Tournament Directors?

MTB

BRONZE
Hello All,

I'm looking to gather some information on what it takes to run a tournament. Are there any members out there that have either ran a tournament or know someone who has?

Thanks people!

Hello All,

I'm looking to gather some information on what it takes to run a tournament. Are there any members out there that have either ran a tournament or know someone who has?

Thanks people!

It's a pain in the butt! There's hired guns out there that will run it for you for 10K. If you've never run one, be prepared for a full time job! There's a lot of behind the scenes coordination!

It's a pain in the butt! There's hired guns out there that will run it for you for 10K. If you've never run one, be prepared for a full time job! There's a lot of behind the scenes coordination!

Agree. If you are really interested in becoming one, hire one for a year and keep a close eye on his activities so you can do it next year.

Really not something that can be answered very well in a message board post. It can take quite a bit of time and effort. Really depends on the size of tournament you plan to run. Are you taking over an existing tournament or trying to establish a new tournament from scratch?

If you want a better answer:
Is this a new tournament or established?
What dates will it be played and what other tournaments are played on that weekend?
Is there a lot of competition for teams or will you be able to fill a tournament easily?
How many fields do you have or can you secure?
What are the upfront costs and who is covering those bills till the money comes in?

There are dozens of other questions but these can get you started and will determine the size of the undertaking you are getting into.

Really not something that can be answered very well in a message board post. It can take quite a bit of time and effort. Really depends on the size of tournament you plan to run. Are you taking over an existing tournament or trying to establish a new tournament from scratch?

If you want a better answer:
Is this a new tournament or established?
What dates will it be played and what other tournaments are played on that weekend?
Is there a lot of competition for teams or will you be able to fill a tournament easily?
How many fields do you have or can you secure?
What are the upfront costs and who is covering those bills till the money comes in?

There are dozens of other questions but these can get you started and will determine the size of the undertaking you are getting into.

Thanks for replying. I'm actually looking for a contact for someone who has run one before to discuss / pick brain in person. I have helped run tournaments on a low level before, so I'm familiar with some of the smaller details... and I know there's a whole lot that I don't know. So I'm looking for someone to "consult" with... just exploring possibilities at this point. To answer some of your questions above:

>This would be a new tournament.
>We would schedule this tournament with other "competing" tournaments in mind and look for a good, not busy weekend.
> Our club has access to a lot of fields, more than enough to run a small to medium sized tournament.

I can be reached at mtb1996@gmail.com

Back