The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

Talk to their military analyst, the ex-Lt. Colonel who quit and accused them of existing solely to wind up people like you for profit.

What a hypocrite...as if your beloved news organizations aren't out for profits or feeding their base. Cmon Juan you sound silly.

Contributor Lt. Col. Ralph Peters blasts Fox News as a ‘propaganda machine’ in his parting email

Peters wrote an email to colleagues that didn’t manage to stay within the confines of the organization:
“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as [special counsel Robert S. Mueller III] — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-in-his-parting-email/?utm_term=.15acc2322923

Here you go nutters you have another military man that you can start bashing.

Contributor Lt. Col. Ralph Peters blasts Fox News as a ‘propaganda machine’ in his parting email

Peters wrote an email to colleagues that didn’t manage to stay within the confines of the organization:
“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as [special counsel Robert S. Mueller III] — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-in-his-parting-email/?utm_term=.15acc2322923

Old news... discussed on this thread already. Scroll up a few.

STRANGE

Anybody recall the media looking at Gina McCarthy’s travel expenses?

Jazz ShawPosted at 4:31 pm on March 21, 2018

ScottPruitt.jpg

The media has certainly been interested in the travel costs associated with EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, his staff and security team. Just yesterday the Washington Post ran a breathless article titled, Travel costs for EPA chief’s security detail topped $30,000 on Italy trip. There’s nothing wrong with the media keeping tabs on expenditures by government officials, of course. We want someone looking out for the taxpayer’s dime. Of course, we would expect that the coverage be somewhat fair and balanced.

See Also: Wray on McCabe: I’m adamant about keeping politics out of personnel moves

In the WaPo article, they made the “Italy trip” sound like some sort of sightseeing tour. In reality, Pruitt and his staff were attending the G7 summit, but did visit the Vatican, which the Washington Post found absolutely scandalous. But still, the cost of such things should be made available to the public, right? Oddly enough, though, it wasn’t that long ago that somebody else held the same position as Pruitt. (A couple of somebodys actually.) I don’t seem to recall this level of interest, even though Gina McCarthy and Lisa Jackson both did quite a bit of globetrotting on the taxpayer’s dime. Let’s take a short trip down memory lane and see how the two administrations stack up, shall we?

TRENDING:
Anybody recall the media looking at Gina McCarthy's travel expenses?
In 2017, Scott Pruitt and his security detail went on two overseas trips. On the G7 trip, they spent $84,000. On a separate trip to Morocco they spent $40,000. Whether or not that bill for two trips all year is excessive can remain in the eye of the beholder. But before you decide, let’s first look at how Gina McCarthy and her security detail did during the Obama administration.

In 2016, Team McCarthy made three trips spending the following amounts:
$68,382 to travel to Ghana
$45,139 to travel to Peru
$74,737 to travel to Tokyo

They were a bit more busy in 2015 it seems. McCarthy and the security team racked up the following bills:
$41,320 to travel to Paris
$90,367 to travel to Dubai
$67,702 to travel to Tokyo
$56,192 to travel to Italy

We need to pause and include a side note about that last entry. When McCarthy went on her own “Italy trip” where do you think she visited? Oh, that’s right.. it was the Vatican. Of course she was there to “discuss climate change” so I’m sure everyone’s cool with that.

Moving on, Gina McCarthy and her security detail hit the road a bit in 2014 as well.
$62,246 to travel to Vancouver (Seriously? It costs that much to go to Canada?)
$68,267 to travel to Vietnam

McCarthy and company only took one trip in 2013, spending $55,384 to travel to China.

Before McCarthy there was Lisa Jackson who also answered the beckoning call of the road on occasion. Let’s see how she and her security detail did.

2012: $64,963 to travel to Israel.
2011: $59,950 to travel to Rio De Janeiro.
2011: $51,435 to travel to Montreal.
2011: $155,763 to travel to China. (No, that wasn’t a typo. That was more than $155K for a single trip.)

