Thanksgiving Tournaments

Soccer83

SILVER
Looks like Silverlakes will be hosting a Thanksgiving Tournament for Youngers as well.
What team is going were?

Tournaments are quickly becoming a waste of time and team money. It seems that as the money clubs get larger, the tournaments that they host become nothing more than hosting club teams playing each other. In the case of Silverlakes, it will be a Legends fest at most of the age groups. In years past, the nice thing about Surf Challenge was that there were plenty of out of area teams that took the opportunity to vacation in San Diego since they have the week off of school and a few days off of work. I guess it is possible that Norco becomes a world class vacation destination, just not in my lifetime.

Tournaments are quickly becoming a waste of time and team money. It seems that as the money clubs get larger, the tournaments that they host become nothing more than hosting club teams playing each other. In the case of Silverlakes, it will be a Legends fest at most of the age groups. In years past, the nice thing about Surf Challenge was that there were plenty of out of area teams that took the opportunity to vacation in San Diego since they have the week off of school and a few days off of work. I guess it is possible that Norco becomes a world class vacation destination, just not in my lifetime.
I believe teams enter these tourneys for the coaches resume as much as the players.

You are forgetting a Slammers and CDA Slammers fest too. Beach is in there as well.

There is a partnership there.

This age I hear Silverlakes will be:

Legends
Legends West
Legends South
Slammers PA
CDA Slammers Cruz
Fullerton Rangers
Albion
A few more. I am sure a Beach team or two as well.

At the same time it weakens Surf T Day:

Surf
Surf Green
LA Galaxy SD
Blues
Ole
Arsenal LA
Crossfire
Heat
A few more I am sure it will get to 12.

Eagles I hear is not playing in anything. LA Galaxy SB, what are you doing? LA Galaxy OC? Others?

I agree just stay home. What is a T Day Tourney going to get your Daughter when it comes to the big picture?

You are forgetting a Slammers and CDA Slammers fest too. Beach is in there as well.

There is a partnership there.

This age I hear Silverlakes will be:

Legends
Legends West
Legends South
Slammers PA
CDA Slammers Cruz
Fullerton Rangers
Albion
A few more. I am sure a Beach team or two as well.

At the same time it weakens Surf T Day:

Surf
Surf Green
LA Galaxy SD
Blues
Ole
Arsenal LA
Crossfire
Heat
A few more I am sure it will get to 12.

Eagles I hear is not playing in anything. LA Galaxy SB, what are you doing? LA Galaxy OC? Others?

I agree just stay home. What is a T Day Tourney going to get your Daughter when it comes to the big picture?
This is the first year in three years that we will not be playing at Surf for Thanksgiving. I am so grateful to not have to pack up after our Thanksgiving meal at my in-laws and take off for San Diego late at night. I can't wait to have a relaxing Thanksgiving with my family.

Back