a civil manner. Seems to me that would go a long way in weeding out dirty cops as we know they exist. I guess asking people to stop selling illegal cigarettes, when you've been arrested for things like grand larceny, assault, resisting arrest, false impersonation, weed and driving without a license, over 30 times, you might try going legit at some point. Or maybe, if you're severely overweight and suffering from a serious medical condition your daughter also died from years later, you shouldn't keep pushing cop's hands away and force a physical altercation.

Yes... MAP... I have have seen recent videos. Smoking weed, flashing cash and pointing guns at the camera, etc. Are we going to deny RAP and hip hop don't glorify that lifestyle?

No, they shouldn't die. They should comply with police, be arrested when caught breaking the law, and be treated in a civil manner. Seems to me that would go a long way in weeding out dirty cops as we know they exist. I guess asking people to stop selling illegal cigarettes, when you've been arrested for things like grand larceny, assault, resisting arrest, false impersonation, weed and driving without a license, over 30 times, you might try going legit at some point. Or maybe, if you're severely overweight and suffering from a serious medical condition your daughter also died from years later, you shouldn't keep pushing cop's hands away and force a physical altercation.

Yes... MAP... I have have seen recent videos. Smoking weed, flashing cash and pointing guns at the camera, etc. Are we going to deny RAP and hip hop don't glorify that lifestyle?

Which of those crimes deserves a death sentence?

What’s good outlaw? First, I want to be clear that I don’t speak for the entire African American community. I also want to be clear the things I mentioned in my earlier post did not happen in 1919–I’m only 42 years old.

In terms of how you feel about Rap music, are you aware that white folks felt the same way about jazz and rock & roll in the past? Rap/Hip-Hop are the voice of the disenfranchised youth and should not be silenced. In terms of civil rights and equality jazz, rock & roll, rap/hip-hop have been instrumental in enlisting white folks to help fight for equality. Outlaw, did you know that suburban white kids are the number consumers of rap/hip-hop? Outlaw, are you aware that if you go to a rap/hip-hop concert you will see mostly suburban white kids?
Rap music was created by my generation because we rejected rock & roll. We rejected rock & roll because Elvis said “all a nigger could do was buy his records and shine his shoes” after learning rock & roll from the African-American community. Outlaw, what are white folks doing in regards to how sex, drugs, and cash are promoted by rock stars?

As much as things change, they still remain the same. I do not believe that slavery ever ended in USA. I think slavery evolved. After the abolition of slavery there was the implementation of the black codes, segregation, COINTELPRO, war on drugs, and privatization of prisons.
So, when African Americans hear about about a young man with an extensive criminal record I think we tend to not give it much weight because we know that there is an inequitable administration of the law. We also know that African American men a disproportionately represented prisons and a demonized because prisoners are the only legal form of slavery.

That's fine, MacDre, and we can disagree on some points. I respect your opinion and don't post my thoughts for the sake of trivializing the realities of this country or being argumentative... but more to offer some discussion on what can be done on everyone's part. When Charles Kinsey is shot trying to prevent police from killing a mentally ill man on the ground, I say "that's some bullshit". Fortunately, Mr. Kinsey is alive and the officer was dealt with. Hopefully Mr. Kinsey received a nice settlement package. Compare that to MAP's example, Eric Garner, and I see an entirely different situation. And in full disclosure, I privately messaged MAP, sometime ago, to ask for some soccer advice and he was articulate, sincere and generous with his time. He might not be a second time, but he was before! So I respect him, as well, but don't agree on what happened in that case. Eric Garner wasn't a black man committing a crime and brutally arrested for it like an animal... he was a habitual, violent criminal that happened to be black and refused to be arrested like a man. I think there's a big difference. Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll goes hand in hand... black, white, whomever, but when I see videos of masks and high powered weaponry... it's a different situation. Elvis may well have been a racist asshole, but I don't remember him glorifying violence and murder. I think it promotes more, negative imagery and I don't know why it's tolerated and promoted... aside from the $$$.

