The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

BLOG

HEADLINES
tribble.png

Breaking: FBI arrests top FEMA administrator, two others for Hurricane Maria relief fraud

ED MORRISSEY Posted at 2:01 pm on September 10, 2019

So was Donald Trump right about corruption in Puerto Rico’s use of relief funds? Kinda. The FBI arrested one of the top administrators of FEMA and the CEO of a contractor on wire fraud and bribery charges, along with a lower-level FEMA official today for fraud and bribery involving Hurricane Maria relief. The contractor got a $1.8 billion contract for rebuilding Puerto Rico’s notoriously unreliable electrical infrastructure, which the Department of Justice says came by way of bribery (via Twitchy):

Two former FEMA officials, including one of the agency’s top administrators, were arrested on federal fraud and bribery charges in connection with their work in Puerto Rico since Hurricane Maria hit the island in 2017.

The FBI also arrested the ex-president of Cobra Acquisitions, contracted to work with federal officials on the restoration of Puerto Rico’s power grid, which sustained widespread damages in the storm.

CBS’ reporter in Puerto Rico, David Begnaud, tweeted out the Department of Justice press release on the arrest and indictments. Begnaud also named names, as well as published their pictures. He also notes that Donald Trump has been vocal about suspected corruption in regard to Hurricane Maria relief, and that this tends to corroborate those suspicions:

David Begnaud

✔@DavidBegnaud

BREAKING: The FEMA official in Puerto Rico, in charge of power restoration after Hurricane Maria, has been arrested by the FBI, as has the fmr. CEO of Cobra Energy (which got $1.8B in contracts) & a 2nd FEMA official...all accused of enriching themselves & defrauding the fed govt

8:50 AM - Sep 10, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

9,467 people are talking about this

David Begnaud

✔@DavidBegnaud

· 18h

.@POTUS has accused the Puerto Rico govt of being corrupt, & they are in some ways, & have been, but today’s corruption arrests involve 3 individuals, 2 of whom for the federal govt, (1 who’s an energy CEO); all are accused of corruption to the tune of nearly 2 billion dollars.

David Begnaud

✔@DavidBegnaud

By name they are: Ahsha Nateef Tribble, a FEMA Region II, Deputy Regional Administrator; Donald Keith Ellison, former President of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC; and Jovanda R. Patterson, a.k.a. “Jo/Jojo,” former FEMA Deputy Chief of Staff

Trump’s accusations usually are directed at officials in Puerto Rico rather than the federal government. Nonetheless, this semi-corroboration of Trump’s longstanding accusations might account for the light media coverage of these arrests. It’s been a busy news day thus far, but as of 1:30 pm ET, only Begnaud and an NBC affiliate in San Francisco bothered to report on these arrests. That seems a little strange for fraud involving such a controversial topic like Hurricane Maria relief.

Two of these three defendants are big deals. Donald Keith Ellison was CEO of Cobra Acquisitions until June of this year, a company big enough to bid on a $1.8 billion government contract … in one way or another. Ahsha Nateef Tribble was FEMA’s Deputy Regional Administrator and assigned to run the power rebuilding effort in Puerto Rico. Jovanda Patterson was no slouch either, being assigned as FEMA’s Deputy Chief of Staff in San Juan — until she went to work for Ellison in July of last year, a move that might have tipped off the FBI about the potential for shenanigans. All three could face 30-year sentences, but likely will be subject to lesser penalties if convicted, as are most first-time offenders.

California’s Dem Officials Fear Trump Will Treat the Homeless Better Than They Do

Posted at 1:02 am on September 11, 2019 by Jennifer Van Laar

As covered earlier today, homeless people in Los Angeles are dying in record numbers as a result of the “caring” neglect their government has inflicted upon them.

Fortunately, representatives from the Trump administration are in Los Angeles to get a firsthand look at conditions on the ground and meet with local officials. The Washington Post reported:

Administration officials have discussed using the federal government to get homeless people off the streets of Los Angeles and other cities and into new government-backed facilities, according to two officials briefed on the planning.

Among the ideas under consideration are razing existing tent camps for the homeless, creating new temporary facilities and refurbishing existing government facilities, two other officials said. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because the planning hasn’t been publicly revealed. The changes would attempt to give the federal government a larger role in supervising housing and health care for residents.

Response from the Golden State’s Democrat elite to the news of federal interest and involvement in the issue was mixed. Los Angeles City Councilman Mike Bonin quickly Chicken-Littled on Twitter.

Inhumane treatment? Do you mean like the homeless man who was burned alive on Skid Row just a few weeks ago? Or the man suffering delusions and chronic mental illness who was found dead on Sepulveda Boulevard in Westwood on September 1? Or maybe the people sleeping in a Taco Bell parking lot in Bonin’s own district?

“Every level of government — including federal — should step up and put skin in the game. If the president is willing to put serious solutions — with real investment — on the table, California stands ready to talk. He could start by ending his plans to cut food stamps, gut health care for low-income people, and scare immigrant families from accessing government services.”

