NOMADS 2005 USSDA Boys U13
SAN DIEGO SURF ACADEMY SELECT Boys U13
SAN JUAN SC SAN JUAN 05 ACADEMY Boys U13
SANTA ROSA UNITED 05B DA Boys U13
SEATTLE UNITED B05 USSDA Boys U13
STRIKERS FC IRVINE MARTINEZ 2005 Boys U13
WASHINGTON PREMIER FC WPFC B05 DA Boys U13
WASHINGTON TIMBERS FC ACADEMY B05 USSDA Boys U13

I might also be missing some. Here is the whole list of boys 05 teams from the hotel site:

ALBION SC ACADEMY Boys U13
ALBION SC SOUTH B05 ACADEMY Boys U13
ANAHEIM SURF WHITE Boys U13
ARSENAL 05 USSDA Boys U13
Blues FC 05B Boys U13
BLUES FC 05B NAVY Boys U13
BOCA OC B2005 Boys U13
CELTIC 1888 Boys U13
CELTIC ACADEMY Boys U13
CENCAL COSMOS 2005B GREY Boys U13
CES JUVENTUS - ZOFF Boys U13
CORINTHIANS SC CORINTHIANS-B05 Boys U13
COSMOS FC 05 Boys U13
CROSSFIRE B05A KREITER Boys U13
CROSSFIRE PREMIER B05 ACADEMY Boys U13
DIABLO FC 05B PREMIER Boys U13
EL PASO TX TOROS FC TOROS FC PREMIER 2005 Boys U13
Excel Soccer Club 05 Boys Boys U13
EXCEL SOCCER CLUB 2005 BOYS Boys U13
FORCE 05B I Boys U13
GS SURF B05DA Boys U13
HEAT FC 05 EA Boys U13
HONOLULU BULLS HSC BULLS ACADEMY 05B Boys U13
LA GALAXY SAN DIEGO '05 ELITE - AQUINO Boys U13
LA GALAXY SOUTH BAY 2005 ELITE Boys U13
LFC IAA BAY AREA 05B ACADEMY I Boys U13
LOS ANGELES UNITED FUTBOL ACADEMY ACADEMY Boys U13
MURRIETA SURF B05W Boys U13
NORCAL PDP 05 BOYS Boys U13
OCEANSIDE BREAKERS B05 BLK Boys U13
PACIFIC NORTHWEST PACNW SC B05 A Boys U13
PALO ALTO SC 05B BLUE Boys U13
PATEADORES PATS RESERVE ACADEMY 05 Boys U13
PUGET SOUND PREMIER PSPL SURF ACADEMY B'05 Boys U13
REBELS GOLD Boys U13
SAN DIEGO SC B2005 ACADEMY NAVY Boys U13
SAN DIEGO SURF SD BOYS SELECT 2005 Boys U13
SEATTLE UNITED B05 TANGO Boys U13
SERENO 05 BOYS DEUTSCH Boys U13
SERENO 05 BOYS KRAUS Boys U13
SSC SPOKANE SOUNDERS Boys U13
STAR ACADEMY FC 05B I Boys U13
TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY 05 Boys U13
TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY TFA-SD 2005 Boys U13
UNION CITY PREMIER REAL FC 05 Boys U13
UTAH SOCCER ALLIANCE USA PREMIER 05B - SA Boys U13
WASHINGTON TIMBERS FC ACADEMY B'05 USSDA Boys U13
WEST COAST FC 2005 KIRSCH Boys U13
WESTSIDE TIMBERS BU05 COPA Boys U13

It sucks this is conflicting and drawing away a lot of the talent

https://www.u12wc.com/#story

U12 JUNIOR SOCCER WORLD CHALLENGE

It is a bummer it is the same weekend, but as someone that coached a team that won the US Volkswagen Junior Masters and got to go to Rome to play in the World Championships, Surf Cup no comparison. They can play in that for many years, you get one chance in these types of tournaments. I think teams choosing to go to Surf Cup instead are nuts. The experience in playing where that is the prize for winning is unlike any other.

