Surf Cup G03 accepted list

NEW: All teams are guaranteed 4 games

USSDA Boys & Girls all age groups will play on dates 7/28/17, 7/29/17, 7/31/17, and 8/1/17 (off day on 7/30)

With 16 DA teams accepted , and DA rule ,only one game per day, Wouldn't they have to play 5 days/games,
3 Bracket Games
1 Semi-Final
1 Final

Seems to me most all DA bracketed tournaments would need to be minimum 5 days. How can they give teams one day off and get this done in 4 days?

NEW: All teams are guaranteed 4 games

USSDA Boys & Girls all age groups will play on dates 7/28/17, 7/29/17, 7/31/17, and 8/1/17 (off day on 7/30)

With 16 DA teams accepted , and DA rule ,only one game per day, Wouldn't they have to play 5 days/games,
3 Bracket Games
1 Semi-Final
1 Final

Seems to me most all DA bracketed tournaments would need to be minimum 5 days. How can they give teams one day off and get this done in 4 days?
Maybe NO "semi-final" game? Consolation games & Final??

Ok, only way I see they can that they can get it done in 4 days is to play single elimination to stay in winners bracket to become Champion, lose and keep playing in consolation bracket. But even this will be difficult with one game a day and giving all teams off same day. Bah, why am I so preoccupied with this?. Maybey cause I'm a scared parent who got stuck with too may multi-night hotel stays in tournaments. ???? oh well ,its DA they are not supposed to play to win just work on pre-game submitted development items anyway... Just if they can get it done in 4 days whats with the day off......

16-man-consolation-tournament-bracket.png

Not if you get to take the insta pic next to the BEST OF THE BEST wall and #surfcup it
It's allllll optics at our age group. Smh

Not if you get to take the insta pic next to the BEST OF THE BEST wall and #surfcup it
It's allllll optics at our age group. Smh
That's true! And some age groups have 5 flights. Funny that the 5th level winner will be sporting the jacket. Surf Cup "Best of the Best" just doesn't mean the same thing anymore.

SOCCERMINION - it doesn't seem that confusing to me. All DA teams will play two pool play games. Then the seeding takes effect after those two games.

All teams will get four games over four days (Sunday, July 30th is an off day for the 03 DA teams).

Those showcase games for the teams that finish #9-#14 seem useless, but if you can mix in a trip to Seaworld, Old Town, Lego Land then maybe the games don't really matter and the "vacation" part is good.

SOCCERMINION - it doesn't seem that confusing to me. All DA teams will play two pool play games. Then the seeding takes effect after those two games.

All teams will get four games over four days (Sunday, July 30th is an off day for the 03 DA teams).

Those showcase games for the teams that finish #9-#14 seem useless, but if you can mix in a trip to Seaworld, Old Town, Lego Land then maybe the games don't really matter and the "vacation" part is good.

The games are not "useless", it is an opportunity to play other good teams. As in the ECNL playoffs, single elimination, its an opportunity to "play". Sometimes it is only one tie or one goal that separates a top team from one in the as you say "useless 9-14". Coaches may be take a look at a few players on some of those teams as well after seeing them play the first couple of games. Since it is the beginning of the season and some of the teams are new it will be a great opportunity for all of them.

Surprised there's no chatter about Surf Cup this year. My DD is not playing this year. Any updates, commentary, rants, etc?

Surprised there's no chatter about Surf Cup this year. My DD is not playing this year. Any updates, commentary, rants, etc?

Sorry, not too much to share. The fields were great, the weather was great and the competition was strong. Traffic on Saturday was terrible (to be expected), but a lot lighter on Sunday.

I watched some DA games, watched some Super Black games and watched the three games my dd played in Super White. There are some very good players out there, but as far as skill goes between the three levels, there is not that much separation. There are two things that stood out to me in watching games from the three different levels. One, the lower level teams waste possession A LOT! Silly passes out of bounds, goal kicks going out of bounds, throw-ins bouncing off players and going out of bounds, poor free kicks that usually go to the opposing team, etc.

Second difference, the intensity of the players is much higher at the DA and Super Black level than the Super White. I have no idea why this is, maybe less stress at the Super White level versus the other two levels.

Surf Cup is still the most well managed tournament that we have participated in.

Okay, in hindsight, there was an average amount to share.

I was also very surprised at the silence this year for Surf Cup. I think we are all collectively holding our breath and waiting to see how these big changes shake out.

The Surf Cup this year is more seeing how the new DA teams shake out, as well as observing all the colleges paying attention to our DD. The format to select the final four had massive faults, as the 4 teams included in the semi finals, played the two easiest teams in the group. As a result of this, you can see the lopsided scores in the semi finals. The Tourney definitely should just be a showcase and nothing more. The amount of colleges watching was a lot for 03 DA teams. How about the ECNL games?

The Surf Cup this year is more seeing how the new DA teams shake out, as well as observing all the colleges paying attention to our DD. The format to select the final four had massive faults, as the 4 teams included in the semi finals, played the two easiest teams in the group. As a result of this, you can see the lopsided scores in the semi finals. The Tourney definitely should just be a showcase and nothing more. The amount of colleges watching was a lot for 03 DA teams. How about the ECNL games?
Does anyone know why the Galaxy 03 and 04 USSDA teams are a no show today at Surf?

Back