Top ranked Strikers 0C-2008 EGSL to fill 2 spots

The top ranked team, Strikers OC 2008 EGSL is looking to finalize it's roster with two elite players for next season. If your daughter has an interest in being considered for this top team, please contact the coach directly:

Coach: Laura Kane
Email: kaneo57@gmail.com
Bio: Former All-American and team captain at West Virginia University. Played professionally in Sweden and recently retired after competing in the W-League Championship match. Has been a Division 1 Assistant Coach at both Purdue and Bucknell University prior to re-entering the club game. She has built an outstanding reputation in recent years for developing young females in both the technical and psychological aspects of the game.

Please contact Laura if you are interested in attending our tryout this Wednesday from 5:45-7pm at Lake Forest Sports Park.

The top ranked team, Strikers OC 2008 EGSL is looking to finalize it's roster with two elite players for next season. If your daughter has an interest in being considered for this top team, please contact the coach directly:

Coach: Laura Kane
Email: kaneo57@gmail.com
Bio: Former All-American and team captain at West Virginia University. Played professionally in Sweden and recently retired after competing in the W-League Championship match. Has been a Division 1 Assistant Coach at both Purdue and Bucknell University prior to re-entering the club game. She has built an outstanding reputation in recent years for developing young females in both the technical and psychological aspects of the game.

Please contact Laura if you are interested in attending our tryout this Wednesday from 5:45-7pm at Lake Forest Sports Park.
I would love to know how you can be considered a top ranking team being 08?

I would love to know how you can be considered a top ranking team being 08?
I don't think there is anyone who has followed the G08 Calsouth teams this year that would not put Strikers as the #1 team. They started off in 2015/16 with a 60+ game win streak, the State Cup title for last year, and have the best record for the '08s in 2017, they are no doubt the favorites to win State Cup.

I don't think there is anyone who has followed the G08 Calsouth teams this year that would not put Strikers as the #1 team. They started off in 2015/16 with a 60+ game win streak, the State Cup title for last year, and have the best record for the '08s in 2017, they are no doubt the favorites to win State Cup.
Only time will tell.

When talking bites you in the but.....maybe next time

They may have lost in State Cup, but I can tell you they were certainly the favorites for many. They are by far the most complete team at this age group I've seen. They move the ball around well, they play "real" soccer, and have very skilled players all around. To top it off, their parents have consistently demonstrated class and showed respect for opposing teams. Nothing but respect for this team, their families, and wish them the best.

They may have lost in State Cup, but I can tell you they were certainly the favorites for many. They are by far the most complete team at this age group I've seen. They move the ball around well, they play "real" soccer, and have very skilled players all around. To top it off, their parents have consistently demonstrated class and showed respect for opposing teams. Nothing but respect for this team, their families, and wish them the best.
Absolutely I feel the same way about the parents and the team but you have to give Coach Pete a lot of credit for their success , and I know that at least half of that team will follow Pete to slammers

No doubt Coach Pete deserves tremendous credit as well... should be really interesting how it all plays out... Pete's going to CDA Slammers, right?

Absolutely I feel the same way about the parents and the team but you have to give Coach Pete a lot of credit for their success , and I know that at least half of that team will follow Pete to slammers

Well . . . . there certainly is a lot of fan[girling/boying] going on here. Sorry, but while watching the Strikers against the Blues following the LAGSD game didn't demonstrate their ability to play "real" soccer. There was certainly more direct play (aka kick-ball) happening throughout the game then consistent pass connections to move the ball up the field. I definitely agree that the parents are respectful to the sidelines of the opposing fans, but they certainly don't show respect to the refs when they feel calls were not in their favor. But hey . . . that is all of us at one time or another. No sideline is above being critical towards the refs, right?

Well . . . . there certainly is a lot of fan[girling/boying] going on here. Sorry, but while watching the Strikers against the Blues following the LAGSD game didn't demonstrate their ability to play "real" soccer. There was certainly more direct play (aka kick-ball) happening throughout the game then consistent pass connections to move the ball up the field. I definitely agree that the parents are respectful to the sidelines of the opposing fans, but they certainly don't show respect to the refs when they feel calls were not in their favor. But hey . . . that is all of us at one time or another. No sideline is above being critical towards the refs, right?

Let me guess... CDA parent? I wasn't at the game - and sure it's definitely possible they broke down - they're 8... But foolish to judge a team by just one game or even tournament - especially when guest/new coaches may be involved who may not know the players as well yet (heard that might have been the case?)... On the whole, throughout the season they've played very high quality clean soccer (for 8/9 yr olds) and I'm sure a lot of these kiddos have a bright soccer future ahead of them.

Let me guess... CDA parent? I wasn't at the game - and sure it's definitely possible they broke down - they're 8... But foolish to judge a team by just one game or even tournament - especially when guest/new coaches may be involved who may not know the players as well yet (heard that might have been the case?)... On the whole, throughout the season they've played very high quality clean soccer (for 8/9 yr olds) and I'm sure a lot of these kiddos have a bright soccer future ahead of them.
I'm assuming that you are Strikers new coach, it's just a shame that you would be so prejudiced to a set of girls that are not like ours. My daughter plays for your team and I'm having real doubts about leaving Strikers and going with Pete's new team.

I'm assuming that you are Strikers new coach, it's just a shame that you would be so prejudiced to a set of girls that are not like ours. My daughter plays for your team and I'm having real doubts about leaving Strikers and going with Pete's new team.

Aww, thats really cute.. and that's why we all love Strikers parents - amirite?!? They are so non-judgmental, respectful to other teams, considerate, etc... to think oh my God, a team can be good AND behave in this manner.. Just take the compliment will ya?

No, I'm not the new coach... please see my previous threads and it'll be clear how clueless I am... heh. This was based purely on playing against you guys and watching your games in between ours and at least from the outside it looks like you ha e a pretty good thing going on. I'm learning to navigate this just like many others and you'll see that I just call it as I see it, good or bad, my team or yours... it's important because often the most frank comments and discussions result in the most progress in spite of the potentially painful process.

By the way, on the topic of leaving or staying... I can empathize - must be a tough decision. All I can say is that last year our team split and while we've all made do and adjusted to the new teams, and to be honest I firmly believe each family made the right decision for their kid, we certainly miss the families and relationships built. Fortunately, we're all still friends but I've heard stories on other teams where it turned quite the opposite and the families no longer talk to each other. Pretty sad to be honest.

Anyhow, wish you all the best of luck...

By the way, on the topic of leaving or staying... I can empathize - must be a tough decision. All I can say is that last year our team split and while we've all made do and adjusted to the new teams, and to be honest I firmly believe each family made the right decision for their kid, we certainly miss the families and relationships built. Fortunately, we're all still friends but I've heard stories on other teams where it turned quite the opposite and the families no longer talk to each other. Pretty sad to be honest.

Anyhow, wish you all the best of luck...
My apologies to you , just rubs me the wrong way when I see people badmouthing little girls who are playing a sport they love .

Back