Surf Cup

A team from Novi, MI. Population 55,000 comes to Surf Cup and makes short work of TFA in the finals. Way to go Michigan!

Novi is suburban Detroit, hardly the UP. Jaguars appear to be a typical suburban megaclub. They have 86 teams, TFA has 14.
Definitely a strong club, but not a USSDA member. Vardar and Wolves, both USSDA clubs with U12 squads also in suburban Detroit, presumably have their pick of the top area players normally. Suggests there is plenty of talent there.

Talent-rich? Having seen the game, I'm skeptical, Dargle. They thrashed us properly, but it was hardly an occasion to renew optimism for the future of American soccer or find new respect for the soccer culture of suburban Detroit. To the contrary, I'm sorry to say. TheyGrowEmBiginMichigan isn't just a point of pride, it was the operating strategy.

Vardar and Wolves, both USSDA clubs with U12 squads also in suburban Detroit, presumably have their pick of the top area players normally.

Normally, you'd think so, but from what I hear, many families in the area don't like the idea of hauling out of state every other weekend, and are opting out of DA at the younger ages. I gather the Jaguars actually strengthened this spring.

Word on the streets is that Geo was wiping Willie's team in the first half and got the call to back off. not unlike TFA, would've been nice to see TFAII play for the title. here come the "that would never happen at our club, WE'RE TFA!!. thing is I know people, and I'm certain this happened.

I saw couple of them Michigan boys and they are huge, and could of sworn I saw 1 of them parking team van :) LOL;

After speaking to couple of spectators who watched the finals, and are NOT affiliated with either team, Michigan team 1st touch was horrible, could not connect more than 2 passes, and played long ball to their striker the entire game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT bashing Michigan team, just relaying info from people who saw the FINALS>

Beating TFA 2006 Academy team is an accomplishment by all means, so kudos and congratulations to Michigan Team;

Back