Top 10 Thread

Need a Top 10 Thread

Top 15 G2009 teams through this weekend's play. Includes games from last year but gives a 2X weight for games played since State Cup. The sixth column is SoS (Strength of Schedule) rank.

top15.jpg

What I love about this group is that the top six teams have all beat each other up (not including Eagles). On any given Sunday (or Saturday)...

Attachments

• top15.jpg
    top15.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 35
I should add that I dropped Strikers OC from the list since I don't think they exist as a team anymore (and/or the bulk of the team moved to Slammers).

It's purely an algorithm/numbers thing...don't read too much into it. Definitely CDA is a top team. Probably playing some easier teams in last few tourneys hurt the numbers.
So CDA best Blues in the final of the Cerritos tournament and beat Aguirre team last week at the Slammers tournament and they still don't play hard teams? Joke

Thanks for the information and taking the time; Not an expert by any means but at this time I would rank the top 4 as follows;

1-CDA-Cruz;
2- slammers Aguirre;
3-Liverpool;
4-Blues

These teams at this time are very close to one another; I don't see any other team at this point that will challenge them.

Thanks for the information and taking the time; Not an expert by any means but at this time I would rank the top 4 as follows;

1-CDA-Cruz;
2- slammers Aguirre;
3-Liverpool;
4-Blues

These teams at this time are very close to one another; I don't see any other team at this point that will challenge them.
Yep, that's a pretty accurate picture. Liverpool lost to LAGSD at Pegasus Cup (but then beat them in the finals) and SD Surf pushed Liverpool to a PK's final at Copa Del Mar. I should put green and red arrows next to teams to indicate who have been rising and falling within the past month or two:

RISING: Eagles, LAGSD, SD Surf
FALLING: SD Force, Albion

1-CDA-Cruz;
2- slammers Aguirre;
3-Liverpool;
4-Blues

So which Blues team are you referring to since there are 2?

I have a filter that doesn't include team until they have 6 games minimum (basically two tournaments under their belt). So Cal Blues Otto has 4 games with a 8.5 SRS...which would insert them as #23 if they had enough games.
How is it possible that Slammers Aguirre who's record is 7-3 and lost to CDA in last week tournament be ahead of CDA? Is it personal?

Sample size is still pretty small for that 7-3 team compared to the others. The algorithm looks at the entire body of work (all games) not just one head to head matchup between two teams. Teams improve their rankings by beating teams by more than they are suppose to or losing by less than they are suppose to. So if Team A beat Team B but didn't beat Teams C,D,E by enough goals and Team B did then things even out. The Slammers Aguirre team also has the #1 ranked strength of schedule while the CDA team has the #14 ranked strength of schedule. When the sample size gets larger, maybe things will change.... ??

Sample size is still pretty small for that 7-3 team compared to the others. The algorithm looks at the entire body of work (all games) not just one head to head matchup between two teams. Teams improve their rankings by beating teams by more than they are suppose to or losing by less than they are suppose to. So if Team A beat Team B but didn't beat Teams C,D,E by enough goals and Team B did then things even out. The Slammers Aguirre team also has the #1 ranked strength of schedule while the CDA team has the #14 ranked strength of schedule. When the sample size gets larger, maybe things will change.... ??
So CDA has beaten 6 of the top 15 teams this year which includes the top 2 teams and have not lost or ties any games since state cup and have won 4 straight tournaments and you have them at 3..... keep punching numbers that don't make any sense.

Back