The right choice?

Hey guys, my daughter will be age eligible for DA next year so I come to this forum to try to figure out the best path for her. I am disappointed to see how this thread seems to have gone off the rails. If you want to make it personal with another poster, I guess go ahead, but lets leave the kids out of this. Lets keep this a place where people with NO soccer experience (like me) can come and get thoughts and ideas. The forum is what we make of it.

I would love to stick to the topic but since this is entertainment to me I will be tearing into the frauds like @CaliKlines and @Fact that don't know shit and try to front like they do. If frauds stick to their manners then this might be educational. Otherwise I am going to have to smack a mitch.

Hey guys, my daughter will be age eligible for DA next year so I come to this forum to try to figure out the best path for her. I am disappointed to see how this thread seems to have gone off the rails. If you want to make it personal with another poster, I guess go ahead, but lets leave the kids out of this. Lets keep this a place where people with NO soccer experience (like me) can come and get thoughts and ideas. The forum is what we make of it.

I apologize to you for being so crass.

I think it sounds sexist. The poor little girls can't deal with the rigors of DA. All the references to female athletes and, as is implied, their "special needs"

Seriously, are most of the boys going pro either?
There are more opportunities financially for men to play professionally than women in the US. The men have USL (2nd tier) and MLS. The boys also have the D1 college soccer route, but there are less scholarship opportunites compared to women college soccer.

The rank and file NWSL players make only 17K a year and the US women national team players make a minimum of 40K a year. Compare that to the average MLS salary of 300K and the mean being 100K for the men. It's why I don't get all of the posts about Girls DA requiring to train 4-5 days a week where 99.99% of the girls will NOT be playing professionally. The goal for the girls should be playing collegiate soccer, unless they are fast tracked to play for the USWNT. Refer to Sophie Smith, Ashley Sanchez, Briana Pinto, and Jaelin Howell.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...908/nwsl-2016-season-wages-cap-salary-minimum

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September 15 2016 Salary Information - By Club.pdf

There are more opportunities financially for men to play professionally than women in the US. The men have USL (2nd tier) and MLS. The boys also have the D1 college soccer route, but there are less scholarship opportunites compared to women college soccer.

The rank and file NWSL players make only 17K a year and the US women national team players make a minimum of 40K a year. Compare that to the average MLS salary of 300K and the mean being 100K for the men. It's why I don't get all of the posts about Girls DA requiring to train 4-5 days a week where 99.999% of the girls will NOT be playing professionally. The goal for the girls should be playing collegiate soccer, unless they are fast tracked to play for the USWNT. Refer to Sophie Smith, Ashley Sanchez, Briana Pinto, and Jaelin Howell.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...908/nwsl-2016-season-wages-cap-salary-minimum

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September 15 2016 Salary Information - By Club.pdf
Even with a few more opportunities, the vast majority of boys will not play pro either. That said, why not try to change it on the girls side. They've proven they can draw an audience. From your posts , you appear to be on the payroll of ECNL

Real Deal, you can have your DD play NWSL soccer and make 17K a year. To put it in perspective, my DD will be receiving more than 17K a year from her soccer college athletic scholarship. After colleg soccer, she will enter the work force and I guarantee she will make more than 17K playing for a NWSL team. If she worked straight out of HS. I can pay her more than 17K a year.

Even with a few more opportunities, the vast majority of boys will not play pro either. That said, why not try to change it on the girls side. They've proven they can draw an audience. From your posts , you appear to be on the payroll of ECNL

You are missing the point. The men get paid far more than the women to play professionally. Is your DD a uolder or a ulittle player? If you ulittle, I think you need to do a lot of research on the NWSL pay scale.

Change what? There isn't a huge market for professional women soccer. It's simple supply and demand. There is no demand for it, besides little girls watching it with their parents.

Real Deal, you can have your DD play NWSL soccer and make 17K a year. To put it in perspective, my DD will be receiving more than 17K a year from her soccer college athletic scholarship. After colleg soccer, she will enter the work force and I guarantee she will make more than 17K playing for a NWSL team. If she worked straight out of HS. I can pay her more than 17K a year.
What does this have to do with Sting's statement as to why they pulled out of DA? I find that statement to be sexist.

As for my DD: She would play soccer every single day, just like your average gymnast, just to play in college

What does the NWSL salary have to do with that?

What does this have to do with Sting's statement as to why they pulled out of DA? I find that statement to be sexist.

As for my DD: She would play soccer every single day, just like your average gymnast, just to play in college

What does the NWSL salary have to do with that?

Um, did you NOT read this statement...
  • Program Goals: For female soccer players, the goal for many of them is to pursue the game at the collegiate level as scholarship athletes. While a small percentage will also play at a national team level, or professionally, the reality is the greater majority will move on to contribute amongst the top college programs across the country. The ECNL platform is proven in providing players with viable opportunities at every single level - college, national teams, or professional ranks.

