The inevitable Trump-mocking thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by espola, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Sheriff Joe

Sheriff Joe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,250 / 78
    OK, RFG.

2. Sheriff Joe

Ratings:
    +4,250 / 78
    Now you are a breitbarter?

3. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
  4. espola

espola Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 110
    Did Breitbart tell you there is something bad about QE?

Sucker.

5. xav10

xav10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 28
    Dennis Prager? Really? He's a total kook.

6. Lion Eyes

Lion Eyes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,121 / 17
    So far you've only commented on Prager..
    Go out on a limb...you'll be fine, don't be scared.
    Comment on the content of the article. Or not.
    After all, the only thing that matters is how you feel....:cool:

7. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
    Anyone know what's going on here?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lion Eyes

Ratings:
    +2,121 / 17
    Perhaps this will make you "feel" a bit better...but nah...I doubt it.

Here’s Why Progressives Lose Their Minds When They Lose Elections

The Left, committed to perfect social justice and unlimited government, has no way forward. For them, everything is politics.

Students are huddling in safe spaces to cry it out, protestors are storming the streets shouting #NotMyPresident, and celebrities and media personalities are in hysterics. “Saturday Night Live“ appears to have had a mental breakdown, abandoning comedy for mourning. Left-wing commentators are fighting each other on the air, and the New York Times is panicked that it has lost all credibility. In all, it appears as if Armageddon has happened.

Meanwhile, as people on the Left who are honestly seeking to understand how they lost have already recognized, there is an obvious explanation of how we got to this point. In several passionate—and vulgar—responses to the loss, the Left has correctly pointed out that you cannot call people racists and misogynists over and over and expect them to lie down and take it. At some point, they are going to turn around give you the middle finger and yell something that, as one author put it, “begins with an F and ends with a U.”

The Left has also figured out that political correctness did this. By political correctness, I mean the act of delegitimizing opposing views as unacceptable in polite, political discourse. Political correctness is the strict code of speech and action that colors every interaction in life. It has gotten us to the point where people feel unable to share what they think about reality because certain ideas are already racist, bigoted, or something else from a long list of liberal convictions. Left with no way to talk to one another, people go quiet. Only in the safety of the voting booth do they get to have their say.

Perhaps we should all take a step back and calm down. As my father reminded me, we all need to remember that this is “just politics.” The problem is, this only works for one side of the divide. One side, committed to limited government, can take a breath and move on, whether they win or lose.

The other side, committed to perfect social justice and unlimited government, has no such way forward. It is all politics. It is important that we realize there is a huge divide between how the two sides can process the outcome of any election.

Political Correctness and Liberal Hysteria Are Related
    The Left’s freak-out is connected to the political correctness that got Trump elected. The two are logical outcomes of progressive political philosophy. While some on the Left want to change back to engagement and debate, it really is not an option for their team. The Right has a political philosophy that allows for dissent, but the Left does not. The Left requires political correctness, while the Right does not.

This is because the Right has no need for strict speech codes. If you believe that men are equal in that they are all imperfect and powerless to rule others well, it follows that politics is difficult and the aims of government should be limited. If you accept that the aim of government is a limited justice that people are capable of attaining—namely, ordered liberty—then you probably think human happiness is something government cannot impart but is found elsewhere, such as in religion, virtue, or good old-fashioned wealth. If this is the case, you probably accept that people should be allowed to, and will, disagree. This means you probably enjoy conversation, reason, and graciousness toward others when you disagree.

entire article for those with the strength to carry on:
    http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/21/heres-progressives-lose-minds-lose-elections/

9. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
    Wow, we can't just be pissed because America fell for a racist liar thief con man? Everyone here knows I'm not all about being PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sheriff Joe

Ratings:
    +4,250 / 78
    No, Mr Conservative.

11. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
  12. Lion Eyes

Ratings:
    +2,121 / 17
    Absolutely...it's all about feelings....
    But you gotta agree with this little nugget :
    The Left has also figured out that political correctness did this. By political correctness, I mean the act of delegitimizing opposing views as unacceptable in polite, political discourse. Political correctness is the strict code of speech and action that colors every interaction in life. It has gotten us to the point where people feel unable to share what they think about reality because certain ideas are already racist, bigoted, or something else from a long list of liberal convictions. Left with no way to talk to one another, people go quiet. Only in the safety of the voting booth do they get to have their say.

13. xav10

xav10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 28
    It's not feelings, it's fact. We elected GW Bush twice. Now, we elected Trump. The country goes to shit when that happens. Of course we lose our minds.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. *GOBEARGO*

*GOBEARGO* Active Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 4
    I do believe there's a caricature missing? Hmmm who would that be?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. espola

espola Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 110
    Coocoo.

16. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
    You got that right. Logic had nothing to do with the election, it was all about what feels right to people, not what is right.

I have no problem with opposing views, I have friends that are all over the political spectrum. When I see racism and bigotry, I call it for what it is. That's the opposite of PC, right? If your opposing view is that Mexico sends us it's rapists and murderers and a Latin judge is unfit to render a judgment because of dump's racist comments of Latinos and you call for religious bans and you say you will help the black community, but your every action hurts them...well, maybe it's the snowflake dump supporters who need to embrace reality?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
    Ailes, yea, they missed that one...

18. Nonononono

Nonononono Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 4
    Rogers Ailes of course. Contemporaneous with our current era sexual abusers with power.

Of course, historically, if one continuously dwells on sexual abusers from two or more decades ago, you could include Clinton, Gingrich, Hassert, JFK, and LBJ.

19. Nonononono

Nonononono Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 4
    Jinx! Whiz. You owe me a coke.

Your Ailes post preceded mine. But I called jinx before you. Hence, I get the free bottle of pop.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wez

Wez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,825 / 173
    My pleasure, 5nos is so much better than 4...

• Like Like x 1