Team fees?

soloyosh

SILVER
Hi all,

I am just curious what the typical fee is to be on a team is.

I don't need to know which club, I just want to know what it costs:

Registration?
Monthly?
Extra for tournaments, etc?

Thanks
Brett

Hi all,

I am just curious what the typical fee is to be on a team is.

I don't need to know which club, I just want to know what it costs:

Registration?
Monthly?
Extra for tournaments, etc?

Thanks
Brett

What age group are you looking at? That makes a difference.

2005 girls estimate:
Club fee: $1,800 - $2,800
Kit: $200 - $300 (some of the more expensive clubs include the kit, so I was told)
Tournaments: Local tournaments are around $50-$100 per
Additional costs: Travel for longer distance tournaments, coaches per diem if out of county, coaches travel cost, gift for team manager and coach during the holidays, etc...
Without any out of area travel and around five tournaments I would expect to spend a minimum of $3,000 to $5,000. Plus gas, food, hoodies, t-shitrs, etc... that you will end up buying.

2005 girls estimate:
Club fee: $1,800 - $2,800
Kit: $200 - $300 (some of the more expensive clubs include the kit, so I was told)
Tournaments: Local tournaments are around $50-$100 per
Additional costs: Travel for longer distance tournaments, coaches per diem if out of county, coaches travel cost, gift for team manager and coach during the holidays, etc...
Without any out of area travel and around five tournaments I would expect to spend a minimum of $3,000 to $5,000. Plus gas, food, hoodies, t-shitrs, etc... that you will end up buying.
Thank you

None in particular. Just trying to get an idea of what it's like out there.

Fees: about 2000, more if you want the backpack and jacket
Tournaments: I think we spend around 700 just in fees (surf tourneys expensive)
I don't even want to know what we spent on hotels, gas, food, Starbucks on away games and tournaments. A lot. But there is definitely a way to keep costs down: carpool, bring your own food, etc.
Also don't forget the additional cost if your team does indoor, futsal, speed and agility.

No wonder we can't afford that European vacation!

Fees: about 2000, more if you want the backpack and jacket
Tournaments: I think we spend around 700 just in fees (surf tourneys expensive)
I don't even want to know what we spent on hotels, gas, food, Starbucks on away games and tournaments. A lot. But there is definitely a way to keep costs down: carpool, bring your own food, etc.
Also don't forget the additional cost if your team does indoor, futsal, speed and agility.

No wonder we can't afford that European vacation!

I forgot the cost of 2-3 pairs of cleats a year, indoor soccer shoes, extra practice shirts and shorts, and SOCKS, which are constantly lost or need replacing. This alone is 300-400.

Our club ranges from about $125 - $200 per month for 10-11 months a year. That's just team fees (trainer/coach fees, tournaments, league, refs, state cup and pretty much everything we do as a team) on top of that is registration and uniforms. Which are about $700-$800 combined. So looking at around $2,100 to $2,900. Not including backpacks, warm ups, travel, Starbucks and all that stuff. Just actual playing costs. And we're a "bigger club".

You will pay more for better real estate. If your team practices on nice fields with lights and bathrooms the dues will be higher. If your club crams 4 teams on 1 field and plays under lights from a noisy generator, your monthly dues should be less.

I have heard some parents say their South Bay area club is $4,000/year. I have seen not seen a price list so can't confirm.

For our 2008 entry level team it's $1400-1500. Includes his once a week goalkeeper trainer and goalkeeper kit, but excludes the regular kit, tournament fees, Friday Academy for field players, and they plan on doing some fundraisers too. It's also on the larger end of U9 teams (12 players) and only 1 far away tournie.

2005 kid. We were less than a $1000 for the year for everything, (Kit and Tourney's included) but our coaches aren't paid as they took two Extra teams, combined, and carried over to a Club. It does include a trainer on Saturdays provided by the club. It will go up as we switch fields this year.

Just gave two checks totaling $800 for one month of dance(included a competition this month), so everyone here is getting a great deal no matter what they pay. :)

2005 team... We pay around $1400 for club fee. Team fee runs around $450 and uniforms (every two years) are around $350. Only thing not included in the fees is hotel expenses for the coach.

2005 team: We paid about $1,450 all in for club, tournaments, coach stipend, weekly Skills, etc. $375 for uniforms and bags. No big travel tournament this year we all agreed.

Back