Surf Cup G03 accepted list

The Surf Cup this year is more seeing how the new DA teams shake out, as well as observing all the colleges paying attention to our DD. The format to select the final four had massive faults, as the 4 teams included in the semi finals, played the two easiest teams in the group. As a result of this, you can see the lopsided scores in the semi finals. The Tourney definitely should just be a showcase and nothing more. The amount of colleges watching was a lot for 03 DA teams. How about the ECNL games?
Same for Ecnl in terms of college coaches. What I was hearing from several college coaches they were unimpressed with GDA with regards to the lopsided competition. They couldn't evaluate those girls.

Same for Ecnl in terms of college coaches. What I was hearing from several college coaches they were unimpressed with GDA with regards to the lopsided competition. They couldn't evaluate those girls.

What you mean by "same for ECNL," as there was no ECNL division/flight? Do you mean the super black and other flights?

Looks like Surf stepped up and put had their ECNL teams play against the teams that LA Galaxy forfeited against. That's great that out of town teams still got to play after hotel and travel costs. I'd be mad if we were promised four games and then someone just decided they didn't want to play.

I thought Surf Cup was amazing this year with absolutely beautiful fields, lots of college coaches and tons of cool touches like the huge sign with every participant's name, the big tents, the screens with all the scores and more. The only drawbacks were the strong odor on the back fields on the weekdays when the compost (or whatever it is) place was "doing business" lol and some of the lopsided scores in the DA bracket. Oh- I also appreciated the option to purchase a discounted 4 day parking pass. It's the little things...

A few of the GDA teams should have played in the Super Black for sure. They would have fit in better there and probably been more competitive.

What you mean by "same for ECNL," as there was no ECNL division/flight? Do you mean the super black and other flights?
There were plenty college coaches at the ECNL games I was watching including ECNL games in the Super White division. I watched several GDA games to see the hype . As @bababooey mentioned there was no clear separation between the three divisions except the intensity of Super Black and GDA. Not to take anything from the teams they got placed in super white . Several GDA teams wouldn't have done well in Super White. They were awful. They were out of the league. I couldn't imagine spending all the money it takes to travel to play teams like this.

With regards to the college coaches remember they are looking at players not teams.

A few of the GDA teams should have played in the Super Black for sure. They would have fit in better there and probably been more competitive.

A few ? More like several? many? I don't even know if Super Black would have been appropriate for some of those teams. It was literally like watching D vs A team.

There were plenty college coaches at the ECNL games I was watching including ECNL games in the Super White division. I watched several GDA games to see the hype . As @bababooey mentioned there was no clear separation between the three divisions except the intensity of Super Black and GDA. Not to take anything from the teams they got placed in super white . Several GDA teams wouldn't have done well in Super White. They were awful. They were out of the league. I couldn't imagine spending all the money it takes to travel to play teams like this.

With regards to the college coaches remember they are looking at players not teams.

What colleges were watching? You should have received a list after every game naming each college watching and other interested parties.

What colleges were watching? You should have received a list after every game naming each college watching and other interested parties.

The manager or DOC would have that info, I'm not either for the team we played with this weekend. However, the colleges I saw at our games were UNLV, University of Oregon, Humbolt, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, just to name a few and my DD played in super white this weekend and next weekend with her age group she will play super black.

Looks like Surf stepped up and put had their ECNL teams play against the teams that LA Galaxy forfeited against. That's great that out of town teams still got to play after hotel and travel costs. I'd be mad if we were promised four games and then someone just decided they didn't want to play.

I thought Surf Cup was amazing this year with absolutely beautiful fields, lots of college coaches and tons of cool touches like the huge sign with every participant's name, the big tents, the screens with all the scores and more. The only drawbacks were the strong odor on the back fields on the weekdays when the compost (or whatever it is) place was "doing business" lol and some of the lopsided scores in the DA bracket. Oh- I also appreciated the option to purchase a discounted 4 day parking pass. It's the little things...

Surf Cup was great except on Monday when the stench was so overwhelming at times that players, parents, and even refs were gagging. The absolutely worse it has every been.

The manager or DOC would have that info, I'm not either for the team we played with this weekend. However, the colleges I saw at our games were UNLV, University of Oregon, Humbolt, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, just to name a few and my DD played in super white this weekend and next weekend with her age group she will play super black.

You should ask for the list of colleges that pulled your DD team's player profiles before each game. It should be shared with all the parents and players. Those are the coaches that are really watching.

How would a mgr pull this infor?