Just a little.

People in Los Angeles and its suburbs are sick of political posturing and bickering. As conditions worsen by the week, they just want the blustering idiots who’ve created the problem to stop playing games with their lives.

Who did you vote for in 2008, 2012 and 2016?

Not the dude borrowing from my kid's future for "Laugher Curve" rainbows and unicorns.

There's an interesting old tale about grasshopper and ants by some Greek dude (yeah, I know. He might have been a little brown, but not too much - it's ok. The "West" adopted him, along with alcohol [as you know] and algebra and a few other "brown" things...) Might be worth a read, if you could read. But I'm sure there's a picture book. Have one of your undocumented Standard Brand friends pick it up for you. They can explain the pictures while you sip the sterno...

Not the dude borrowing from my kid's future for "Laugher Curve" rainbows and unicorns.

There's an interesting old tale about grasshopper and ants by some Greek dude (yeah, I know. He might have been a little brown, but not too much - it's ok. The "West" adopted him, along with alcohol [as you know] and algebra and a few other "brown" things...) Might be worth a read, if you could read. But I'm sure there's a picture book. Have one of your undocumented Standard Brand friends pick it up for you. They can explain the pictures while you sip the sterno...
That “dude” that borrowed 6 plus years of QE from your sons future while you stood at the spigot.....boy?

Meanwhile, in other Con news...

Why is North Korea testing missiles again?

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/arti...ampaign=tw_daily_soc&utm_source=twitter_posts
Both South Korea and the United States went to great lengths to downplay the tests’ significance. To be sure, Kim hasn’t broken any promises he has made to the United States since 2018. North Korea’s self-imposed moratorium on missile testing, declared explicitly in April of that year, applied only to intercontinental range ballistic missiles (ICBMs). In an interview following the May 4 test, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stated that the United States believes that North Korea remains in compliance, noting that the moratorium “was focused, very focused, on intercontinental missile systems, the ones that threaten the United States for sure.” Pompeo did not mention standing UN Security Council Resolutions that prohibit any ballistic missile tests by North Korea.

Valerie Plame Lied To Voters In Her Very First Campaign Ad
September 9th, 2019
Screen-ShotValerie-Plame-for-CongressYoutube-e1568060531634.jpg

Screen Shot:Valerie Plame for Congress:Youtube

Former CIA spy Valerie Plame released her first campaign ad for Congress on Monday. In the ad she lies that former Vice President Dick Cheney and his chief of staff Scooter Libby Scooter betrayed her.

“I come from Ukrainian-Jewish immigrants. My dad was in the Air Force, my brother almost died in Vietnam. My service was cut short when my own government betrayed me,” Plame says in the video.

However, Plame’s government did not betray her. Libby did not leak Plame’s identity as a CIA officer, Richard Armitage did. Armitage and the columnist to whom he leaked, Robert Novak, have both confirmed that. (RELATED: Trump Pardons Scooter Libby – The Two Facts You Need To Know)

President Donald Trump pardoned Libby in April of 2018, telling reporters at the White House, “I don’t know Mr. Libby, but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”

Plame, who was exposed during her time at the CIA under former President George W. Bush, announced May 9 that she would be running for Congress in New Mexico as a Democrat.

In the ad, Plame suggests she was stationed in Iran and the DPRK, which she was not. She also uses the CIA seal, which is illegal, as use the use of official government seals and logos without permission is restricted by federal law. (RELATED: Outed CIA Agent Valerie Plame To Run For Congress In New Mexico)

Plame also randomly mentions that she is descended from “Ukrainian-Jewish immigrants,” after being accused of being anti-Semitic. In 2017, Plame retweeted an article titled “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars” from a website run by a Holocaust denier. The article said that Jewish people “own the media,” and that their beliefs were as dangerous as “a bottle of rat poison.”

“The only thing I focused on in that article was: I thought it was a very bad idea to get out of the Iran nuclear deal,” she told CNN’s John Berman in May. “I stupidly did not read the rest of the article. When I did, I was really horrified. It’s anti-Semitic.”

That's the Cheney/Libby line. Read a little further, outside your comfort zone sources. The Novak/Armitage story is not as clean-cut as Cheney and his friends would like us to believe.

What they didn't bring up in their defense, which is, in my opinion, a more valid excuse, is that even though she was officially undercover, anyone who had been paying attention (people like Soviet and then Russian spooks) already had good reason to believe she was a CIA plant. She had been a State Department consular officer overseas (a common hiding place for CIA guys) and then worked for a consulting firm that was a CIA front. Her "undercover" status was only of value in situations that didn't have the resources to figure out which people were not really what they said they were, or just didn't care as long as they didn't interfere with business. One example of that is the Niger uranium industry.

Novak thought he was just reporting what was common knowledge in the Swamp, and Armitage was his confirmational source.

So, who did you vote for in 2008, 2012 and 2018?
Really not that hard of a question for a self proclaimed smart guy like yourself, unless of course you are embarrassed.

Back