The Brag Thread

Discussion in 'GOALKEEPER Forum' started by Grace T., Aug 30, 2018.

1. Keeper07

Keeper07 Bronze

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    We’re a bit late for this but my dd and I wanted to give props to the g07 keeper from DV7. We saw her play right before our game against surf. Great keep, character, and presence on the field.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Soccermom5

Soccermom5 Bronze

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    That’s awesome that you would put that out there praising her and giving her props! Keepers have it rough out there and any positive comments mean so much to them. I’m not familiar with DV7 but sounds like theyre a lucky club to have her

• Like Like x 2
  3. Soccermom5

Soccermom5 Bronze

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I’m new to this forum and I love reading all about your keepers and hearing about their successes on this thread!

A little brag for my keeper—she was selected to try out in the ODP pool. She has tryouts this weekend. She’s among about 75 or so other athletes that were selected in all of Southern California, and I’m sure there will be a handful of other keepers there competing for the spot. I’m a nervous wreck for her! Amazing opportunity for her and honor just to try out. Hope she does her best :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Technician72

Technician72

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 8
    Congrats to your little one, tell her to have fun and enjoy the time with her. The process is part talent and part luck, especially for a keeper hoping that they watch when she makes the big save!

In terms of advice, let her know to do her best to communicate out there so the coaches can hear her. Depending on the team she's on during the scrimmages, she may not see a lot of action and has to purposely stand out in other ways. Directing traffic on the field is underappreciated but not unnoticed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Soccermom5

Soccermom5 Bronze

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks for the advice! Fortunately for her, she’s a chatty keeper (bossy seems to describe her best actually lol).

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. RedCard

RedCard Bronze

Ratings:
    +167 / 1
    I 2nd that. Make sure she talks A LOT to her defenders and other teammates. My DD (G05) was selected for the tryouts along with 3 other keepers. Out of all the scrimmages during the 3 days of tryouts, my DD was the only keeper to allow no goals while making some tough saves. She didn't get picked because she wasn't vocal enough. Even the other parents were surprised as anyone would take a keeper making saves over being more vocal which can be worked on more easier. The ODP 05 team went on to lost to Southern Nevada 3-2 during the ODP Western Championship in early January. Sucks but I'm sure the keepers were vocal...

• Agree Agree x 1