Team Dinner in Oceanside/Carsbad ?

BBJ

BRONZE
Hey SoCal friends

We're traveling to SoCal for ManCity -- our team is playing in Oceanside, and staying in Carlsbad -- does anyone have any recommendations for a team get-together / dinner that does not require a reservation at a sit-down restaurant. (I don't want to track down families to commit, collect payments, etc). Is there a place where everyone can meet up, order their own food, and kids can just hang out?. Are there places on the beach in Carlsbad with food stands for example? Other ideas for an easy team dinner without reservations? 'appreciate any tips from the locals

I like places like you're talking about. In the Carlsbad/Oceanside area, I don't know of any places. Encinitas isn't too far and the Crack Shack is a good spot where everyone can order individually and there's plenty of seating/room for the kids without a reservation. Phil's BBQ is farther away but also a good spot also.

In Carlsbad, I'm a fan of Le Papagayo Carlsbad. They've done a great job of handling our big parties without a reservation. It's not exactly what you're asking for but it's a great spot with plenty of room in a nice area.

Windmill food hall in Carlsbad right off of Palomar airport road lots of different selections and a little arcade area. Also the mall in Carlsbad has a few restaurants Dave and busters is located there too.

BJs off Palomar or Draft Republic as other have mentioned both could accommodate a soccer team

Pizza Port off Carlsbad Village

If you're ok with families splitting up or if different people want different things the Villiage in Carlsbad is nice + everything is walkable.

- Pizza Port has a new deck + much more seating
- Park 101 food truck type dining + a full bar and an area for kids to play.
- Vigiluccis higher end Italian with a bar (limited seating)
- Vai Vai higher end Italian (limited seating)
- Garcias consistantly good Mexican (limited seating)
- Nick's on State very good seafood / steak full bar (not a place for a full soccer team but nice for just parents or a single family)
- Compas more of a bar than a restaurant good drinks and food (very limited seating)
- Handles Ice Cream kids love this place

Above is a short + incomplete list of downtown Carlsbad.

If you're coming down from LA + want to beat the traffic the Surfliner (train) used to be the way to go but unfortunately there was a slide in San Clemente which blocked the tracks. They're working to address but not sure of the timeline.

A good lunch place is the Oceanside Board & Brew on El Camino Real just north of the 78 interchange. They have a patio area that may be big enough to accomodate your group.

Also the mall in Carlsbad has a few restaurants Dave and busters is located there too.

I was gonna suggest Dave & Busters too.
Kids can go play games as parents down a cold one or two...
And they're good about splitting checks as I know no one really wants to foot the bill and try to collect later...

Back