The reason women don't play professionally is because there is NO money to be made, if they are NOT on the US WNT!

Why is it sexist? It's reality!

Um, did you NOT read this statement...
  • Program Goals: For female soccer players, the goal for many of them is to pursue the game at the collegiate level as scholarship athletes. While a small percentage will also play at a national team level, or professionally, the reality is the greater majority will move on to contribute amongst the top college programs across the country. The ECNL platform is proven in providing players with viable opportunities at every single level - college, national teams, or professional ranks.

The reason women don't play professionally is because there is NO money to be made, if they are NOT on the US WNT!
But the boys have little chance of playing pro as well!! Don't you see how that is a double standard???

In any case, I'm guessing DA will accomplish this goal of college as well. Hopefully they will all progressively play better soccer.

I'm sure DA will accomplish this goal as well. Hopefully they will all play better soccer.

What goal? To raise the NWSL salary? I get it you have a 04 ulittle DD and probably thought she was going to play professionally after college. If so, I hope she is on the U14 or U15 YNT pool already... if not, she will be playing literally for peanuts and that's if she plays collegiate soccer.

What does having to play good soccer have anything to do with making a livable NWSL salary?

What goal? To raise the NWSL salary? I get it you have a 04 ulittle DD and probably thought she was going to play professionally after college. If so, I hope she is on the U14 or U15 YNT pool already... if not, she will be playing literally for peanuts and that's if she plays collegiate soccer.

That's really funny.

Good luck with your ECNL salaried position. It may go away soon.

But the boys have little chance of playing pro as well!! Don't you see how that is a double standard???

In any case, I'm guessing DA will accomplish this goal of college as well. Hopefully they will all progressively play better soccer.

Big difference is, DA can care less about the kids if their not in the national team. ECNL or other leagues at least cared for a few more people. You really think GDA is being created because they really care about making the style of play better, help kids go to college, etc They saw someone else successful and making money so they said hey we can do the same thing and make that money. Well, they have their chance now.

Big difference is, DA can care less about the kids if their not in the national team. ECNL or other leagues at least cared for a few more people. You really think GDA is being created because they really care about making the style of play better, help kids go to college, etc They saw someone else successful and making money so they said hey we can do the same thing and make that money. Well, they have their chance now.
Then if ECNL cares, they can put their product somewhere beyond the OC. As long as they refuse to spread out geographically in SoCal, DA wins

Good luck with your ECNL salaried position. It will go away soon.

ECNL salaried, lmao. That's some weak ass sh*t!

Ah are you butt hurt? Did someone burst your dreams of your little Marta making millions? Sucka, you better hope all those extra DA training days pays off with a college athletic scholarship offer. Believe me NOT many Ulittle players will be recruited to play for a Power 5, Ivy League or top Mid-Major school like Santa Clara and Pepperdine.

Then if ECNL cares, they can put their product somewhere beyond the OC. As long as they refuse to spread out geographically in SoCal, DA wins

Agree DA will win in So Cal barring some bad mess up from US soccer. Most of the current ECNL clubs would prefer no change outside of maybe Legends, Albion, Carlsbad, etc where now their on even playing field. DA should win easily in any normal case in the whole country but US soccer has done so many dumb things through the years, it just makes you think can they mess this up? Maybe. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ECNL is perfect. They made mistakes as well but I think putting all they mandates when in reality you're changing nothing is just a front. Same coaches, still training similar days, and playing similar teams. Good times.

I agree, was it not said Girls DA's goal was to improve the US WNT.

Real Deal don't be butthurt!

Seriously, did you think your DD was going to make money playing professional womens soccer? Your DD is only 5 yrs younger than my DD. You need to refocus your DD goals and that's playing college soccer and getting some kind of scholarship money, because that is not a guarantee playing for Girls DA or ECNL team.

I know here in So Cal, most of the best are doing DA but interesting Sting from Texas just pulled out last week. They are arguably the best in Texas.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0121/9517/Sting_Press_Release_ECNL.pdf
It is interesting and I agree with your SoCal DA player comment as well. Solar, Lonestar, FC Dallas and (newbie) Houston will carry the DA in Texas. Sting is a very good club (not the best but close) and I appreciate their perspective for the 2017-2018 season per their press release. Seems they know their players / parents well. I think the "DA rules" (do we have those yet other than the link to the boys DA rules?) were too restrictive to their liking......and I agree. Rarely is anything "perfect" right out of the gate (Seattle Slew circa 1977 aside) but give them a year to figure their internal issues out and Sting will be a dual membership club?

Back