Team fees?

Good to see such a range.
The surprising part is the range for uniforms.
For those paying more than $300- what does that include? (How many game jerseys, shorts, socks, practice shirts? Does it include warmups or backpacks?)

We paid $1,500 for club fees for B08. It includes shorts, socks, training shirts, jacket, ball, bag and use of jerseys (club keeps at end of season), gk training weekly starting in Aug and two 6 weeks skills clinics. We play local tournaments and there's an additional $400.

For those paying more than $300- what does that include? (How many game jerseys, shorts, socks, practice shirts? Does it include warmups or backpacks?)
Bought 2 full kits and socks, 2 practice shirts, backpack (not mandatory), warmup suit (which was optional, really), and I added some practice shorts (since I was already ordering online).

LA Premier DA fees, from http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/la-premier-fc-da-opinions-thoughts.1624/

2kids&asoccerball posted:
"The cost of playing DA at LA Premier is $2850 which includes uniforms, training gear, 4 training days per week, baseline concussion testing, heart monitoring, Athletic Gaines training, and registration. It does not include travel expenses. It was mentioned several times that applications for scholarships are readily available. DAII teams will pay less, but uniforms and training gear will not be included."

Tudela FC fees, from http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/introducing-tudela-fc-la.2192/

KJR posted:
"The club fees are $2400/year. There are some additional team/player fees (for tournaments and kits). So that's all pretty standard; Jacob coached at Beach for years, and we're following their model. We are exploring other sponsorships and grants, which may impact those fees, and no player will be turned away for being unable to pay. We already have a significant percentage of scholarship players, and that diversity and inclusion is an important part of our project."

How's this for crazy? We are living in the Boston area at the moment and my 2007 DD plays U10.

$2,800 for fees (which includes 11 months of training 3x week, fall & spring leagues, indoor turf & futsal all winter). Thankfully, coaches are top notch. No daddy coaches.

$495 for her kit (20 + pieces including winter coat, spring coat, 3 different color game uniforms, practice kits, back pack, pinnies, etc.)

$1,175 in fees for 10 tournaments.

$4,000 in travel expenses (approximately) for 4 out of state tournaments, two of which require plane tickets.

$450 (total for the year) for private lessons (about 10 sessions) for "tune up" issues. Splits the cost with a teammate so it's $45/hr. instead of $80/hr.

Add in indoor shoes, firm ground cleats, turf shoes, Christmas presents for the coach & manager, occasional t-shirt at the tournaments, gas to and from games and practice (thankfully we are very close to the facility and have a great carpool) and that's probably another $1,000 when all is said and done.

How's this for crazy? We are living in the Boston area at the moment and my 2007 DD plays U10.

$2,800 for fees (which includes 11 months of training 3x week, fall & spring leagues, indoor turf & futsal all winter). Thankfully, coaches are top notch. No daddy coaches.

$495 for her kit (20 + pieces including winter coat, spring coat, 3 different color game uniforms, practice kits, back pack, pinnies, etc.)

$1,175 in fees for 10 tournaments.

$4,000 in travel expenses (approximately) for 4 out of state tournaments, two of which require plane tickets.

$450 (total for the year) for private lessons (about 10 sessions) for "tune up" issues. Splits the cost with a teammate so it's $45/hr. instead of $80/hr.

Add in indoor shoes, firm ground cleats, turf shoes, Christmas presents for the coach & manager, occasional t-shirt at the tournaments, gas to and from games and practice (thankfully we are very close to the facility and have a great carpool) and that's probably another $1,000 when all is said and done.

Why are u10s playing in out of state tournaments?

Maybe fees aren't as crazy here because there is more competition? Parents, for the most part, have several options for clubs. I think parents here would laugh if they were told it would be that much for their 9-10 year old to play soccer.

$2100/year, plus uniform kit every two years ($120), practice gear as needed (shirt,shorts,socks $38). Two practices a week, plus optional agility/conditioning offered 5 nights of the week during fall season (offered to all members of the club), so if you want you could do 2 regular practices and then 2 or 3 nights of Agility/Conditioning. Includes State Cup/League Cup.

$50/year Futsal Fees, for 5 regular season games and 3 game tournament at the end of season.
Usually 2 beach tournaments at $50/each.

Additional tournament fees are usually, $50 to $65 /tournament depending on how many tournaments we decide to play.

Add to that all travel expenses.

Good to see such a range.
The surprising part is the range for uniforms.
My kid's former club had uniform "requirement" that was insane. Backpacks, 3 game kits (home, away, & alternate color), 3 different color practice shirts, practice shorts and socks, warm-up sweats, and all were "mandatory" and that didn't even count the two keeper jerseys on top of it. What a racket. One lesson we learned is that fancy gear doesn't improve coaching or results. LOL

My kid's former club had uniform "requirement" that was insane. Backpacks, 3 game kits (home, away, & alternate color), 3 different color practice shirts, practice shorts and socks, warm-up sweats, and all were "mandatory" and that didn't even count the two keeper jerseys on top of it. What a racket. One lesson we learned is that fancy gear doesn't improve coaching or results. LOL
We are going from 1 pair of shorts to 2 pairs. The kids/parents were concerned about wearing the wrong ones and having to change on the fields. We decided to stick with one color for all the games. Can't imagine 3!

Hi all,

I am just curious what the typical fee is to be on a team is.

I don't need to know which club, I just want to know what it costs:

Registration?
Monthly?
Extra for tournaments, etc?

Thanks
Brett
As far as I can see it all depends where you live, go and club wise...so it's a huge range. Sometimes you get what you pay, sometimes you don't.

Usually, those requirements are "mandatory" because the club negotiated a deal with the supplier (Adidas, Nike etc) to be an "official ____ club." The club agrees to require that all their kids purchase a certain number of products and the supplier agrees to give the club a percentage of receipts. It's a fundraiser for the club. Effectively, the parents are the ones making the contribution, although it least their kids get something in return in terms of uniforms etc.

Back