Surf Cup Challenge v2007 Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase?

I want to thank Split That and Adidas26 for the kind words. I can tell you that the SoCal teams, especially The Eagles, better be ready to bring their "A" Game as the Top Solar 07G team is coming to town and redemption is on their mind. For the record, the team that played in Surf Cup in August was actually the clubs "C" Team and recently joined Solar from an independent club. I would not consider them Solar as they do not compare to Solar 07G Colvin. To be fair, not too many teams in fact can be or should be compared to them.

You will see in a few weeks how the top Solar 07G team brings the Thunder to SoCal! I can attest to the statement that this team is truly the best in the nation and they take soccer to a new level. Their technical skills and determination is top notch.

Visit our Facebook page for a preview of what you should expect from these future USGNT / USWNT players. To be honest, I foresee the USGNT coaches contacting Solar about having these girls represent the US when they reach U14. If the SoCal coaches are lucky, maybe a few of their players may get the nod to join them.

https://www.facebook.com/solarsoccerhighlights/

See you soon!
That "C Team" is a wonderful team. Absolutely great players on that team, that center defender is really impressive.

Admittedly I am not an expert on your various teams, but it appears from a little searching that your "C team" is:
1) undefeated since Surf Cup in August
2) recent wins in September include Dfeeters Jones (1-0, ranked #13 YSR) and FC Dallas Red (2-0, #10 on YSR), while your A team beat Dfeeters Jones in June (4-2) and lost to FC Dallas Red (1-2) in May in Dallas open.
3) is ranked #29 on YSR with a lot of green arrows since Surf Cup (while your B team is #77)
4) won U9OC Labor Day tournament, sweeping all 5 games pretty handily (while your B team lost 2 of 4)

I would be interested in seeing your "C team" play your A team.

Visit our Facebook page for a preview of what you should expect from these future USGNT / USWNT players. To be honest, I foresee the USGNT coaches contacting Solar about having these girls represent the US when they reach U14. If the SoCal coaches are lucky, maybe a few of their players may get the nod to join them.

https://www.facebook.com/solarsoccerhighlights/

See you soon!

That is so cool. My daughter is looking forward to meeting these future USWNT stars. Will there be time for autographs before the games or just afterward?

Wow Gunner! I doubt if those parents or girls on that Solar team feel like you do. I give you an A+ for trying to stir up the pot. Last I heard these girls are only 10 years old though. Long way from USNT. No need to put a target on their back. But that link to those highlights you posted does let me know that they are a pretty good bunch.

Alright alright....

The team from 2017 surf cup, is the B team, not C. Another team got the 'Elite' name, due to politics. The real B team is undefeated in the top local league sitting up top all alone having beaten the FCD Red and D'Feeters Kicks team. The 'Elite'(cough) team just not ready for west coast teams yet(and many NTX teams).

The team yall will face is indeed the team that got spanked 9-3(?) by the Eagles at the 2016 Surf Cup on those tiny fields with many of yall taking kick off shots at the goal. So please, not real soccer that weekend and yall know it. They are good, real good. They are beatable, day in day out probably better than the other top 4 or 5 NTX teams, but they can be beat. They lost to FCD Red as someone noted. They came very close to losing in Semi's to the D'Feeter Kicks team at SuperCopa, I guess one girl got a 40+ yard leg, saw the video.

If yall recall, they were on the forum for the 2016 Surf talking smack as well, and it didn't work out well for them. Gunner9, I just may know who that is, not surprising from him. Gunner9 on our forum is indeed a solar parent. So he has a troll following if not him(which would be funny). And YES, they do read this forum, they knew what was going on. They are a confident bunch, don't like to lose. Cali girls will need to bring A game when they play them, won't be 9-3 this time.

Solar vs Blues shaping up to be a compelling matchup tomorrow... wondering if either side brought guest players or felt they were good to go with established rosters... hearing eagles have no guest players... eagles vs heat could be a tight battle, heat is solid side... Surf seems to be firing on all cylinders as usual so far as well

At The Blues Hotel, we love our guests.

Heard Surf looked solid in 2nd game

Heard Eagles had balance vs a good Heat team

Solar v Blues and Surf v Eagles should be excellent games. I see the first game is quite early, maybe some real time forum updates are in order.

Best of luck to them, all great teams.

When teams guest play a kid for a tournament like this is it kids from, for example, another So Cal Blues team (lower level 2007 team or strong 2008 player) or a kid from outside of the club?

When teams guest play a kid for a tournament like this is it kids from, for example, another So Cal Blues team (lower level 2007 team or strong 2008 player) or a kid from outside of the club?
Both. My player guest-played for older teams within our club, and also clubs from around Southern CA and one from N CA and even one from Seattle. Sometimes teams that travel don’t have their normal full roster and they can use the help.

That is so cool. My daughter is looking forward to meeting these future USWNT stars. Will there be time for autographs before the games or just afterward?
I’m guessing the future National teamers took the day off today.
Blues up 3-0 in the second half. Will be a long plane ride home.

In this instance it is a kid from outside of the club. Also known to guest quite often in many tournaments for a few other clubs.

Final 6-0. Blues is an excellent team and would have won today hands down without the “borrowed one”.
North Texas still has a long way to go before they can compete with the brass that So Cal has to offer.

Hey Solar......great campfire story! If you wanna save money you can camp out in my backyard next time and sing Cumbaya all night about future national team players.......Bummer expected better with all that big talk....can you please update your facebook page with BLUES highlights from that game......LOL.

Be Humble........

Saw pieces of the Surf and Eagles games yesterday and both teams looked good but seemed to struggle on the small fields. Either team will need to bring their A-game against the Blues and their Guest. With the loss by the future national team hopefully the different ranking websites will actually reflect results.

Back