The right choice?

It's bad enough we have a women's tournament called "She Believes Cup" Yes of course, she must believe,( in rainbows and unicorns), since she can't even handle a DA! So what's next for these non-male athletes-- "Always- with Wings" stadium??
Gotta love Texas, sounds like a good explanation to me. You profess to know what is best for a group of teams from another state? Hard to judge something that hasn't even started yet as well, it is dumb to criticize something that has been so successful for so many years.
FYI, boys are bigger, stronger faster and have more endurance than girls, so comparing boys DA and girls DA seems crazy to me. I don't think it is sexist, just the truth.
BTW I have a daughter who plays soccer right now and we will be trying to figure where she fits in next year.

Gotta love Texas, sounds like a good explanation to me. You profess to know what is best for a group of teams from another state? Hard to judge something that hasn't even started yet as well, it is dumb to criticize something that has been so successful for so many years.
FYI, boys are bigger, stronger faster and have more endurance than girls, so comparing boys DA and girls DA seems crazy to me. I don't think it is sexist, just the truth.
BTW I have a daughter who plays soccer right now and we will be trying to figure where she fits in next year.

Now I'm starting to agree with you. Crazy...

Big difference is, DA can care less about the kids if their not in the national team. ECNL or other leagues at least cared for a few more people. You really think GDA is being created because they really care about making the style of play better, help kids go to college, etc They saw someone else successful and making money so they said hey we can do the same thing and make that money. Well, they have their chance now.
You have some strong "feelings" about GDA and it's not even July of 2018 yet Lol. Maybe get a season under their belt and we can all sit back in our armchairs and re-evaluate our positions?

Even with a few more opportunities, the vast majority of boys will not play pro either. That said, why not try to change it on the girls side. They've proven they can draw an audience. From your posts , you appear to be on the payroll of ECNL

Do you know what the attendance of the second game of the She Believe's Cup in Houston the 4th largest city in the US? It wasn't good.

Then if ECNL cares, they can put their product somewhere beyond the OC. As long as they refuse to spread out geographically in SoCal, DA wins

Is it winning when the product on the field is diluted and overall worse than what ECNL has already been producing? And no I am not on the payroll of the ECNL, however, the platform and her coaches did a great job of getting my player a great scholarship and she is killing the game in college.

Agree DA will win in So Cal barring some bad mess up from US soccer. Most of the current ECNL clubs would prefer no change outside of maybe Legends, Albion, Carlsbad, etc where now their on even playing field. DA should win easily in any normal case in the whole country but US soccer has done so many dumb things through the years, it just makes you think can they mess this up? Maybe. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ECNL is perfect. They made mistakes as well but I think putting all they mandates when in reality you're changing nothing is just a front. Same coaches, still training similar days, and playing similar teams. Good times.

@soccer4us this is a well thought out post and very true. I am enjoying sitting back and watching. Plenty of soccer people that I have talked to aren't convinced that US Soccer can get out of it's own way. Too much of a honey pot to protect and too much of an old girls club to keep employed. What happened to hiring coaches with a successful record to coach the youth national teams? Every few months something has changed. We are 4 months away from the season starting and still no comprehensive directives just fluffy press releases. Dallas Sting , one of the most successful youth clubs in the country on the female side pulling out is pretty telling.

@soccer4us this is a well thought out post and very true. I am enjoying sitting back and watching. Plenty of soccer people that I have talked to aren't convinced that US Soccer can get out of it's own way. Too much of a honey pot to protect and too much of an old girls club to keep employed. What happened to hiring coaches with a successful record to coach the youth national teams? Every few months something has changed. We are 4 months away from the season starting and still no comprehensive directives just fluffy press releases. Dallas Sting , one of the most successful youth clubs in the country on the female side pulling out is pretty telling.

Hiring successful youth national team coaches? good one. Depends if you're friends with Jill or were her assistant at UCLA once upon a time. My favorite is when you fail but then get a new job within us soccer in a different role. From what I understand April is the main DA person and isn't exactly liked by many you can say. Let's hope for so cal folks they don't have showcase events similar locations to the boys. Going to Florida early December for a week. Good fun

See what happens when you are sober? You should try it more often.

Who says that I wasn't sober? What you might not understand Joe is that this is pure entertainment for me. Watching people make it up as they go with the inevitable crash at the end is pretty funny. I showed my player some of these posts and she laughed and was confused at how ill informed most of the posters on this forum really are.

The difference is dickwad that I am looking in the rear view mirror. My player is there and thriving. She will have the opportunity to play pro, should she want to, and will likely end up in Europe for her gap year before medical school. I had a plan and executed it. How's your plan going?

Hiring successful youth national team coaches? good one. Depends if you're friends with Jill or were her assistant at UCLA once upon a time. My favorite is when you fail but then get a new job within us soccer in a different role. From what I understand April is the main DA person and isn't exactly liked by many you can say. Let's hope for so cal folks they don't have showcase events similar locations to the boys. Going to Florida early December for a week. Good fun

You are 100% spot on and the rabbit hole goes deeper. I just don't want to post some of the other things I know but look closely at the ynt coaching tree...

Who says that I wasn't sober? What you might not understand Joe is that this is pure entertainment for me. Watching people make it up as they go with the inevitable crash at the end is pretty funny. I showed my player some of these posts and she laughed and was confused at how ill informed most of the posters on this forum really are.

The difference is dickwad that I am looking in the rear view mirror. My player is there and thriving. She will have the opportunity to play pro, should she want to, and will likely end up in Europe for her gap year before medical school. I had a plan and executed it. How's your plan going?
I am surprised you can look at any mirror without it shattering.
The difference between us is I actually like to see everyones' kid succeed, even though you are what you are, I wouldn't wish bad things on your kid.

Hey guys, my daughter will be age eligible for DA next year so I come to this forum to try to figure out the best path for her. I am disappointed to see how this thread seems to have gone off the rails. If you want to make it personal with another poster, I guess go ahead, but lets leave the kids out of this. Lets keep this a place where people with NO soccer experience (like me) can come and get thoughts and ideas. The forum is what we make of it.

I use the ignore button- honestly some people on here are so stupid especially some ulitttle parents that it's necessary. Better for your health too!

IMO, why even worry about FIFA sub rules for women? 99.999% of club and college players won't be playing pro women or international soccer anyways.

College soccer players are so condititioned, if they had to play a full 90 min game, they easily could.

It is not about conditioning, it is about learning to play the international game. If the goal is for the US to stay competitive in women's soccer (and become competitive in men's soccer), then our adult players need to play the international game. If we want to see our National Teams get schooled by teams that play possession soccer, then maintain the status quo. The US is different than the rest of the world due to the fact that we have college sports. We should use the strengths that we have and change the college game so that is helps with player development.

Since this is the most active thread about this certain 04 DA are already imploding and now playing up their 05 A Team players who are waayyyyyyy out of their league. Amazing!

Back