Tech Specs - 2018 Legends Classic (06 - Gold Flight) - Tech Specs

Yes, big thanks to Rebels SC and Abel Martinez for having her this weekend. Always fun for her to make new friends, get some extra touches and looks.

Your girls cracked one that almost broke the crossbar, not even my Giant was getting that one. Great game!
Thanks for your DD for guesting. She made a huge difference. Was cool see her take control and call out to our players.. Good luck with the season.

Sounds like they employed same strategy as they did in Nat Cup? Pack it down.
In National Cup, I could understand why employing tactics may have been a calculated risk, but the majority of the time I saw Blues play, they went toe to toe with other teams. From what I saw this weekend, they played aggressive and didn't sit back, but I wasn't able to catch the final. A 0-0 draw could very well have been a back and forth battle with neither team conceding in regulation.

In National Cup, I could understand why employing tactics may have been a calculated risk, but the majority of the time I saw Blues play, they went toe to toe with other teams. From what I saw this weekend, they played aggressive and didn't sit back, but I wasn't able to catch the final. A 0-0 draw could very well have been a back and forth battle with neither team conceding in regulation.
Just referring to last game due to lack of scoring. Not to entire tourney, but appreciate your 2 cents.

(Maybe to last game in bracket play also since they both were 0-0 final scores, but that probably was just back and forth without conversion on both sides, I figure). Regardless, good insight.

Sounds like they employed same strategy as they did in Nat Cup? Pack it down.
Nope. Hard fought game with a handful of opportunities on both sides. Legends is a quality side with some great talent all over the field, and Blues battled them to an even game. I don't think you will see Blues use the same strategy as the last two games in National Cup with their new line-up, unless they are ahead and just trying to preserve the lead. They do need to figure out how to score with their primary goal scorer from last year out with injury, but the additions this year bring some offense and a good presence in the middle. As someone mentioned, Legends was also without one of their best forwards for this game. Not sure how often these two teams will meet up this year as I think they are in different leagues, but it was a fun game to watch.

Nope. Hard fought game with a handful of opportunities on both sides. Legends is a quality side with some great talent all over the field, and Blues battled them to an even game. I don't think you will see Blues use the same strategy as the last two games in National Cup with their new line-up, unless they are ahead and just trying to preserve the lead. They do need to figure out how to score with their primary goal scorer from last year out with injury, but the additions this year bring some offense and a good presence in the middle. As someone mentioned, Legends was also without one of their best forwards for this game. Not sure how often these two teams will meet up this year as I think they are in different leagues, but it was a fun game to watch.
Blues is definitely more dynamic now in the midfield, the silver lining with a primary scorer being out is the team may find themselves learning to create more opportunities via multiple players having to attack from midfield upward.

Back