Thoughts/commentary on second half of ECNL season?

Surf over RSC 4-0. Their center mid #21 is wicked fast. That team is missing a few pieces but plays nice soccer & doesn't quit despite the score (or hot weather). Nice to watch 2 teams playing pretty soccer after that the less appealing game in norco yesterday.

Surf over RSC 4-0. Their center mid #21 is wicked fast. That team is missing a few pieces but plays nice soccer & doesn't quit despite the score (or hot weather). Nice to watch 2 teams playing pretty soccer after that the less appealing game in norco yesterday.

I have seen #21 for RSC play a few games over the past year or so. She is so much fun to watch that when she is on the field, I find myself watching her versus watching the ball. She has game changing speed.

I know many are very high on a certain '05 player playing with the boys, but my money is on #21. #21 is a young '04 playing up with the '03s, and yet she's still a standout. She is not just "wicked fast"; she's also highly skilled and has high soccer IQ. Watch out for her in the GNT pool soon. I know some of you will remind me about how early success doesn't always translate into later success. I guess we will see.

BTW, nice to see that #21 is still being recognized by Surf. Many years ago, when "Mario M" was interviewed for his Surf team's win in Surf Thanksgiving, he gave #21 a shout out for her incredible skills at such a young age (maybe 6 or 7?).

I have seen #21 for RSC play a few games over the past year or so. She is so much fun to watch that when she is on the field, I find myself watching her versus watching the ball. She has game changing speed.
She is amazing to watch! A very special player! I see big things coming in her future! Great job #21, keep it up!!

Congrats to all of the Teams that played this past weekend. 7 shut-outs! Great results everyone!

Saturday, 4/29
Wcfc 2-0 win over Sc Sol
Strikers 1-0 win over Sereno
Slammers 3-0 win over Blues (WOW, didn’t expect this result?)
Surf 2-0 win over Arsenal

Sunday, 4/30
Strikers 1-0 win over Sc Sol
Wcfc 2-0 win over Sereno
Surf 4-0 win over Real So Cal

With just 3 weekends left, the standings are as follows: Strikers 1st, Surf 2nd, and Slammers 3rd.
May 1st is finally upon us! Going to be an interesting next 3 weeks!

Games this coming weekend:
Eagles vs Surf
Sc Sol vs Sereno
Slammers vs Arsenal (Game of the weekend, going to be a fun game to watch)
Wcfc vs Blues
Real SoCal vs Strikers

Good luck to all of the dd's this weekend!

Heard Slammers has a younger playing up as well?

There are plenty of 04s playing up on 03 teams: Arsenal & Surf (as many of you already know), So Cal Blues (even an 05), and non-ECNL teams. I think you're perhaps trying to suggest that the 04 on the Slammers team is also someone special? If so, I still give my vote to #21.

Any Team can win on any given day. Good luck to all of the Team's this weekend!
Congrats to all of the winning Team's this past weekend. There was a change in the standing's based on the results: Surf 1st, Strikers 2nd, Arsenal 3rd. With 2 weekends left, the top 3 are up for grabs between 4 Teams. Good luck to all of the Team's with 2 weekends left in League.
SC sol 6-0 win over Sereno (wow)
Arsenal 2-1 win over Slammers (close game)
West Coast 2-1 win over Blues (upset of the weekend)
Real SoCal 0-0 tie vs Strikers (didn't expect this result?)
Surf vs Eagles (anyone know game results?)

Lots of games this weekend. Predictions anyone?

Saturday, 5/13:
Surf vs Sc Sol: Surf win
Slammers vs Sereno: Slammers win
Eagles vs Arsenal: Arsenal win
Blues vs Real SoCal: Blues win
Strikers vs Heat: Strikers win

Sunday, 5/14:
Wcfc vs Heat: Wcfc win
Eagles vs Real SoCal: Real SoCal win
Slammers vs Sc Sol: Slammers win
Surf vs Sereno: Surf win
Strikers vs Blues: Game of the weekend…anyone's game….Strikers win

Good luck to all of the dd's and their Team's! Results results results!!

Lots of games this weekend. Predictions anyone?

Saturday, 5/13:
Surf vs Sc Sol: Surf win
Slammers vs Sereno: Slammers win
Eagles vs Arsenal: Arsenal win
Blues vs Real SoCal: Blues win
Strikers vs Heat: Strikers win

Sunday, 5/14:
Wcfc vs Heat: Wcfc win
Eagles vs Real SoCal: Real SoCal win
Slammers vs Sc Sol: Slammers win
Surf vs Sereno: Surf win
Strikers vs Blues: Game of the weekend…anyone's game….Strikers win

Good luck to all of the dd's and their Team's! Results results results!!

