Surf Thanksgiving Poll

Who will win Surf thanksgiving

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willy

SILVER
Thought it would be fun to try a poll on this new forum and with the talent at Surf thanksgiving this is a perfect place to try it out. This is just for fun, so take it or leave it.

This poll would only allow for 10 spaces, so with 16 teams I had to push a bunch of teams into the "other" pile. If you pick other than write the team you think just for discussion purposes.

I'm taking the eagles as a true homer pick! It will be a tough road for them, but I think they have the stuff to get there if they can bring their A game to every match.

Should be a fun weekend of soccer.... Hoping the rain stays away so we can get full games all tournament!

Flight 2 was kinda crazy in the semis . My daughters team played Encinitas...the girls had to get used to their method of playing... we must have had 10 offsides calls .. encinitas scored in the first half .. slightly questionable and refs were divided on if it was or wasn't..they decided it was. On to second half... 20 minutes in they score a great goal and we kinda gave up and are starting to pack up our stuff... rain coming down. Then a breakaway ... we score. 2 minutes later we score again... then with like 2 minutes left we score another to win.

We had a great fun weekend.

Flight 2 was kinda crazy in the semis . My daughters team played Encinitas...the girls had to get used to their method of playing... we must have had 10 offsides calls .. encinitas scored in the first half .. slightly questionable and refs were divided on if it was or wasn't..they decided it was. On to second half... 20 minutes in they score a great goal and we kinda gave up and are starting to pack up our stuff... rain coming down. Then a breakaway ... we score. 2 minutes later we score again... then with like 2 minutes left we score another to win.

Semi finals pushed back do to heavy rain last night, project start time is 11:15.

My daughter's team played your daughter's team in the CRL showcase and and the the 1st game of the Surf tournament. We find a way to lose (or guys find a way to win) every time. CCU was over our girl's heads talent wise, but they kept fighting. Good luck to you in the finals.

Just as a note, I'm glad nobody picked the out-of-state teams to win it.

My daughter's team played your daughter's team in the CRL showcase and and the the 1st game of the Surf tournament. We find a way to lose (or guys find a way to win) every time. CCU was over our girl's heads talent wise, but they kept fighting. Good luck to you in the finals.

Thank you! Our girls were able to get a win today in the finals and some really nice sweatshirts. Made ruining my boots a bit less annoying. And actually very happy we did win against CCU who had terrible parental behavior... cursing and aggressive... in front of their own 2 year olds (and my 6 Year old)... made the win even better!

Yes, Congrats to Surf! They are a force to be reckoned with!!
Wind and wet fields made it a game of two halves and we didn't capitalize on our chances when we had the wind to our back. Surf made us pay as they put in three great goals in a row in the second half. Overall it was a great tournament and I'm proud of the way our team and my DD played.
Our next match up in league cup on Saturday is CCU, so hopefully all of us parents can be on better behavior!

Thank you! Our girls were able to get a win today in the finals and some really nice sweatshirts. Made ruining my boots a bit less annoying. And actually very happy we did win against CCU who had terrible parental behavior... cursing and aggressive... in front of their own 2 year olds (and my 6 Year old)... made the win even better!
Congrats! I watched you guys play a bit and loved how they never gave up. Probably easy to have folded in a few of those games (particularly once the sun disappeared) but they played to the whistle every time.

Wow-- way to go Surf teams winning every Flight One age group except for U-teenie. That's impressive.

Also congrats to Strikers... and also Eagles, a team that has been quietly good all season in this age group.
Congrats Surf. Pure domination at all age groups 03-07. Great results!

Back