Surf Cup

KoaBear

BRONZE
I know it's a couple weeks away but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Surf Cup this year. Maybe Tech can do an early Tech Specs on the brackets and teams?!?!?

I think it's going to be hot and crowded.
Bah humbug. It'll be 20 degrees cooler than Norco. Actually I can't think of a SoCal venue my daughter has played at that I like more than Oceanside.

If you really want to complain, let's talk about playing 9v9 on 8v8 size fields with a big 11v11 roster and a bench full of subs. Now that should be interesting! Might just favor teams that are still playing that format.

No doubt, looking forward to watching kids score on goal kicks and punts! Some of these kids are giants and strong for the small field.

The Blues Kale keeper has a long punt, I can see her with a few shots on goal maybe even a one or two hopper over the other keepers head.

Bah humbug. It'll be 20 degrees cooler than Norco. Actually I can't think of a SoCal venue my daughter has played at that I like more than Oceanside.

If you really want to complain, let's talk about playing 9v9 on 8v8 size fields with a big 11v11 roster and a bench full of subs. Now that should be interesting! Might just favor teams that are still playing that format.

No kidding!
Still think that's weak. Would much rather see teams conform to our 11v11, field size, goal size, etc coming here than so many of our teams and the tournament needing to accommodate/regress/back up to the minority of teams traveling here for SURF CUP....hello!!!!

Does this mean headers are illegal too now? Just sayin...

No kidding!
Still think that's weak. Would much rather see teams conform to our 11v11, field size, goal size, etc coming here than so many of our teams and the tournament needing to accommodate/regress/back up to the minority of teams traveling here for SURF CUP....hello!!!!

Does this mean headers are illegal too now? Just sayin...
Part of the issue is team size. If you're playing 9 v 9, you might have a hard time making it through the tough weekend with a smaller bench. I'm not wild about the 9 v. 9 either, but it's probably the lesser of two evils this year.

Back