Surf v Silverlakes Showcase

BigSoccer

SILVER ELITE
I am sure this has been covered before but which is better for boys and girls? I do understand the heat issue of it all but other aspects please.

I would say that in summer Surf has the better venue for the players due to the temperature. At thanksgiving I would say Silverlakes is better and has the better facility as less likely to close if there is rain/won’t have issues with the parking lots.

Little extra things can sway the events either way for some. Surf has the history and things like the Nike store and tunnel entrance which kids like. Silverlakes has the bar/restaurant which the college coaches and parents like.

I have refereed both tournaments and prefer Surf. Surf Cup has the history and is known through the country. Both Surf Cup venues have good fields. Weather at both Surf Cup venues is far superior to Silverlakes. Why would anyone want to play in Norco at the beginning of August in that heat? Surf Cup has always been managed extremely well. Surf Cup has an overall better group of higher level referees. Surf Cup pulls referees from all across the country. Silverlakes does have a restaurant and alcohol. Getting in and out of Silverlakes and the Polo Fields is about the same while Oceanside is easy.

Getting in and out of Silverlakes and the Polo Fields is about the same while Oceanside is easy.
Both Silverlakes and Polo is a nightmare for traffic, especially after the problems at the Man City Tournament. With that being said, at least the Polo Fields has the San Diego Traffic Control Officers helping out especially at the main entrance. And I'm sure things will get better after all the construction or whatever their doing there. At Silverlakes, you need to gun it sometimes, and don't dare roll back onto the spikes or POP goes the tire...

My kids played in both over the years.
Surf Cup for sure. All 4 kids had better college exposure and eventually were recruited from playing at one of the Surf Cups.
Silver lakes is very nice and a good option, but overall I’d choose Surf Cup.

Back