Scouring the pages of the usual mainstream media outlets, I’m simply failing to find any sort of outraged pieces about how much all those trips cost or asking why there was a need for security details to accompany the EPA chiefs. But ever since Donald Trump came to town it appears to be a subject of keen interest. It almost seems as if there’s some deeper, hidden meaning here but I just can’t put my finger on it.

Reached for comment on these figures and the apparent disparity in media coverage, the EPA offered this:

The double-standard couldn’t be more clear: under Barack Obama’s EPA the media chose not to report on expenditures to protect the EPA Administrator for international travel or the costs of their trips, but under the Trump Administration the costs to protect our government officials is somehow scandalous.

– EPA spokesman, Jahan Wilcox

Funny old world, isn’t it

Why Has Fox News Analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters Left the ‘Propaganda Machine’?

The retired lieutenant colonel accused Fox of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit" and "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

"As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign," Peters wrote in his email.

"Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the 'nothing-burger' has been covered with Russian dressing all along," he added.

The longtime analyst added that "as an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true," referring to the series of memos written by British former intelligence officer Christopher Steele containing allegations of misconduct and collusion between the Trump campaign team and Russia before and during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

"That's how the Russians do things," Peters wrote. "The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow."

http://www.newsweek.com/why-has-fox-news-analyst-lt-col-ralph-peters-left-propaganda-machine-854566

Why do Fox News watching morons hate America so much - wake the fuck up idiots!

The retired lieutenant colonel accused Fox of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit" and "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

"As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign," Peters wrote in his email.

"Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the 'nothing-burger' has been covered with Russian dressing all along," he added.

The longtime analyst added that "as an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true," referring to the series of memos written by British former intelligence officer Christopher Steele containing allegations of misconduct and collusion between the Trump campaign team and Russia before and during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

"That's how the Russians do things," Peters wrote. "The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow."

http://www.newsweek.com/why-has-fox-news-analyst-lt-col-ralph-peters-left-propaganda-machine-854566

You Ok?

COOL, How Can You Not Love This?

Energy
shutterstock_180918929-e1521651345229.jpg
NATIONAL HARBOR, MD - MARCH 7, 2014: Texas Governor Rick Perry speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). Editorial credit: Christopher Halloran / Shutterstock.com)
Rick Perry Stops Uranium Sales After Lawmakers Hold Up DOE Nominee

image-1-320x150.png

Tim Pearce
Energy Reporter

1:13 PM 03/21/2018

Energy Secretary Rick Perry is placing the Department of Energy’s (DOE) uranium sales on hold for the rest of the year after a lawmaker held up a DOE nominee over the practice.

During a Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing Tuesday on the DOE’s 2019 budget, Perry told GOP Sen. John Barrasso of Wyoming the DOE would stop selling uranium for the rest of the year and possibly longer, The Washington Examiner reported.

Barrasso has blocked the Senate from confirming Anne White as the DOE assistant secretary for environmental management since January. The Wyoming senator held up White’s nomination to protest the DOE’s process of selling excess government-owned uranium, which has suppressed the domestic uranium industry, especially in Wyoming.

“You were unable to give me a firm commitment to immediately halt these barters, something that [Energy Secretary Rick] Perry has told me he wants to do,” Barrasso told White during her confirmation hearing at the beginning of the year, according to The Hill. “So for this reason, I am unable to support a confirmation at this time and withhold the confirmation until the department ends its practice of bartering excess uranium.”

Barrasso’s office has not indicated whether the senator will lift the hold on White’s confirmation.

If confirmed, White will oversee DOE environmental cleanup operations, which are often financed through the sale of excess uranium.

Follow Tim Pearce on Twitter

He'll wind up at CNN or MSLSD, both known for their unbiased and truthful reporting.

:cool:

Would have been better if he would have given his resignation on air like Howard Beale in Network... but still hard not to respect the hell out of this guy.

Although how anyone could be surprised that Fox New (where the two major shareholders are by a Billionaire who lives in Australia, and a Saudi Prince who was recently arrested for corruption) doesn't really give a hoot about 'merica... is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
Back