Congrats to all of the Team's that pulled out wins this weekend.
Standings:
1st Surf, 2nd Strikers, 3rd Arsenal, 4th Slammers, 5th Blues, 6th Real SoCal, 7th Wcfc, 8th Sc Sol, 9th Heat, 10th Eagles, and 11th Sereno

5/13 Saturday
Surf won 3-1 over Sc Col
Slammers 1-0 over Sereno
Arsenal 4-0 over Eagles
Blues 1-0 over Real So Cal
Strikers 5-0 over Heat

5/14 Sunday
Wcfc 2-1 over Heat
Slammers 2-1 over Sc Sol
Real So Cal 3-0 over Eagles
Strikers 3-2 over Blues
Surf vs Sereno? Results??

Good luck to all of the Team's in the final weekend of the Ecnl season!

Good games ahead for the last weekend of league play for ECNL. Good luck to all of the Team's!

Saturday, 5/20:
Heat vs Blues: Blues win
Sc Sol vs Real: Real win
Sereno vs Eagles: Eagles win
Strikers vs Arsenal (going to be a great game, anyone can win this game) Strikers win

Sunday, 5/21:
Sereno vs Real: Real win
Sc Sol vs Eagles: Sc Sol win
Heat vs Surf: Surf win
Slammers vs Strikers (going to be a great game, anyone can win this game) Strikers win
Arsenal vs wcfc: Arsenal win

Good games ahead for the last weekend of league play for ECNL. Good luck to all of the Team's!

Saturday, 5/20:
Heat vs Blues: Blues win
Sc Sol vs Real: Real win
Sereno vs Eagles: Eagles win
Strikers vs Arsenal (going to be a great game, anyone can win this game) Strikers win

Sunday, 5/21:
Sereno vs Real: Real win
Sc Sol vs Eagles: Sc Sol win
Heat vs Surf: Surf win
Slammers vs Strikers (going to be a great game, anyone can win this game) Strikers win
Arsenal vs wcfc: Arsenal win

Congrats to all of the Team's that played today in the heat. Game results:

Blues 3-0 win over Heat
Real SoCal 0-0 vs Sc Sol
Eagles 1-0 win over Sereno
Strikers 1-1 vs Arsenal

Tomorrow is the last day of Ecnl league play. Good luck to all of the Team's playing. All eyes will be on the Slammers and Arsenal matches to determine who takes top 3.

Just curious since standings are so close (top 3 go to ECNL playoffs), with one game to go tomorrow and Slammers and Strikers playing head to head, could the current top four of 1) Surf, 2)Strikers, 3)Arsenal, 4)Slammers end up with a final ranking of 1)Surf, 2)Arsenal, 3)Slammers, 4)Strikers under the following Scenario:

Surf stays in first - win, lose, or tie due to their current lead in points (+3 over 2nd place team) plus a superior GD of 45 and then with a Slammers win over Strikers plus an Arsenal win over West Coast would there be a resulting 3 way tie for second? Secondarily, would the final rankings then default to tie breaker rules to determine 2nd/3rd and the final two teams advancing to the ECNL playoffs being settled by Goal Differential as the determining factor? If thats the case, would that result in Arsenal getting second due to having the 2nd highest GD of 36 currently plus Slammers jumping over Strikers who they would be tied with in points, but have a head to head win over and and potential tie and/or slight edge in GD due to the successful head to head win?

Not sure what the tie breaker rule hierarchy would be, but there are some interesting scenarios possible.

Just curious since standings are so close (top 3 go to ECNL playoffs), with one game to go tomorrow and Slammers and Strikers playing head to head, could the current top four of 1) Surf, 2)Strikers, 3)Arsenal, 4)Slammers end up with a final ranking of 1)Surf, 2)Arsenal, 3)Slammers, 4)Strikers under the following Scenario:

Surf stays in first - win, lose, or tie due to their current lead in points (+3 over 2nd place team) plus a superior GD of 45 and then with a Slammers win over Strikers plus an Arsenal win over West Coast would there be a resulting 3 way tie for second? Secondarily, would the final rankings then default to tie breaker rules to determine 2nd/3rd and the final two teams advancing to the ECNL playoffs being settled by Goal Differential as the determining factor? If thats the case, would that result in Arsenal getting second due to having the 2nd highest GD of 36 currently plus Slammers jumping over Strikers who they would be tied with in points, but have a head to head win over and and potential tie and/or slight edge in GD due to the successful head to head win?

Not sure what the tie breaker rule hierarchy would be, but there are some interesting scenarios possible.
I'm sorry was there a question here?;):D

Back