TOP 10 GU 2010

Dominic

DA
Staff member
Who are the top ten through the summer?

My first post, so go easy on me. Not a lot of separation amongst the top 3.

1. Blues
2. Eagles
3. SDSC
4. SD Surf
5. Legends
6. Slammers Cruz
7. Albion
8. Ole
9. LA Galaxy OC
10. Slammers PA

Ole plays Cruz today. Also Blues play both SD Surf and SDSC in group play of Blues Cup next weekend...no home cooking there.

Season play for SCDSL Flight 1 South should have lots of great match ups

SDSC X Blues X Slammers PA X Legends play each other twice.

@Teddy_Olive I know the Eagles, Blues, SDSC are normally top 3 and played each other multiple times. Looking forward to see Slammers PA play.

Have they played SDSC, Eagles or Blues recently?

I watched them play this weekend at the Players Cup, they were really impressive a step above everyone else in the tournament

I wish they played in the top flight of Surf Cup instead of the 2nd flight. They were probably good enough and it would have been interesting to see how they matched up.

I watched them play this weekend at the Players Cup, they were really impressive a step above everyone else in the tournament

I see. Well, I probably wouldn't look to place them in even the top 5 until they play one of those teams. I know it's last minute but they should come down for Blues Cup this weekend. There's an open spot in the top flight at the moment. Might even be able to get in for free.

Top 3 are still Blues, SDSC and Eagles in no particular order. All matches between them at Blues Cup could of went anyway.

1st game: Blues vs SDSC
Blues scored with 30 seconds left in 1st half
SDSC tied it back up in 15 min mark of the 2nd half
Blues scored in the last couple of mins to take the Victory. The goalie of Blues made incredible saves like normal against some great strikes from SDSC.

Semi Finals: Eagles vs Blues
Eagles scored roughly 5 mins into the second half of a direct kick. The kick was straight money.
Blues bounced back and scored around the 16-18 min mark on heart and strength.
Blues scored the game winner with roughly 3-4 mins left in the game

Eagles had chances to take a 2-0 lead but was unfortunate to finish and had 2-3 chances to tie the game up. It was another well played games by both teams.

Here is my top 10. 1 and 2 can flip. Slight edge to SDSC since they just won Blues Cup

1. SDSC
2. Blues
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Slammers PA
6. Ole
7. Albion
8. SD Surf
9. La Mirada
10. Slammers Cruz

Last edited:
Summer Tournaments 2019

Manchester City
Champions -Blues
Finalist-SDSC
**eagles lost to SDSC in semi

Albion
Champions- SDSC
Finalist - Albion
**Blues lost to Albion in semi

Surf Cup
Champions-MVLA
Finalists- Blues
**Eagles lost in Semi to MVLA
**SDSC lost to Eagles in pool play

Blues Cup
Champions-SDSC
Finalist- Blues
Eagles lost to Blues in Semi

Here is my top 10. 1 and 2 can flip. Slight edge to SDSC since they just won Blues Cup

1. SDSC
2. Blues
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Slammers PA
6. Ole
7. Albion
8. SD Surf
9. La Mirada
10. Slammers Cruz

I would agree with your list. Top 2 can flip flop on who's number one. Eagles has beaten both. However not consistently enough to warrant top spot.

1. SDSC
2. Blues
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Slammers PA
6. Ole
7. Albion
8. SD Surf
9. La Mirada
10. Slammers Cruz

I think Galaxy OC and Surf OC are equal to or better than your 6-10, perhaps with the exception of Albion.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=72072&GroupID=830531&Gender=Girls&Age=9

Swap Surf teams at #8, and Galaxy for Cruz at #10, and this list is pretty solid.

The top 3 are a coin flip. Any given day, any of them can win. Whenever those teams are playing against each other it’s unreal to see the competitive spirit, toughness, tenacity, and perseverance in these 9 year old girls. Truly amazing, and all 3 teams should be proud.

Congrats to SDSC on the well deserved win.

I think Galaxy OC and Surf OC are equal to or better than your 6-10, perhaps with the exception of Albion.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=72072&GroupID=830531&Gender=Girls&Age=9

Swap Surf teams at #8, and Galaxy for Cruz at #10, and this list is pretty solid.

1. SDSC
2. Blues
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Slammers PA
6. Ole
7. Albion
8. SD Surf Select
9. EDA G 2010 (formerly known as La Mirada)
10. OC Surf

We can prob take out Cruz team since they lost 2 key players and are not as good as they were last year. The SD Surf team I'm talking about is the Select team. I know there are a few. This team is good just lacks a bit of defense. We played them without our goalie and had an auto gol and tied but we had way more shots at goal. Unfortunately we came to this tournament you linked without our goalie which had an effect on games. I can see Surf OC on the list. I remember we played them. They were a tough team but was a team we should have beat and not tied. Lots of missed goals. 1-4 are pretty set, 5-7 could flip flop positions and are solid defensively and can compete with the top 4 teams. They will not give up more than 1-2 goals per game. The problem is offensively they are not at the top 4 level. Any info on the Galaxy team you mentioned? Would like to see how they did against other teams to see if they deserve a spot on this list.

Last edited:
Any info on the Galaxy team you mentioned? Would like to see how they did against other teams to see if they deserve a spot on this list.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=1267466

They're a solid little team that should probably be in the top 10 conversation somewhere. At Blues Cup, they lost to SDSC 6 to 1 but they drew with SD Surf 2-2. Their other summer tournament of note was Carlsbad Cup, where they were Finalists and played Blues pretty close in two games. There aren't a lot of data points on them though.

Galaxy OC PDA just played at Blues Cup against SD Surf Select and SDSC. They got seeded against the San Diego Bracket. @Luis Andres

Lost to SDSC 6-1
Tied SD Surf 2-2
Beat SD Force 4-1

Back