Reactions: Wez
It is a bummer it is the same weekend, but as someone that coached a team that won the US Volkswagen Junior Masters and got to go to Rome to play in the World Championships, Surf Cup no comparison. They can play in that for many years, you get one chance in these types of tournaments. I think teams choosing to go to Surf Cup instead are nuts. The experience in playing where that is the prize for winning is unlike any other.

I would love to hear about that experience, if you feel like sharing?

I have a thread started here: http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/u-12-junior-soccer-world-challenge.3112/

Looks like there might be enough DA teams to do a DA only flight:

ALBION SC ACADEMY Boys U13
ARSENAL 05 USSDA Boys U13
CROSSFIRE PREMIER B05 ACADEMY Boys U13
GS SURF B05DA Boys U13
LOS ANGELES UNITED FUTBOL ACADEMY ACADEMY Boys U13
WASHINGTON TIMBERS FC ACADEMY B05 USSDA Boys U13

I think Chingirian is the coach of the '05 Strikers Academy team so I am not sure if Strikers are sending their Academy team. Probably not though.

I think Chingirian is the coach of the '05 Strikers Academy team so I am not sure if Strikers are sending their Academy team. Probably not though.

Correct. Martinez 2 is now the Irvine B05 flt 1 team. Roy is taking DA 05s to U12 World Challenge instead of Surf Cup.

How do they conflict?

I guess it's only a potential conflict. If Surf does a B05 DA bracket and it was the same weekend as the other DA brackets, you would be doing at least 7 games and maybe a lot more depending how well you do in both, in one week. Even if you played in the non-DA bracket at Surf the weekend of Aug. 5th, that is still a lot of games in a 2 week span. I'm guessing most Coaches will avoid that kind of grind.

"U12 JUNIOR SOCCER WORLD CHALLENGE - The event is scheduled to take place July 22, 23 and 25 at Silverlakes Sports Complex.
- Min. 4 games"

" Surf - Boys & Girls Non USSDA flights - U10 – U14 - August 5-7"

I guess it's only a potential conflict. If Surf does a B05 DA bracket and it was the same weekend as the other DA brackets, you would be doing at least 7 games and maybe a lot more depending how well you do in both, in one week. Even if you played in the non-DA bracket at Surf the weekend of Aug. 5th, that is still a lot of games in a 2 week span. I'm guessing most Coaches will avoid that kind of grind.

"U12 JUNIOR SOCCER WORLD CHALLENGE - The event is scheduled to take place July 22, 23 and 25 at Silverlakes Sports Complex.
- Min. 4 games"

" Surf - Boys & Girls Non USSDA flights - U10 – U14 - August 5-7"
05's and 06's are not DA yet so they do not play Surf Cup the DA weekend. They play Aug 5-7. We asked about this and were told our 05's (even though they will be DA for the upcoming season) are playing regular tournament format the youngers weekend. Makes sense and we are fine with that.

05's and 06's are not DA yet so they do not play Surf Cup the DA weekend. They play Aug 5-7. We asked about this and were told our 05's (even though they will be DA for the upcoming season) are playing regular tournament format the youngers weekend. Makes sense and we are fine with that.

Good to know. I wonder if any teams will be doing both Surf and U12 Junior Worlds...

Who's favorite to win it all?
Surf, Strikers, TFA, Celtic, Albion, or out of town visiting team................

Strikers DA scrimmaged Flt 1 (Martinez) last night. Flt 1 boys are ready for battle, should do well. Will be tough in a bracket filled with DA teams though.

Anyone know why they didn't put all the 'DA' teams in one flight? They seem to be spread across Super Black and Super White.

Anyone know why they didn't put all the 'DA' teams in one flight? They seem to be spread across Super Black and Super White.

Top Flt 1 teams can compete with DA teams, we know this, but not sure what any DA teams would be doing in other brackets.

Back