Surf Cup -vs- Silverlakes Showcase

I love Surf Cup, and prefer games near the coast, but no need to spread misinformation about SilverLakes. Most games will be played Fri-Sun and, as of right now, it's forecast to be only a couple degrees hotter than the historical average for this time of year. None of this should be a shock to the teams that signed up for this tournament (or the coaches who have registered to attend).

View attachment 2976
Yes you are right..... looks like ideal playing conditions.o_O;)

I love Surf Cup, and prefer games near the coast, but no need to spread misinformation about SilverLakes. Most games will be played Fri-Sun and, as of right now, it's forecast to be only a couple degrees hotter than the historical average for this time of year. None of this should be a shock to the teams that signed up for this tournament (or the coaches who have registered to attend).

View attachment 2976

Looks like it might be a little cooler than expected. Current forecast:

Capture.JPG

Silverlakes is definitely hotter - going to be 100+ all 4 days :). Where are the coaches going?
Mijo, the coaches will be at Surf Cup.
If

View attachment 2976
Mijo, don’t forget Silverlakes has cervesas in the clubhouse!

First day of Silverlakes and second for Surf DA. How is the interest from college coaches and what age groups are the biggest draw from D1s given the changes in recruiting (if you can call it that).

For Silverlakes there were a lot of coaches on the Friday (30+), a little less on Sat and not many at all on Sunday.

So, how were the two tournaments this past weekend?
It seems there were a fair amount of coaches at SilverLakes. A friend, whose daughter plays for an 02 SCDSL Flight 1 team, said there were 10 coaches at her game on Friday. That's the most they've had for any one game at any tournament, including Surf College Cup. He also said it was hot, but not unbearable. 2 of their 3 games were morning games so about 75-80 degrees. They had one afternoon game that was 95 degrees, but coaches nevertheless came out to that game too.

We had a few college coaches on Friday and Sunday in Silverlakes- not a soul there mid-day on Saturday.

Overall, it was a joke- making all of these kids play in that heat for the dim possibility of a look from a college coach. I assume a majority of coaches were at Surf- why wouldn’t they be?

My biggest take away- I’m really glad that my kid won’t be playing in the Discovery division this fall. Anything to avoid the drive to Norco.

I don't know any college coaches who would come to any games without prior contact with a player who they are interested to see.

37/18/14 were our college count for each day. With D1 practices starting these week plenty of the bigger schools were not present. Either they were at Surf or more likely having one last free weekend before their season starts.

It looked to me that Sulverlakes had a good variety of college divisions.
D1-3 and NAIA
Plenty of D3 schools, that are known for excellent academics, typically smaller schools. To me having multiple types of schools represented is a positive.
It seemed like more D1 schools at Surf.

It looked to me that Sulverlakes had a good variety of college divisions.
D1-3 and NAIA
Plenty of D3 schools, that are known for excellent academics, typically smaller schools. To me having multiple types of schools represented is a positive.
It seemed like more D1 schools at Surf.
Your team has a 10:40 game today at Surf and you have time to post this at 10:30?

Back