the most brutal soccer on earth, Calcio Storico

younothat

PREMIER
Soccer is really a contact support in disguise most of the time but when you think its rough how about some Calcio Storico

The Calcio Storico – ‘historic football’ – is an ancient form of football from the 16th century, which originated from the ancient roman ‘harpastum’, and is played in teams of 27, using both feet and hands. Sucker-punches and kicks to the head are prohibited but headbutting, punching, elbowing, and choking are all allowed
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...co-the-most-brutal-sport-on-earth-in-pictures

Think 60 Minutes or Real Sports did a piece on it. Teams usual come from surrounding towns. Family members from immediate to extended also make up the teams. It's defitinely played with pride.

No wonder the Italians perfected the art of diving! I'd go down too if I were being "defended" like that!

Some people really will believe anything they see or hear. Don't tarnish the reputation of soccer by saying this is an ancient form of soccer. This has nothing to do with soccer. Publicity maybe.
1. I didn't realize that there were soccer balls in the 16th century.
2. The history of soccer is well documented.
Everybody now expect some idiot, either at practice or at the weekend games, to try and enlighten the less informed on the origins of soccer.

Back