Thoughts on Sand Soccer?

We played in the May event. Lost both games on Saturday. Playing a 2-3-1with the "1" being a cherry picker. "
We won both games on Sunday playing with a "dual cherry picker".
The difference was that our single cherry picker would get to a ball, maybe take a shot. But nobody was there for a rebound or a pass. With 2 up top, we got more second chances. Especially when many of the goals are from a keeper punt and a hope for a touch before it goes in the goal.
we ran 2-2-2 (yeah like they kept their shape during the game) but saw teams cherry picking 3 kids - which was fine for them given our kids loved going forward like a school of fish and hated running back. they put in a lot of easy rebounds. they say you cant learn anything @ Sand Soccer. hah

We played in the May event. Lost both games on Saturday. Playing a 2-3-1with the "1" being a cherry picker. "
We won both games on Sunday playing with a "dual cherry picker".
The difference was that our single cherry picker would get to a ball, maybe take a shot. But nobody was there for a rebound or a pass. With 2 up top, we got more second chances. Especially when many of the goals are from a keeper punt and a hope for a touch before it goes in the goal.

So no offsides in sand soccer? Yet they also allow keeper punts even without the offsides? o_O

Keeper punts are allows but are indirect. So it has touch someone for it to count.
The "strategy" is when your keeper makes a save is to stick a girl in front of the other teams keeper and hope it hits someone.
Like I said in an earlier post "it's barely soccer."
First time teams try to play possesion, pass it back, switch, etc. they learn by half time to play 1 or 2 touch and don't try to dribble too much.

in HB this weekend, and view sand soccer as fun break for the girls to enjoy the beach and sand? Saw great deal of innovative play... Reading into scores too much maybe reaching? Think futsal is actually more indicative and better training?

Sand Soccer is a fun weekend no more no less. Kids have fun.. parents have a little more fun(Hyatt)... Parking sucks. Breakfast burritos are $10 overpriced and worth it.

best part was when I a saw Ref sitting in his car parked in handicap parking and then go ref 4 games......his car had permanent handicap plates....SMH

Sand Soccer is a fun weekend no more no less. Kids have fun.. parents have a little more fun(Hyatt)... Parking sucks. Breakfast burritos are $10 overpriced and worth it.

best part was when I a saw Ref sitting in his car parked in handicap parking and then go ref 4 games......his car had permanent handicap plates....SMH
im pretty handy around the kitchen, my kid loves my food and he said those 10 buck burros where "the bomb" and i couldnt argue - except for the size =)

A practice or 2 in the sand helps a little bit. We did one for 45 minutes followed by pizza at the beach.

My middle daughter seemed to be faster on sand than on grass. I can't quite figure out why. She has average/below average speed on grass, but was one of the fastest kids on the sand. She played last year too, so I think the experience along with a few sand practices helped.

Flat feet running on sand and on the toes on grass for speed. The toe runners tend to sink into the sand as they run slowing them down. I had one of the professional beach soccer refs tell the secret for speed on sand. Flat feet work sort of like snow shoes. Just don't plant the foot and try to turn in the sand since the foot will not release like on grass and cause excess stress on the knee ligaments.

Maybe his handiap is that he is deaf, which would be an advantage for a referee.

Flat feet running on sand and on the toes on grass for speed. The toe runners tend to sink into the sand as they run slowing them down. I had one of the professional beach soccer refs tell the secret for speed on sand. Flat feet work sort of like snow shoes. Just don't plant the foot and try to turn in the sand since the foot will not release like on grass and cause excess stress on the knee ligaments.
My son would love to play some Beach soccer. Is there any Beach Events coming up?We are up at HB a lot lately.

Back