Training Abroad

Still not clear what you're saying incorrect to.

It clearly states that exception 2a, where the OP wife is moving there for non-soccer reason for a year to two years.

As for my particular case, I would have put my kid in Italy, where they are citizen and have family to stay with; thereby, not an international transfer. In any case I'm not sending my kids to Italy to live and play soccer....
You stated that if you’re an EU citizen and under 16, you can play for an academy of a country different from your country of citizenship. That’s incorrect, unless other conditions apply, which have nothing to do with your EU citizenship.

You stated that if you’re an EU citizen and under 16, you can play for an academy of a country different from your country of citizenship. That’s incorrect, unless other conditions apply, which have nothing to do with your EU citizenship.

Oh ok. So I over generalized and you're pointing that out - thank you very much.

Oh ok. So I over generalized and you're pointing that out - thank you very much.
Sorry for being such a stickler but I had made certain assumptions myself when a couple of high-level Spanish coaches told me that “if the kid is under 16, then EU or not he’s just a foreigner and can’t play for a Spanish academy,” which made me go study that darned Article 19 some more.

Sorry for being such a stickler but I had made certain assumptions myself when a couple of high-level Spanish coaches told me that “if the kid is under 16, then EU or not he’s just a foreigner and can’t play for a Spanish academy,” which made me go study that darned Article 19 some more.
I have no idea how long you've been around this forum but 2000boy, Benny L's dad, who was one the key reasons why Barca got into trouble shared lots of info back then.

Given the labor issue with FIFA on minors, the subject was been brought to light and discussed quite a bit on the old forum. Also Spanish coaches in particular are overly cautious, probably, due to Barca ban.

All that said, it is much easier for EU citizen to be considered than US for European academies.

I have no idea how long you've been around this forum but 2000boy, Benny L's dad, who was one the key reasons why Barca got into trouble shared lots of info back then.

Given the labor issue with FIFA on minors, the subject was been brought to light and discussed quite a bit on the old forum. Also Spanish coaches in particular are overly cautious, probably, due to Barca ban.

All that said, it is much easier for EU citizen to be considered than US for European academies.
What you say makes sense, as a practical matter...but even Ben with the Polish passport didn’t get back into La Masia until 16, I think.

Back