TRAINING WITH FUTURE DII TEAM

Can a player train in the spring with a DII program, while still a senior in HS? Just curious. ;)

You know, practice with team. I know HS players can train with NAIA teams, since NAIA has basically no recruiting restrictions.

NAIA recruiting rules are a lot looser than NCAA, but I wouldn't say no restrictions.

NCAA teams can hold non-recruiting camps just about anytime, and teams can hold Captains Camp before the officially allowed preseason practice as long as the coach does not directly plan or observe them.

An NAIA coach told an ID camp we attended that they had "very few" recruiting restrictions.

My son was invited to an ID camp so the coach could verify the assistant's evaluation of him (and the $100 fee for the camp had nothing to do with it ;)). He told the participants at the camp that he was not allowed by NCAA regulations to make any recruiting offers at the camp, but that some might be hearing from him later. Less than an hour later, while my son was showering at his friend's campus apartment about a block away, he called.

Back