Top 10 GU2011

Galaxy did beat Blues Forsyth this time but historically Blues Forsyth normally comes out victorious...same for why Blues Mulligan still ranks over Legends in my book
Let me give you a history lesson, these teams have played each other 3 times and each team has one win, one tie, and one loss. Check your math. You are not completely wrong regarding the Blues and Legends. Blues leads the summer series 3 games to 2. But I'm not sure that means the Blues "normally" beat them.

O.K. fellow 2011 girl's soccer parents. The Surf Challenge over Thanksgiving Weekend is a few months away. This is a great time to get your team noticed! Come one, come all! All of the top 10 teams should go to this tournament, but so should every other team that works hard. From what I hear, these are the trips and traveling experiences that these girls remember most from their childhood soccer days.

Don't make the challenge and competition ugly. All of these girls work hard and want and need the best competition and ALL OF THESE GIRLS WILL SUFFER A LOSS AT SOME POINT, so don't ruin it for the competitors. Keep it fun, but tell them they need to bring it! I hope to see all of these teams there and maybe meet a few other parents at the bar to share the great experience of club/traveling soccer. I've seen some intense battles and I've never seen a girl get ugly after a game. We can take a lesson from them! So please, if this is not on your tournament schedule, talk to your team and encourage the competition.

Can't wait for league to start this weekend as well!

O.K. fellow 2011 girl's soccer parents. The Surf Challenge over Thanksgiving Weekend is a few months away. This is a great time to get your team noticed! Come one, come all! All of the top 10 teams should go to this tournament, but so should every other team that works hard. From what I hear, these are the trips and traveling experiences that these girls remember most from their childhood soccer days.

Don't make the challenge and competition ugly. All of these girls work hard and want and need the best competition and ALL OF THESE GIRLS WILL SUFFER A LOSS AT SOME POINT, so don't ruin it for the competitors. Keep it fun, but tell them they need to bring it! I hope to see all of these teams there and maybe meet a few other parents at the bar to share the great experience of club/traveling soccer. I've seen some intense battles and I've never seen a girl get ugly after a game. We can take a lesson from them! So please, if this is not on your tournament schedule, talk to your team and encourage the competition.

Can't wait for league to start this weekend as well!
Slammers, Legends and Galaxy typically play the Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase. Will that be the case this year? What tournament are most top teams playing?

Slammers, Legends and Galaxy typically play the Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase. Will that be the case this year? What tournament are most top teams playing?
I can't speak for all, but I know The HB Slammers are committing to the surf challenge. I hope Whittier, Cerritos, and other Slammer's teams can make it too?? There was broader competition at this Oceanside (I believe) tournament including some teams from San diego and such. The more the merrier! I really want to see Ole, The Warriors, and The San Diego Galaxy as The HB Slammers have never played these teams. Although would love to see the top 20 go as a preliminary heading into state cup next year. Would love to see this become The Next Clash of The Titans! What a way to burn off those turkey dinners, right!?

Awesome, hopefully all the 2011 Blue's Teams will be there. We need The Legends and the rest of the pack too! Where's our Warriors and Ole fans here? Will be very interesting to see how the teams develop and grow through league. Whose going to put in their work this league to take home the cup?? The Mustangs came all the way down from Danville to play in The Slammer's Player's Cup and they were pretty impressive too! How about that team that played The Mulligan Blues from Texas too? Hopefully both Forsyth and Mulligan play, so they don't share players. Makes it a more interesting tournament imo. The more teams the better, but really want to see The Legends (most recent champs), The Warriors, and Ole to spice it up a bit! Good luck in league everyone!

SCDSL doesn't keep scores of games for 2011 girls does it? If not, maybe we can get a report from each team on here? Curious to see how the league is stacking up. Season opener always stressful.

SCDSL doesn't keep scores of games for 2011 girls does it? If not, maybe we can get a report from each team on here? Curious to see how the league is stacking up. Season opener always stressful.[/QUOTE
SCDSL doesn't keep scores of games for 2011 girls does it? If not, maybe we can get a report from each team on here? Curious to see how the league is stacking up. Season opener always stressful.
Slammers HB took the W over Cerritos 4-2

Parents who know the score can also just post directly? Some managers may not be on this board? Would be cool to have a standing's stat. even though I keep hearing that winning doesn't matter for a couple years.

First off- @Hodari your daughter is an exceptional player mate. It was my first time watching her in action and I understand the hype now. As this game ended, we noticed Blues and Legends warming up and decided to stay. It was a contested match that could’ve gone either way.My takeaway from individual play Blues #20 was taking shots from mid-line wow #23 is very fast and a smart playmaker. Legends #9 and #7 have similar skill set aggressive, good passing and Legends seemed stronger with both on the pitch. PKs are a bloody toss up but all in all these girls showed up to compete. Well played!
Legends #7 was a guest player from Slammers HB Zermeno. She's a good, solid midfielder who shows no fear, is aggressive, and very physical for her age and relatively smaller stature at this age group.

SURF CUP WHO IS GOING

There will be some definite battles on the field..How is it done...does the roster open up or is it the same csl or scdsl roster they currently have..

I would love to see The Warriors, Ole, and all the other top 20 teams play at the Surf Cup Thanksgiving Tournament. Honestly, these little ladies are so young and full of potential. Make it a vacation to get away from the drama and family and enjoy some friendly competition for little ladies working hard to compete in life. Love and support them all! No joke! Please folks.....avoid the ugliness and bring on the competition.

Back