A few ? More like several? many? I don't even know if Super Black would have been appropriate for some of those teams. It was literally like watching D vs A team.

I watched the two teams in my DD age group (the bottom two that had 20+ goals against and 0-1 goals for) and they would do just fine in Super Black. They played like a strong EGSL team - just not ready for DA.

I didn't notice any college coaches watching any of the three games my dd played over the weekend. However, I did not expect any college coach to watch a Super White game. Maybe next year or the year after once they are in high school?

@G03_SD the manager would know who asked for the profiles because they were handing them out.
@LadiesMan217 losing by 10 and 12 points does not a super black team make. I would argue that there were several super white teams that should have been pushed up to super black. No where else in the tournament did we see those blow outs in the 03 age group
My DD team had a couple of college coaches at the games this weekend. Her new team was in super white, and it was a surprise to us as well. It definitely wasn't as many as we saw at the super black games or the u16 age bracket, but our manager reported 3-5 coaches per game. for 8th and 9th graders in the second flight thats not too bad.

Any DA parents in here? What did you all think of the new format? Other ECNL Parents, what did you think of the fact that the ECNL didn't seem to shine like they normally do? I'll be honest and say that I think So Cal may have finally diluted itself to the point where they won't be able to dominate like they did in the past.

@G03_SD the manager would know who asked for the profiles because they were handing them out.
@LadiesMan217 losing by 10 and 12 points does not a super black team make. I would argue that there were several super white teams that should have been pushed up to super black. No where else in the tournament did we see those blow outs in the 03 age group
My DD team had a couple of college coaches at the games this weekend. Her new team was in super white, and it was a surprise to us as well. It definitely wasn't as many as we saw at the super black games or the u16 age bracket, but our manager reported 3-5 coaches per game. for 8th and 9th graders in the second flight thats not too bad.

Any DA parents in here? What did you all think of the new format? Other ECNL Parents, what did you think of the fact that the ECNL didn't seem to shine like they normally do? I'll be honest and say that I think So Cal may have finally diluted itself to the point where they won't be able to dominate like they did in the past.

Regarding new DA format: I like the fact that DDs team now only plays 1 game a day (2 a day against stout competition can be brutal) though not necessarily agree with the "can't play 3 days in a row policy" (I'm sure it increases parking/hotel revenues though). Not crazy about the limited substitutions as if it really is all about development, how are the bench players going to get enough minutes to develop? This is probably why Bakers are not participating in DA (they like to substitute the horses in their stable constantly as to always have fresh legs in the game). The lack of competition in certain DA teams was definitely evident. Huge disparity and this is going to take years to even out (if it ever does). One poor team ended the tourney with 29 goals against and none for. Welcome to DA.

Regarding new DA format: I like the fact that DDs team now only plays 1 game a day (2 a day against stout competition can be brutal) though not necessarily agree with the "can't play 3 days in a row policy" (I'm sure it increases parking/hotel revenues though). Not crazy about the limited substitutions as if it really is all about development, how are the bench players going to get enough minutes to develop? This is probably why Bakers are not participating in DA (they like to substitute the horses in their stable constantly as to always have fresh legs in the game). The lack of competition in certain DA teams was definitely evident. Huge disparity and this is going to take years to even out (if it ever does). One poor team ended the tourney with 29 goals against and none for. Welcome to DA.
One DA Club 2 GF and 58 GA across the 3 ages groupS. Had to be devastating for those girls.

One DA Club 2 GF and 58 GA across the 3 ages groupS. Had to be devastating for those girls.
Could not agree more. Saw a bit of an ECNL game at an older level where, I think it was the DMC Sharks (new to ECNL) let up 6-7 goals against another ECNL team. I think the reality is that there is a tremendous amount of parity (spelled it correctly this time :) ) due to the league shuffling - thank you US Soccer - and it will take a few seasons to balance out, if ever.

I believe there is 14 DA teams for this region; I saw some fantastic soccer over the weekend from the typical big clubs-Surf, Blues, West Coast, Crossfire, San Jose; and I saw not so good soccer as mentioned above.
Could not agree more. Saw a bit of an ECNL game at an older level where, I think it was the DMC Sharks (new to ECNL) let up 6-7 goals against another ECNL team. I think the reality is that there is a tremendous amount of parity (spelled it correctly this time :) ) due to the league shuffling - thank you US Soccer - and it will take a few seasons to balance out, if ever.
I think the opposite of parity, as the delta in talent is significant between top DA teams (6 clubs) and the rest.

Back