Surf Cup - Best of the Best ECNL vs DA

Josep

GOLD
Some very tasty matchups in the top flight of the Surf Cup olders. Will be very fun to watch.

Should be some fun matchups. Lots of good soccer right now with ECNL in Nationals in Virginia and the DA finals this week at OCGP.

It is unfortunate to see how surf has evolved. If you look at the list of teams they don't seem to be the best of the best anymore. Silverlakes has a very good turn out of DA and ECNL top teams

It is unfortunate to see how surf has evolved. If you look at the list of teams they don't seem to be the best of the best anymore. Silverlakes has a very good turn out of DA and ECNL top teams

Why do you think the list of teams isn’t the best of the best anymore?

Both tournaments seem to have quality teams in each age group, at least on the girls side. I'd love to see some more of the DA teams, specifically the San Jose Earthquakes 04G's play in the Silverlakes tourney against some of the best ECNL teams. That should be a great bracket at Silverlakes.
https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/flightstandings.aspx?eid=989&fid=5127

It is the nature of the beast and it is US not THEM.

Surf hasn't "evolved". Surf has always tried to put together the best of the best and always will.

It is still one of the landmark tournaments every year and is likely to remain so.

CSL used to have the best of the best in SoCal, then SCDSL came along and screwed it up, then DA, then ECNL, then CRL, then NPL.

WE have diluted the competition.

It is the cost of the free market. It is not anything to lament, it is just reality.

Ford automobiles use to be the best of the best. IBM, Yale, Brie.....

It is the nature of the beast and it is US not THEM.

Surf hasn't "evolved". Surf has always tried to put together the best of the best and always will.

It is still one of the landmark tournaments every year and is likely to remain so.

CSL used to have the best of the best in SoCal, then SCDSL came along and screwed it up, then DA, then ECNL, then CRL, then NPL.

WE have diluted the competition.

It is the cost of the free market. It is not anything to lament, it is just reality.

Ford automobiles use to be the best of the best. IBM, Yale, Brie.....

Are you talking about Surf the club or Surf the tournament?

Both tournaments seem to have quality teams in each age group, at least on the girls side. I'd love to see some more of the DA teams, specifically the San Jose Earthquakes 04G's play in the Silverlakes tourney against some of the best ECNL teams. That should be a great bracket at Silverlakes.
https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/flightstandings.aspx?eid=989&fid=5127
I agree, but seeing as San Jose Earthquakes just played their final game of the season (and won the National Championship) yesterday. I am sure they will be taking some much needed time off for the rest of July.

The argument is that DA and ECNL have the best players and most competitive teams- there seems to be only a few DA or ECNL teams at Surf Cup

Interesting I see quite a few teams that played in previous years that are absent from the list too. Also some National Cup quarter/semi-finalists...missing

Interesting I see quite a few teams that played in previous years that are absent from the list too. Also some National Cup quarter/semi-finalists...missing

Qf and Semi teams from national cup? Everyone knows most of the best teams don’t even play in natl cup. Why would anyone expect a QF team from Natl cup to be in a top bracket of a showcase?

Back