Surf Cup Results

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=51482&Gender=Girls&Age=15

The first major tournament with many of the reconstituted teams since the birth year change including ECNL teams is now complete.

Any surprises? New teams that are on the rise? Any that seem to taken as step back as they find their way? Out of Socal surprises?

In the top bracket it looks like a few teams have not lost a beat ( Eagles, Blues Baker, Legends), some seem to be getting stronger - (Slammers ECNL), and a few have some kinks to figure out (Surf ECNL, WCFC).

There were certainly a lot of familiar faces wearing new team colors.

Any other thoughts or observations?

The big surprise to me is how in the *bleep* did Blues Baker 02 compete in USYS Championships in Texas on Saturday night (they lost 0-1) and compete (and dominate) in Surf Cup that same Saturday day, Sunday, and Monday?!?! Oh, And Blues Baker 01 dominated and won it all at Surf Cup too.
How'd they do that??

The big surprise to me is how in the *bleep* did Blues Baker 02 compete in USYS Championships in Texas on Saturday night (they lost 0-1) and compete (and dominate) in Surf Cup that same Saturday day, Sunday, and Monday?!?! Oh, And Blues Baker 01 dominated and won it all at Surf Cup too.
How'd they do that??
Hmmm....good question! I was just checking out the scores and saw they won Surf Cup in the 01 and 02 age groups. That's pretty impressive but I didn't know they were also competing in Texas!! Anyone have any insight on that??

Thing is there are always lots of guests at Surf so with some teams it's hard to tell what's what with some.

How'd they do that??

The USYS SoCal vs Solar final game score on Saturday night was 1-3. Three of the girls returned from this game to play in surf cup including 2 forwards and the goalie.

Hmmm....good question! I was just checking out the scores and saw they won Surf Cup in the 01 and 02 age groups. That's pretty impressive but I didn't know they were also competing in Texas!! Anyone have any insight on that??

solar red had the dream team playing with all the players from Hopkins and 03 red and the two star that play up. I wonder if So Cal had their dream team as well

How'd they do that??

Remember, there are '02's incoming from the U14 age group last year on all '02 teams. The Blues players at Surf on Saturday would probably be 02's from U14 ECNL and not part of the National Championship U13 team in Texas. On Saturday, that '02 bench had 1 sub. By Monday, the bench was at least 7 deep. Apparently some of those in Texas arrived. I asked around and it appears there were no guests used. So yea! How in the *bleep* did they dominate with 1 sub and then players that just played national championships just a day prior?

Back