My main message is THIS... when you defend a criminal that clearly had no respect for laws or law enforcement, nor the amount of chances he received (to even BE selling illegal cigarettes on the street), that 'Charles Kinsey message' of negligent policing now falls upon deaf ears because (I believe) the majority of people base support on actions and not color. So when you defend Mr. Garner, you lose my support as a "white boy". Perhaps I'm not being realistic, but I do research these cases to educate myself. That is not a "white boy choosing ignorance"; that's a white boy trying to understand what is reasonable police action and what isn't. I have little or no sympathy to lifelong criminals who choose to refuse compliance when confronted by police. Skin color isn't relevant for me. If we're to make change and vet dirty cops and dirty cop practices, the first thing we must do is remove the excuses handed to them on a platter.

That's fine, MacDre, and we can disagree on some points. I respect your opinion and don't post my thoughts for the sake of trivializing the realities of this country or being argumentative... but more to offer some discussion on what can be done on everyone's part. When Charles Kinsey is shot trying to prevent police from killing a mentally ill man on the ground, I say "that's some bullshit". Fortunately, Mr. Kinsey is alive and the officer was dealt with. Hopefully Mr. Kinsey received a nice settlement package. Compare that to MAP's example, Eric Garner, and I see an entirely different situation. And in full disclosure, I privately messaged MAP, sometime ago, to ask for some soccer advice and he was articulate, sincere and generous with his time. He might not be a second time, but he was before! So I respect him, as well, but don't agree on what happened in that case. Eric Garner wasn't a black man committing a crime and brutally arrested for it like an animal... he was a habitual, violent criminal that happened to be black and refused to be arrested like a man. I think there's a big difference. Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll goes hand in hand... black, white, whomever, but when I see videos of masks and high powered weaponry... it's a different situation. Elvis may well have been a racist asshole, but I don't remember him glorifying violence and murder. I think it promotes more, negative imagery and I don't know why it's tolerated and promoted... aside from the $$$.

My main message is THIS... when you defend a criminal that clearly had no respect for laws or law enforcement, nor the amount of chances he received (to even BE selling illegal cigarettes on the street), that 'Charles Kinsey message' of negligent policing now falls upon deaf ears because (I believe) the majority of people base support on actions and not color. So when you defend Mr. Garner, you lose my support as a "white boy". Perhaps I'm not being realistic, but I do research these cases to educate myself. That is not a "white boy choosing ignorance"; that's a white boy trying to understand what is reasonable police action and what isn't. I have little or no sympathy to lifelong criminals who choose to refuse compliance when confronted by police. Skin color isn't relevant for me. If we're to make change and vet dirty cops and dirty cop practices, the first thing we must do is remove the excuses handed to them on a platter.

We rejected rock & roll because Elvis said “all a nigger could do was buy his records and shine his shoes” after learning rock & roll from the African-American community.

While I respect your perspective in this debate, you have gone too far by insulting Elvis. None other than B.B. King said about Elvis "With Elvis, there was not a single drop of racism in that man. And when I say that, believe me I should know."

I cannot vouch every word out of Elvis's mouth was acceptable based on today's norms, but most of his contemporaries would agree that the concept of Elvis being a racist is an ironic myth . I am sure the modern SJW would accuse him of cultural appropriation, while these same contemporaries would tell you his interpretations and commitment to soul, gospel, blues and country helped open doors for minority musicians.

Being dubbed the "King of Rock & Roll" may have made Elvis famous and rich, but he frowned upon the characterization of his music that way. Reject Rock & Roll because of what the big hair bands did to it in the 80's, not the Elvis was a racist myth.

Did you really say smoking weed? There are dispensaries in every western state except maybe Arizona. You have to try better than that to hide your ambivalence and racism. There is soooooo much wrong with your post that I am going to just hope that you go back to your whiteboy castle on the hill and just let us plebs and coloreds stay in our place and obey Mista Charlie.

Is that okay Masta Sir?

Damn did you say driving without a license? You fail to understand the disparities in the application of the law when the subject is white and when the subject is non-white. Please spend some significant time in a situation where you are 13% or less of the population then give me your opinions. Until then your opinion means less than nothing.

Back